Quick Fix 59: Bachelor--Roshar edition!

Lotus

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Should I be surprised to be damned to yet another bloody cycle instead of being NKed? >:(

Apparently not, given how hard Orlok was going for me.

Maili.

Y'all do what you want to, I'm peacing out.

I already stole the peacing out thunder :P

edit: if archer wants to vote me too, I vote we ask Lotus to end this early since I don’t have anything else to say. 
edit 2: if archer has no chance of voting Kas at least because I know I have nothing left to say to convince him. Last cycle should be evidence enough and there was plenty of discussion to look at. So, whatever you want, Archer. 

Edited by Mailliw73

you could have killed me. I have a death RP and it will never be posted. 

:P. Seriously though, I was certain I would die. Anyway, I want village cred for voting Orlok the past two cycles. Therefore you two should vote for each other and if this goes poorly, it's all my fault. Which means I should actually check my work with some backreading again. So I'll take a raincheck on the quick cycle. 

If I don't vote and the NK hits me, it's 50/50 which sides wins. Versus 100% chance of success or failure. I should probably commit to a read though.

3 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

edit: if archer wants to vote me too, I vote we ask Lotus to end this early since I don’t have anything else to say. 

Seconded if Archer wants to vote me instead.

I'm done. I'm really just done and I just wanted an NK to send me to the Elysian peace of the dead doc.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Seconded if Archer wants to vote me instead.

I'm done. I'm really just done and I just wanted an NK to send me to the Elysian peace of the dead doc.

I knew I wouldn’t be NKd but yeah I thought this was game over and I’m happy with that. 

Edit: there was no way you or I’d be killed Kas since we’re the main suspicions left. 

On that note, I’m so thoroughly confused that I’d be fine voting Archer if you are. @Kasimir I don’t know why he wasn’t NKd. At this point, I might be at crackpot levels but idk, he wasn’t NKed and his post this cycle is weird. Why back off me?

@Archer No, if you don’t vote, I will vote for myself and end this. There won’t be any 50/50 chance. 

Edited by Mailliw73

It is convenient that Striker gave inactivity clears to both Orlok and Mailliw. But they nulled Kas. So not much to read into there. 

Mental note not to effort clear Orlok in future. If the team is Mailwei, Sticker and Orlock, why did all the hard to spell names unite

Kas supports a Striker exe pretty early, over me. And Malibu didn't. 

Wonder if there was a secret reason for Mailman's no vote cycle. 

I'm who e!Kas would keep alive. Hmmm.

C3 Mailililialaialaiaalaia clearly supports Orlok. C5 Kas heavily susses them. 

C6, the elims could say whatever they wanted so long as the wagons split, but I do like Kas' willingness to vote Orlok on short notice. 

Emotion throws this out the window, but I think self voting is odd when the option of believing in a Archer-Kas team was available. 

I think given elim wincon, believing the last two of them would actively support each other isn't too difficult. I'm going to go with the simple explanation here and vote Mailliw. I'm fine with the cycle ending now, and have relayed that to my GM PM. See you in the Aftermath. 

Sorry Maili. I'm utterly tapped out too. As far as I can tell, I just honest-to-God cannot see a world in which Archer is Evil. He voted on Orlok twice for chrissakes. Which commits me to Evil you.

If he's Evil and he's pocketed me utterly, so be it. I just can't carry on anymore. I'm done. Locking in Maili

If we lose, gg Elims. I did my best, and I'm out of road.

Not going to try to tie my brain into more logic pretzels. I'm fine with the cycle ending now.

And with that, the final rose was given. Keredin stood confidently with the rose in his hand, knowing that the wealth of information this would be able to bring his fellow ghost bloods was insurmountable. And besides... Adolin was pretty cute as well. Perhaps they would get along half-decently. And I mean, after that fantasy suite night... This might actually be kind of fun!

The other participants headed home, some in tears, some relieved. Adolin did have a tendency to talk about his sword a lot... err... not that kind of sword.

- - - 

Malliw was not given a rose (voted out)! They were a Honest participant! 

Archer was not given a rose (killed)! They were a Honest participant! 

- - -

Vote Count: 

Malliw (3): Kasimir, Archer, Malliw

- - - 

Congratulations on the Ghostblood spies for winning the game! @Kasimir @Orlok Tsubodai@StrikerEZ

- - - 

Doc Links:

Dead Doc

Mod Spreadsheet

Elim Doc

Player list: 

1. Kasimir-- Keredin Ghostblood spy 

2. Matrim's Dice--Lucy  honest participant 

3. The Unknown Aon--Floradel honest participant 

4. Devotary--Kelath honest participant 

5. JNV--Aracha honest participant 

6. Archer--Nidhonest participant 

7. Experience--Zara  honest participant 

8 .Stricker--Vanala Ghostblood spy 

9. Ash--Tailia  honest participant 

10. Maillwi--Malila honest participant 

11. Thaidakar the Ghostblood--Salana honest participant 

12. Amanuensis--Awoman  honest participant 

13. Illwei--Albert  honest participant 

14. Bort--Bortington the Blind  honest participant 

14. Orlok Ghostblood spy 

Edited by Lotus

7 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Congratulations on the Ghostblood spies for winning the game! @Kasimir@Archer@StrikerEZ

Sigh. I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry :|

Please, please make me a Villager next time please :sob:

P.S. Think you misplaced Orlok with Archer, as Archer was Village. Not that Archer didn't help, but kind of sad as well, given how much work Orlok put in :P 

Just now, Amanuensis said:

GG everyone! I hope y'all had as much fun as I did! Especially Kas :P

The Elim doc was 90% breakdowns and stress and crying before Orlok returned I can tell you this much :|

Edited by Kasimir

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

P.S. Think you misplaced Orlok with Archer, as Archer was Village. Not that Archer didn't help, but kind of sad as well, given how much work Orlok put in :P 

My brain wanted to replace Striker with Malliw so it tracks. Fixed.

Lotus you put Archer on the elim team tags to mess with me didn't you

I'm breaking down

what is this

am i being messed with

Archer flipped green right

Anyways

GG elims

honestly didn't expect to die :P.

though ofc, I thought Archer was an Elim. Which...which means I should have expected to die. so.

Look,

I don't claim responsibility for my thoughts.

Anyways

This was a good game, I had fun despite dying inside every cycle telling myself something was obviously wrong with the gamestate but not wanting to go after Kas because if it wasn't Kas then like I'd feel bad because I seem to always go after Kas so anyways gonna stop rambling

this was a good game

I hate QFs as village

lol

Another victory for an elim team of mine where I get exed D1 :ph34r:

I am so incredibly proud of both of my teammates. @Orlok Tsubodai you were a huge part of figuring out strategy throughout the game when you were around. And @Kasimir you were freaking incredible and I am glad that I can say we have won both of our elim games together. :D Oh also, this was my first elim game with Orlok, which is cool!

Anyway, thank you @Lotus for running this! I had a blast for the day I was playing, even if I did get exed. :P

that's right, I was evil the whole time! no, Lotus, don't... 

sigh

I was planning on some voting shenanigans last cycle to test Kas' willingness to shift to Orlok, but I didn't want to fiddle too much with TUA's vote being uncertain and then TUA apparently forced the right shift and then Kas just went with it? I think the only tell I could have picked up on was TUA being a weird kill. Maybe Mailliw's frustration, but I always read self voting as evil. Good game elims. Was not expecting that outcome.  

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks for running this, Lotus and Araris. And for going for 3:12 instead of 4:11. Gave us a chance :P.

Edited by Archer

Hi hi hi wow great job Kasimir that was cool I like your words very nice good job spies fancy footwork there I trust long words too much good note for the future thanks

Thanks to everyone for being great and thanks to Lotus for running the game and wow 

Just... wow

(Also there were like two toher aftermath things and that kinda confused me for a hot second how does that happen)

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I was planning on some voting shenanigans last cycle to test Kas' willingness to shift to Orlok

Sorry bro :/

That wouldn't have worked. It would have hurt me greatly (and it did in the Elim doc) but I was prepared to bus Orlok without hesitation and had been since C5, just that C5 wasn't the right time due to a lot of factors, including myself finally snapping under the strain of having to act normal and not breakdown in the thread. My in-thread line was "I vote where Archer votes" so I stuck with it.

A brief summary of the game for me, courtesy of my appearance in the dead doc:

Alive.jpg.7daf19b1f68f0026c6945ecdaef90860.jpg

I'm still not entirely sure why I went Dingo there (usually that's an Elim response or a pressure response, both of which... weren't really present this game, just a lack of time). But it was fun!

Also I think the Aftermath double-posted, maybe

At 240, that elim doc is 11 off the record for most mentions of my name in one. :/

That elim doc is a little worrying. One reason being it sends the message that Kas would struggle to be evil in a longer game, which can serve as a soft clear next time he plays in one, because GMs aren't meanies (despite what you may have heard). I think because they discuss their struggles with burnout so much, while putting in admirable efforts, I have a tendency to think they've done enough, let's not make life harder by voting for them. Which translates into lazy, early clears. So I'm open to suggestions on how to approach such situations now that one has backfired one me, in a way that works for everyone. 

also they banked on me not revising enough and were right. rood. 

But mostly I'm going to chalk this up to good play by Aman and Mat and others for catching one, and then good distancing by team evil. 

Random death RP:

A producer pulled Nid aside. “You’ve got dirt under your fingernails.”

She locked eyes with him. “So?”

“There’s a sink over here. You should take care of it before you meet with him.”

“Let me ask you something. What’s the worst part about washing your hands?”

He shuffled his papers, confused.

“It’s getting your sleeves wet. I hate getting my sleeves wet. And for some reason, every single outfit you’ve given me has had a massive sleeve on the left side.”

“Well then it’s only half the work to…”

“No. Because you know what’s impossible to do singlehandedly? Use a bar of soap. What am I supposed to do, pet it like a hamster? Spin it like it’s David Bowie’s glass balls?”

“I don’t understand those references. But no matter, we’ll get makeup to sort it out for you. How’d you get muck on you anyway?”

Nid sighed. “Wish it was while digging your grave. Oh! Adolin, honey, you like a dirty gal, don’t you? We were just talking about what I can do with one hand.”

The prince blinked. “Do you like swords?”

“I like it shorter and sturdier. I’m more of a dagger girl, myself.”

“Okay.” He grabbed a sandwich and began to walk away. “It was knife knowing you then. Goodbye.”