Reckoners World RPG

Quivil

Nox stoop in front of a giant mirror admiring his reflection. “I think that might be in the top five biggest parties I’ve ever hosted. Wouldn’t you agree Archibald?” Nox said to his butler.

“Undoubtedly sir.” Archibald said dryly. 

“I’m not sure how I’m going to top that tomorrow night. Do you have any ideas?” Nox asked while reaching for his toothbrush.

“I’m sure you’ll think of something sir.” Archibald replied with the same flat monotone posh voice as before.

“Ma ee,” Nox grunted as he brushed his teeth. He spat into the sink. “I was thinking of doing a rave.” 

“An excellent idea sir.” Archibald said with no sign of support for the ‘excellent’ plan.

A knock interrupted Nox’s musings, and he ordered Archibald to see who it was.

Archibald slowly strode to the door and opened it. Just outside the door was a large well muscled man kneeling on the ground.

“My liege,” the man said, “We have news from our spies that a new epic has entered the city. We know that they are in the eastern side of the city, but other than that we have no information.”

Nox grinned, and his wings flared out a little bit. “That is great news!” He exclaimed.

“Sir?” The man questioned.

“We’ll throw a welcoming masquerade for my new subject. They can keep their identity a secret, while we still get to meet them.” Nox said turning to them. “Go and make the usually announcements, and make sure you send letters to both Ironwall and Desolation.”

The two left his company, and he went back to admiring himself in the mirror. “This will be my best party yet.”

*in a busy square*

A messenger wearing a black suit with an eight pointed white starburst emblem on his jacket.

The messenger stepped onto the edge of a fountain and cleared their throat. “Mhm. Hear ye loyal subjects of the night! All epics and those who have gained the favor of Lord Nox! You are hereby invited to a masquerade at the cathedral tonight at 10:00 to celebrate the arrival of a new epic! Lord Nox, King of the night.” A few people who had gathered to listen slowly wandered off, and the messenger left to go to the next square.

@Tani, @#1 Taln Fan, @Goob, @The Unknown Novel, @Voidus, @Skaromas, @dannnnnnex, @Zephrun's Imperium, @NotarySojac, and everyone else.

Edited by Emery the Steelrunner

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2022 at 9:14 PM, Emery the Steelrunner said:

A messenger wearing a black suit with an eight pointed white starburst emblem on his jacket.

The messenger stepped onto the edge of a fountain and cleared their throat. “Mhm. Hear ye loyal subjects of the night! All epics and those who have gained the favor of Lord Nox! You are hereby invited to a masquerade at the cathedral tonight at 10:00 to celebrate the arrival of a new epic! Lord Nox, King of the night.” A few people who had gathered to listen slowly wandered off, and the messenger left to go to the next square.

From the recesses of a dark alley Compound watched the messenger deliver his master's announcement. 

A party. For me, Compound thought, Great, I thought I had escaped those things when I left Chivalry's court. Well it shouldn't be to bad, at least these wont be trying to replicate medieval England. What could go wrong.

Looking around, Compound touched the wall of the building he was leaning against, and turned it to pure air. Then he walked through and made another hole through the floor, falling down into the dark recesses of a lower room.

• 1 month later...

If anyone wants Ironwall, you'd better take him within these seven days.

Bug stepped into Ironwall's planning room, waiting until he glanced up before she spoke. "Sir, Nox is throwing a party, and his messengers say it's because there's a new Epic in town. I'm not sure if he means the one I met in the sewers or a different one."