Reckoners World RPG

Ookla of Colors

There's where the thing is explained. Sorta. ^^ This one's in Berlin, Germany.

Here's an actual docs, courtesy of TUA: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cp-dOb_i0lSv3Jnma025eRjPI3DDAOOiVEmdBQkYKr4/edit?usp=drivesdk

After this page break, please put OOC things in quote boxes. (just like normal.) Anyone who wants can be one of the big bosses in whatever place we're playing in.

@#1 Taln Fan @Invocation @The Unknown Aon @Fallapede @DramaQueen @Skaromas @Primeval Chaos @Goob @Enter a username @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

DISCLAIMER: I will not be trying to write accents, real or fake. If something I write seems like an offensive attempt at an accent, I'm sorry. I will, however, be trying to write in a way that shows how the character is talking differently than they normally do. I'm not going to write a sleepy character as if they're not tired.

The streets here were too narrow for comfort. Bug didn't like that. It made her twitchy. Sadly, she couldn't just leave - she had a job to do. If she finished this quickly, she could go somewhere more open.

She finally spotted her victim. "Hey you!"

The lump in the gutter stirred, groaning.

"You're owing."

"Ssso?" The man asked tiredly. "Whadda ya gonna do about it?"

Bug drew a knife. "You have two options."

The glint of the knife seemed to get the man's attention. He jerked upright, fully awake now. "I haven't got it with me! Mercy, please! I can get it to you by the end of the week!"

"Do you know what happens if you fail to show up?"

The man's gaze dropped, his eyes on his feet. He swallowed. "Yes," he whispered.

"Good." Bug sheathed her knife. "Don't be late again." She climbed the nearest wall and left.

Edited by Tani

Sounds cool to me. I’ll be Crystallix, an Epic who has been mentioned canonically, and who is dead, but who I’m commandeering as my own. I have the ability to create and rapidly grow crystal structures midair, that are reasonably strong and can be used for mid-air transportation. I wear a sort of armor made from those same crystals, both to keep with the theme, and for protection. It doesn’t cover everything, my face is still exposed often, but if I see an attack coming I could shift around the armor or grow over an exposed area. (Think like the Akura Bloodline armor, if you’ve read Cradle). A piece of armor is strong, probably standing up to 2-ish shots from a gun, or like one energy blast from an Epic. My crystals glow a light blue. For an attack, I’ll either use a sharp crystalline sword that I’ll form at my waist, or I’ll throw javelins of crystal. 

Crystallix walked through the sewer, crystalline armor casting the tunnels into a soft blue light. He had heard rumors of some gathering happening somewhere down here, supposedly involving some minor Epic. Crystallix was new to the city, and didn’t know about all the Epics yet. But he was willing to bet he could take whoever he would find down here. If not… well, he would deal with it. Form a barrier of crystal to block up the tunnel, and then flee. But it wouldn’t come to that. He heard voices up ahead, and paused. There was light coming from around a bend in the sewer tunnel. He willed a thin blue crystal wall across his face, a mask to obscure his features. Better for his air of mystery. It was important to impress. He stepped out into the light, spears of jagged crystal forming in each hand. 

I'm interested in joining, but only if this is going to have some sort of actual planned plot and conflict. If it's just "start rp-ing and see what happens" I doubt it'll get very far. Some sort of rough outline of a very general plot would be nice. Or even just a basic premise for a conflict. 

Also what's the time period and setting here. I know the setting is europe, but like, what dimension. Do we have a Calamity here? Is it post-Calamity? What's the deal with all that stuff?

Okay, sorry I'm a bit late, but I'm gonna be Compound, an epic with 2 powers, the ability to change any form of matter to any other form, retaining volume, but changing density and that he is a gifter. His powers work best if he knows the chemical composition of the material is is changing, and the material he is trying to change it into. His powers are very flexible, but limited in range.

Compound walked along the streets, his hand pressed lightly against the wall behind him. Where they touched the wall, the bricks and stone within a few centimetres transformed to pure copper. He walked the streets for a few minutes,  getting a feel for the people of the city, it was so different from London, where he had gained his powers three years back.

He reached the end of the street he was on, a narrow one that had surely existed for centuries. When he stopped daydreaming he raised his eyes to focus on the nearest group of people, a small gathering of teens. He walked towards the group, his eyes set on the apparent leader, a tall boy of maybe eighteen years.

"You there," Compound said, his voice cold and quiet compared to most epics, "Where can I find the leadership of this city?"  He saw the teenage boys cower before his gaze, the boy he addressed looking side to side in the hope that he was not being talked to.  

After a few seconds of deliberation the boy said, "Uh, in the central tower, you cant miss it. Its right there," he pointed to the tower rising above the middle of the city.

"I should have known, thank you mortal," Compound said as he walked off, sights set on the central tower. 

Edited by Skaromas

17 hours ago, Dannnex said:

I'm interested in joining, but only if this is going to have some sort of actual planned plot and conflict. If it's just "start rp-ing and see what happens" I doubt it'll get very far. Some sort of rough outline of a very general plot would be nice. Or even just a basic premise for a conflict. 

Also what's the time period and setting here. I know the setting is europe, but like, what dimension. Do we have a Calamity here? Is it post-Calamity? What's the deal with all that stuff?

*starts thinking up plot ideas* If there're plots they'll be vague and easily bendable.

There is Calamity, it's not post-Calamity yet.

Crystallix emerged into the room, ready for a fight. 40 men with firearms stood inside, an Epic in a green cape speaking to them. All heads turned as Crystallix shot his twin crystal javelins at the Epic. They cracked against the man’s side, tearing up the clothing but not piercing the skin. 

Impervious skin. Crystallix thought. He could have another ability as well.

Crystallix shot forth two lines of crystal, ones towards the group of men, one towards the Epic. One crystal grew into curricular wall, trapping the Epic, and the second line of crystal fractured into jagged points, jabbing into the legs of the men. They cried out, a few getting off shots at Crystallix, but the shots only cracked his armor. He patched those cracks with new crystal, his crystals enclosing the surviving soldiers. Those with free hands began to drop their weapons. 
Crystallix walked over to the Epic’s, prison, and noticed that the blue crystal was glowing red in a large patch at the back. It appeared that the Epic was a fire Epic, and was burning his way out. Crystallix smiled, reinforcing the melting area. Then he caused the crystal to grow smaller, squeezing the Epic inside. The prison was now airtight, and the Epic would die of suffocation before he managed to burn his way out. Crystallix waited until the grunts died out, then turned back to the 25 men still alive. He released their crystal bonds.

”you have two options.” He said. “Work for me, or die where you stand.”

All 25 men dropped to their knees and bowed.

Compound walked into the square that held the central tower; it acted as a meeting place for the two epics that ran this city, according to his information, though these meetings often evolved into fights in the local area. It was a tall white structure, and used to be TV Tower, back when people had the luxury to use TVs. At its top was a large spherical contraption that had once been a viewing platform. Lines of blue-green energy coursed along the metal frame that had been affixed to the tower, the powers of the epic who maintained electricity in the city, Discharge. The two epics leading the city claimed that the tower was for meetings only, but in actuality it served as the power source for the city, with Discharge being Imprisoned at the top generating the energy. It was a punishment for his rebellion a few years back, unnecessary mercy in Compound’s eyes. Discharge had tried to push his territory into the middle of the city, which caused both leading epics to stop squabbling over power and both go over and remove him from the city's power structure, imprisoning him at the top of the tower and making him a glorified generator.

The square was a prime place for newly arrived epics to announce themselves, and the only place in the city where many lesser epics gathered to discuss matters and form alliances, the closest thing epics had to friendships, under the eyes of the city’s two rulers.

Compound walked forward, slowly pushing his powers into the ground beneath his two feet, transforming the cobbles into the most attention grabbing material he could; gold. Where he stepped everything within a metre was transformed to pure gold, the street, the furniture he passed, even the stray litter that could be found occasionally, it all became gold. He had to have made a noticeable entrance, because several epics turned to him, and started whispering to the people around them.

“I have come to announce my presence to this city and its leader,” Compound shouted at the top of his voice, he scanned the crowd, "I am the epic known as Compound, and I will pledge allegiance to whichever of the leading epics calls on me first," and with that he turned and strode back into the narrow streets of the city.

Edited by Skaromas
Edited to fit with real world buildings.

The crowd scattered. One of the nearby birds flew off, heading straight for the Berliner Dom.

I'm assuming the tower you're talking about is either an eiffel tower lookalike near the middle of the city or the Berlin TV tower, which happens to be near the middle of the city AFAIK. If it's an eiffel tower lookalike I'm assuming it replaced the Berlin TV tower. Please correct any wrong assumptions I have.

Also AFAIK, Berliner Dom is a cathedral there near-ish (???) the Berlin TV tower.

Edited by Tani

You know, I wasn't aware that there was a tower like structure in the middle of Berlin, I didnt bother looking it up, which is a bit stupid, but I think I might edit my post to make it the Berlin TV Tower, as it makes more sense.

72230206f5f2647983c1a382187e2ad7.jpg

Atop the TV tower of Berlin a young woman sat, not on the viewing platform but atop the antenna that stretches even higher into the sky. She took a deep, welcome breath of the chill, fresh air as she sat, legs twined around the sparking metallic construct and a single arm hooked around it to stabilize her torso. She smiled as she took in the spectacular view, one that in years ago had seldom been able to be enjoyed by any. Calamity however had created no shortage of individuals who could escape the confines of gravity and enjoy vistas previously unknown.

"But a beautiful vantage nonetheless." She stated to the cold wind that should be biting into her unprotected face but seemed almost confused to find no purchase. "Not a flying museum full of dinosaurs but I've grown to enjoy it even so, and even with this turf war it's significantly less chaotic than Oregon was."

She twirled downwards, her long black curls of hair drifted down gently, ignoring the wind which still whipped about and settling in a pattern of her own making instead. As her feet made contact with the dome at the base of the antenna they briefly seemed to fuzz, fading into momentary mist. She frowned at the sight and under her gaze the mist snapped back into a solid form.

"Out of practice." She said with distaste. "Just because it's quieter doesn't mean you can let up."

She pulled her other leg from the electrified metal pillar atop the station, her hand briefly clinging to the metal as though reluctant to let go before finally leaving as she drifted along the globes surface, her long black dress clung lightly to her limbs as she walked, paying no more mind to the wind than her hair had and as she reached the edge of the sphere both dress and woman herself seemed to ignore not only the wind but the rules of gravity as she leaned out at a sharp angle. Far below a figure was approaching the station, gold marking his path as he approached.

Little overly ostentatious. She thought with an amused smile. Someone with something to prove? And likely trying to find a faction to group into. However much Epics try to hold themselves apart it's endlessly amusing how much they tend to seek approval and companionship still.

But there were other areas of the city she needed to look into today, perhaps she could visit this gold-footed newcomer later, but for now...
She vanished into a puff of mist before any below could notice her presence, and within moments it was as if she was Never There.

Thirty minutes later, Crystallix sat upon his throne of crystal, in the room where he had killed the Epic. He had sent half of his new men out into the city with specific orders. Find lesser Epics in the city. Deliver a message: "Come down to the sewers and pledge your allegiance to me. Otherwise, I'll find you, and kill you."

Crystallix wasn't an idiot. He was a calculating, patient man. He would wait here and see what occurred. He was sure that some of the Epics would kill his new messengers. A few would come and swear allegiance to him. A few would come to fight him. Crystallix was ready, however. He had lines of crystal running to the room's two doorways, spikes on the sides of the doorways, ready to stab into any threat that walked through those doorways. Crystallix smiled, and waited.

Also welcome Voidus, most ancient of RPers. 

Bug skittered along the ceiling of the sewer, slightly annoyed at her master. She had told him about the messenger and he made her go check it out. She wished she'd never let him find out enclosed spaces made her antsy.

She reached a doorway with crystal spikes on the frame. This was it. She peeked over the doorway and into the space beyond. The room was vaguely circular - a sewer hub of some sort. Inside was an Epic seated on a throne of crystal. King of the Sewers. There were about fifteen bodies on the floor, in with the few inches of reddish-brown muck. There was a crystal prison with a vaguely humanoid shape inside it. There was another spiked doorway on the other side of the room. On the ceiling - score! - was the bottom side of a manhole cover. Perfect: an uncontrolled escape. She grinned, and settled in to wait.

Edited by Tani

In the near silence of the sewer, Crystallix heard a faint noise. His head snapped towards the noise. There were only two doorways, and it had come from the left. 

“You there.” Crystallix said, pointing at one of his five soldiers, “go check that tunnel.” Crystallix rose from his seat, a crystal sword growing from his hand.

When the soldier returned, he shook his head and said he saw nothing. Crystallix growled. He was tempted to spear the man through the chest with a crystal javelin, but restrained himself. “Idiot, there could easily be an invisibility Epic, or a myriad of other things. Check again.”

The soldier nodded, and shouldered his rifle. He walked out the door, and Crystallix scowled. 

Bug almost panicked, but barely didn't. Her breaths started coming faster, but they stayed silent. She had to fight herself to not shrink in fear. Moving wouldn't help any.

The soldier might notice her this time, if he's specifically trying to be more thorough. (if you play D&D or GURPS you should get this) maybe roll for perception with a small disadvantage for Bug's 2nd power?

Edited by Tani

Neverthere had never enjoyed visiting sewers, as a projection it took some effort on her part to actually smell the surroundings but even when she didn't choose to do so the ambience here was unpleasant. Why so many Epics decided to make the places into lairs she'd never understand, sometimes it was to make a statement, a disfigured lizard-like humanoid dwelling in the sewers was certainly dramatic but the logistics of maintaining a base there were horrendous, and what was the point of a lair if you couldn't terrorize the people around you? The rats of the sewers might flee an Epic but that was hardly satisfying.

And this one grows crystals. She thought with amusement. Beauty comes from the foul places is it? Or just hiding from the more powerful Epics in the city.

The Epic had sent his guard to explore the tunnel twice now, but Neverthere had simply remained inside of a wall to avoid notice. It was slightly harder to hear through a thin layer of brick but thankfully Epics often felt a need to project their voices to enforce their authority. This one was at least clever enough to recognize that an Epic had any number of ways to hide from the casual observation of a soldier, though not wise enough to conceal his orders or change them in any way that would actually assist in finding such a quarry.

But such people often make for useful pawns. She concluded. And I've spent perhaps a little too long on the peripheries of the city without making myself known. Threatening vanillas can only take you so far.

"Why is it?" She said, stepping out of the wall into the tunnel directly behind the soldier, cutting him off from the Epic. "That people always jump to invisibility? Hallucination, sound-projection, teleportation, intangibility. So many ways to explain a mysterious sound in a tunnel and people always leap to assume invisible Epic."

Crystallix heard the voice, and walked to the mouth of the tunnel and facing the Epic standing there. He made eye contact with the newcomer. "To be fair," he said. "I did say 'a myriad of other things too.'" The other four guards still in the room, along with the one in the tunnel, leveled their weapons at the newcomer, but Crystallix waved for them to stand down. "Seeing as how you haven't tried to kill me in the past thirty seconds, I'll take it you are somewhat reasonable. Though we may be enemies, we may not be. I imagine we both see each other as an asset. Something to be used. I am called Crystallix. What is your purpose in coming here? I assume you heard my message from one of my men? Unless you just like sewers."

Neverthere let out a faint giggle, moving into the room and stepping up to each of the guards who had raised a gun at her. She held eye contact with each, long enough for them to see the faint trail of mist leaking from her body, the flicker of fear that always entered eyes when an Epic paid close attention to you. It was as intoxicating and glorious as ever.

"Very reasonable." She said, speaking to Crystallix as she stared down each guard til they broke eye contact. "And I try to avoid making enemies when I can. You're an Epic as well, and not an incapable one by the looks of the statue over there which means we can be friends. As for..."

Her gaze drifted for a moment, trying to remember the correct term in German.

"Well we called them Vanillas back where I'm from but I'm not actually sure what you call them in these parts. Non-Epics? Well they're not worth calling enemies, they're either useful tools or I ensure they're not a problem anymore." She said, flashing a smile at the guards. "But to speed things along and skip past the part where everyone starts threatening each other they're welcome to shoot me if they'd like."

She waved a hand slowly through one of the guards stomachs, arm misting as it passed through flesh.

"But in a small enclosed environment like this they'll probably just end up shooting each other. And as you astutely noted I've not attempted to harm either you or your pets, and gunfire makes it difficult to hear so perhaps we can skip that. As for how I knew you were here, I'll just settle for saying that I have my ways, I'm sure you can take a few guesses but I have to keep a little mystery around myself, it's part of my charm after all. But you can call me Neverthere."

Compound entered the small run-down building in which he had stayed the night he arrived at the city. Once inside he covered the door with a thin layer of iron, transformed from the air itself. He did this because even though he had checked to ensure he hadn’t been followed, any one of the people walking in the streets could be epics, and the rodents and birds that he had passed could have been controlled by epics, or be epics themselves. He turned and searched for his things, stuck inside a small internal column that he had added the day he arrived.

He pulled out his stuff, and grabbed his more discreet change of clothing: a long black coat, a black shirt and black trousers. On top of that he pulled out a black leather mask, fashioned after those of medieval plague doctors, Chivalry had got it made for him to sell the ‘Dark Wizard’ aesthetic. He shook his head, then put the mask on and pulled up his hood. It was time to get accustomed to the city.

He used his powers to turn a segment of the wall into air, or well oxygen as that was easier, and stepped through, entering an alley beside the building. He turned the wall back into stone, and looked down the alley. No one was there, good. He stepped forward and created a ladder against the wall which he climbed.

Now standing on top of the building Compound could see much of the city, and picked a point near the centre where he could watch, and wait for one of the two leading epics to call upon him.

berlin.thumb.jpg.64c9aeb81f089d44e0fd1b316cdeb6f4.jpg

@Tani @The Unknown Aon (@Anyone else who wants to be an anti-epic)

Cibor stood atop Victory Column overlooking the modest Berlin skyline. It was a nice city, Berlin, one of the better-off ones on the continent. It wasn't ruined, abandoned, or even majorly damaged by Calamity's spawn after she appeared and "blessed" the epics. Hell, it had electricity, running water- commodities half of Europe didn't have these days. It was relaxing, almost. Looking from atop this monument, he could almost pretend that Calamity never happened. As long as he ignored the lightly glowing TV tower in his peripheral, and pushed away memories of many other cities he had seen from a similar point of view, it was beautiful. But those forsaken cities... some felt like miniature hells made just for their residents. Rotterdam, flooded. Helsinki, under a never-ending snowstorm. Saint Petersburg and it's horrible Lakhta Tower. He had been to so many places... In comparison, Berlin seemed peaceful.

It was genuinely comforting, seeing it so pristine. He had visited Berlin once before, as a child before Calamity. His father had been on a business trip and had decided to bring Cibor and his mother with. What carefree days those were, walking down the roads, eating street food and gawking at the Brandenburg Gate... Cibor wasn't one for nostalgia, but sometimes a little was needed in these times of trial, to remind us what we're fighting for.

Still, however, there was work to do. Cibor turned away from the railing and began to walk back down the stairs to the base of the structure, descending down it's 285 steps to his partner at the bottom, Rosalin. The EAEC officially had sent them and a few other agents to scout the city, gather intelligence, and prepare for larger operations there. They were specifically told to stay somewhat low, pick off easy targets. Cibor, however, had other plans, for Berlin was a sickly city.
"Apologies, Rosalin. Just wanted to take in the view for a moment. Now, come on- we need to get some know-how on the city. We know the basics, but I want the specifics, yeah?"
       He continued past her and began to walk out into the street. He considered contacting the other members of his team that were already out and about, but decided against it. He wanted to minimize the use of cell phones, as you see Berlin had one of the densest Epic populations of any city he had ever been too, and you never really knew what twisted powers those monsters had. Any one of the city's epics could have some sort of signal-tracking ability, and if they tapped into the wrong call- well, that would be the end for him and his team
In fact, This large Epic population was the primary reason the EAEC hadn't started operations here before. To them, Berlin was a wall that they had just decided to try and breach.

To Cibor, however, Berlin was a city infected, teeming with the filthy and the malicious. Thankfully for the innocent, powerless Berliners, Cibor saw himself as a doctor, here to treat this blighted place.

And his cure, for this virulent disease?

Cold, hard lead.

Edited by Goob