Secret Project Sample Chapters: Yay or Nay?

14 hours ago, nerpspren said:

Yes after reading the description I might end up just reading the chapters after all haha. Then I can enjoy all the RAFOs on the live streams too haha (so much for willpower) :P

It is kind of fun listening to Brandon's reading too. I've listened to the first one three times haha.

Upon listening to Brandon's reading of the secret Project one chapters, I'm glad I did. It basically just sets up the story, and I feel like I would run into the information gleaned inadvertantly sometime in the next year anyways. And the full release is long enough away that I think it will still be fresh and new when I read it for real. Looking forward to the next ones!

On 3/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, nerpspren said:

I'm curious as to how many of you are planning to read/listen to the sample chapters for the Secret Project books and start theorizing, and how many are wanting to go in fresh when they're released next year? 

I am undecided and see merits to both. Please comment on your plan (Yay or Nay) and why!!

I have already listened to Brandon read part one of secret project 1, and then I might have watched the spoiler discussion on  secret project 1 as well. I am so very excited for all of the secret project books I just didn't have the self control to wait!

I would say yay because they are sample chapters and supposedly aren't the final drafts yet and also for people who aren't as into the comere and Brandon in general it gives them a way to be more exited about the cosmere, it build, up the anticipation and helps support the fantastic writing that is the cosmere.

On 09/03/2022 at 11:46 PM, Pseudonymous said:

I have already listened to Brandon read part one of secret project 1, and then I might have watched the spoiler discussion on  secret project 1 as well. I am so very excited for all of the secret project books I just didn't have the self control to wait!

On 11/03/2022 at 9:51 AM, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

I'd originally planned to stay away...

... but I couldn't resist. So I've listened to him read everything and the spoiler discussions already. My will is weak

Glad I'm not the only one!

I have to admit that I also gave in to the excitement and read the full sample in both cases as of now. But I don't regret it at all! In both cases, it was just enough to get a good look at what the respective book aims at and is about, but not enough to make me frustrated that I will have to wait. Brandon really chose good point to end these. So with this experience, I will probably go on and just read all of them, as that means I can safely watch the complete livestreams and browse the forum

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was going to try to stay away from spoilers. Still haven’t seen any yet. But since Brandon had to go release the storming Stormlight 5 prologue and I couldn’t resist that, I’m now wondering why I am waiting for the secret projects which come out sooner…

28 minutes ago, Philomath said:

Well I was going to try to stay away from spoilers. Still haven’t seen any yet. But since Brandon had to go release the storming Stormlight 5 prologue and I couldn’t resist that, I’m now wondering why I am waiting for the secret projects which come out sooner…

My view is that those are two separate things; the secret projects are meant - optionally - to be read blindly, without previous knowledge of the books. This is something I want to try once. Doesn't mean that I have to do it with SA, too.

51 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

My view is that those are two separate things; the secret projects are meant - optionally - to be read blindly, without previous knowledge of the books. This is something I want to try once. Doesn't mean that I have to do it with SA, too.

Yeah. I think I’m going to keep waiting. There is a degree of excitement about the surprise too. Though I definitely am kind of bummed that there are hours of content on Brandon’s YouTube and Shardcast that I can’t listen to yet. I need things to listen to people! Ha ha.