Planet Insanity, a role-play.

So this rug is set on earth where an evil company lead by mad scientists projected every human soul, memories, identity, etc. into an inanimate object, animal, plant, etc. except a human body, all the bodies disappeared somehow (it doesn't matter how.). Your character can be any of these things, there is no particular goal in this and you can do whatever you like. you can also be wherever you like in the world. sidenote: the scientists also turned into other things. Magical powers can be created by the character but you cannot have immortality, any time related ability (making time go faster, slower, seeing the future, making someone age faster, time travel, etc.) , the ability to kill someone, or the power to transform into something else (chameleons are not included in this). 

here is a character template you can use.

Spoiler

Name: 

Pronouns: 

New form:

Skills and Abilities: 

Former Appearance:

Personality: 

Powers: 

Former Profession:

Other Stuff: 

here is mine.

Name: Jacob.

Pronouns: he him

New form: fox

Skills and Abilities: can write really fast, is no good at combat.

Former Appearance: tall, blond, debonair looking, emerald green eyes.

Powers: can turn invisible.

Former Profession: business man who owned his own company called Telech Foundation.

Other Stuff: he doesn't have a family, he doesn't have a cool backstory.

Jacob woke up as a fox. he was lying on the ground in a forest next to a large tree and a rock. Jacob stood up, wobbling. What! he had just been at a work meeting trying to decide what their next product was going to be! Jacob suddenly realized he was a fox. He started talking to himself, "nonononononononono!"

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

12 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

12 hours ago, #1 Taln Fan said:

Sure guys, you can be a chair Taln and you a potted plant wizard lol. though none of us know about our powers yet as this rp would probably start as soon as people lose their normal forms.

37 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Wait... so could I be... a reptile-plant?

no, it would have to be something normal that could just be lying around somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Hol' up...

Could I be one of the scientists transformed into, like, a rock with googly eyes?

sure! that sounds pretty normal, though the rock would have to had googly eyes before you became the rock.

Name: Tudor

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

New form: A large (6'5" by 3'5"), supported grand mirror, rectangular in shape. The frame is made of solid tungsten.

Skills and Abilities: Perfect color recognition, very good memory, fast writing and typing skills

Former Appearance: Tall, medium-weight white slavic dude with dark brown eyes and hair, large nose as the most noticeable facial feature.

Personality: Quick to anger, tendency to condescend and overexplain their points, made even worse post-transformation. Very honest and transparent, has a hard time interacting with people who aren't. Hates sophistry. General purpose thirst for knowledge.

Powers: Two powers. Power one: The surface of the mirror can display absolutely anything, as long as it sticks to three restrictions: it must be something Tudor knows about, it must be within the visible light spectrum, and it can't be brighter than 1200 lumens. So, basically, Tudor can't use their display power to gain knowledge, and can't produce blinding levels of light offensively (although they DO have offensive options, they're just not aware of them yet), but other than that, they can act like a super high resolution monitor. Right now however, Tudor has only learned to do three things with this power: display a copy of themselves, display exactly what the mirror should be reflecting, to hide that it's not a normal mirror, and display words. The mirror can neither produce nor perceive sounds, smells, and temperature. Essentially, its only sense is sight. Power two: The frame of the mirror can have a thermal differential built into it, causing it to expand and contract unevenly in order to move very slowly, at a rate of one foot per minute. Tudor does not know they can do this yet.

Former Profession: civil lawyer, specialized in intellectual property

Other Stuff: Tudor is currently hung in a museum hall, and as I mentioned, they don't know they're able to move yet. It would be nice for a different person from the RP to notice them and help them out.

23 hours ago, Condensation said:

hm. maybe. but the powers have to be related to the item or animal you have become. like let's say an old cloak could turn invisible or a map could teleport to one of the locations on it. though I like the stick idea.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:16 PM, CryoZenith said:

I LOVE that Cryo! that works! my character could find you somehow.

OHMYGOSH

I know exactly what I'm going to be.

Spoiler

Name: Bernard von Polluck (goes by Polly)

Pronouns: He/Him

New form: An old PC! They were a secretary working on an old, beige, chunky microsoft machine.

Spoiler

vintage old desktop pc 3D Models in Computer 3DExport

Skills and Abilities: They have access to the internet, audio, and can roll around on a little cart that he always kept the computer on - but they have a LOT of latency, and millions upon millions of processing errors.

Former Appearance: Just a dude. Probably had an unkempt beard or something.

Personality: Used to be perky, but now can't process his entire consciousness without reverting to the blue screen of death.

Powers: Internet! And maybe some other magical powers later; I haven't decided yet.

Former Profession: A cubicle farmer (spreadsheets and .docx files)

Other Stuff: No clue yet

Unghhhh...

Polly blinked awake, groaning. Why was everything so blurry? That was... the wall. Yeah. He'd fallen asleep at work again--wonderful. Not enough coffee.

He stretched, but couldn't really feel much of anything. Whatever. Mornings were like that. For some reason he couldn't hear anything. Maybe he should just--

This computer wants to:

Use your microphone.

[Allow]   [Block]

...what? He mumbled an expletive and clicked the Allow button by reflex, then popped his ears. Sounds began filtering in: coworkers, his boss, the machines. They all still sounded a bit jumbled and... pixelated? Just like his vision. All unfocused.

"Hello? Anyone?" That was his boss.

Polly grunted and stepped out of his cubicle. "Yeah?"

"AHH!"

"AHH!"

That was not his boss. That was a potted plant. That was the fake tree from the lobby. It was right there, and it was talking to him.

"What-- I--"

622f7ac18e9cb_Anerrorhasoccurred.png.1ebae33120ba6fc2ef7206751d751230.png

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Unghhhh...

Polly blinked awake, groaning. Why was everything so blurry? That was... the wall. Yeah. He'd fallen asleep at work again--wonderful. Not enough coffee.

He stretched, but couldn't really feel much of anything. Whatever. Mornings were like that. For some reason he couldn't hear anything. Maybe he should just--

This computer wants to:

Use your microphone.

[Allow]   [Block]

...what? He mumbled an expletive and clicked the Allow button by reflex, then popped his ears. Sounds began filtering in: coworkers, his boss, the machines. They all still sounded a bit jumbled and... pixelated? Just like his vision. All unfocused.

"Hello? Anyone?" That was his boss.

Polly grunted and stepped out of his cubicle. "Yeah?"

"AHH!"

"AHH!"

That was not his boss. That was a potted plant. That was the fake tree from the lobby. It was right there, and it was talking to him.

"What-- I--"

622f7ac18e9cb_Anerrorhasoccurred.png.1ebae33120ba6fc2ef7206751d751230.png

please use bold when rping.

Jacob stood up, he wobbled, this body was not used to it. that was weird. he was in a forest with rocks everywhere. he tried to walk towards one of the trees but he fell onto the hard ground. "ouch!"