Guesses for Project #2

WandererNearby

I think it's the Apocalypse Guard. The things we know about Project #2 is: 

• The only non-cosmere book of the bunch
  • It contains excerpts of something else Brandon wrote.
  • Works as an entry point for new readers.

We know a few things about the Apocalypse Guard:

1. Brandon wrote all/most of a draft (I don't remember which) so it would fulfill the second bullet point
  2. Dan Wells has since gave it a draft and fixed a lot of the problems then it is Brandon's job to rewrite another draft and fix the magic system. 
  3. It's about the coffee girl who gets stuck somewhere after traveling via portals. The cover reasonably depicts a teenage girl who is holding a scifi-looking gun. Plus, that looks like a portal behind the cover character.
  4. Apocalypse Guard is not in the Cosmere. 
  5. It also is about a bunch of new characters so it could reasonable be an entry point.

What do y'all think?

36 minutes ago, DougTheRug said:

I think it's the Apocalypse Guard. The things we know about Project #2 is: 

That was my guess, too. Though thinking about it again one thing does not fit. Dan Wells is not on the cover.

Then we have to ask which of Brandon's works features a multiverse? Reckoners.
Is it possible that the person on the cover is Calamity?

2 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Dan Wells is not on the cover.

Very good point. Probably enough to sink my guess, if I'm being honest. The only hope (for my guess) is that adding Dan's name to the cover would have given away what book it was. 

Edited by DougTheRug

Brandon has been very particular in his phrasing several times to describe the non-Cosmere project as "something completely different." I think the title of the book will, in fact, be: Something Completely Different, and indeed have to do with multiverse shenanigans as implied by the cover.

I think it's related to Reckoners and that whole YA multiverse but not The Apocalypse Guard itself. That being said, Brandon did say that TAG would most likely come out after Skyward 4, and with Defiant coming out in spring, I can see Spensa's adventure being released in March while this book is in April, making it technically true. Still, as others have said, it would feel wrong if Brandon published TAG without noting Dan's help in the mock-up or claiming it to be his entirely. 

On 3/3/2022 at 8:51 PM, Pagerunner said:

Brandon has been very particular in his phrasing several times to describe the non-Cosmere project as "something completely different." I think the title of the book will, in fact, be: Something Completely Different, and indeed have to do with multiverse shenanigans as implied by the cover.

Speaking of title, we only have one more day to guess what it is:

Based on the picks and processing done by @Hoiditthroughthegrapevine we can make some decent guesses I am currently leaning towards:

Spoiler

The Feral Wizard's Handbook to Survive Medieval England,
I'm pretty confident in the bold text.  Some of the text is so small that its really just a guess.  What I don't like about my guess is that it doesn't account for the multiple Earths at all.

11 hours ago, platnumkid said:

Hide contents

The Feral Wizard's Handbook to Survive Medieval England,
I'm pretty confident in the bold text.  Some of the text is so small that its really just a guess.  What I don't like about my guess is that it doesn't account for the multiple Earths at all.

Dang, so close.... to nailing the title