Quick Fix 59: Bachelor--Roshar edition!

Lotus

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I will be playing as Albert, a sentient drip cup.

I swear, every generation of spren just gets weirder and weirder. I'm still rolling my eyes at Icecreamspren and Trashbagspren.

Dripcupspren is oddly endearing tho. Even cuter than Keyringspren imo.

Double-posting to see if this works.

Blast from the SE past:

[removed because it broke]

This should count down to when sign-ups end and the game starts. No more annoying timezone conversions!

Edited by Kasimir

7 hours ago, Experience said:

I'm...going to switch to spectating, don't wanna play this while running my game even though still wish I could play.

Well this game does start tomorrow, and you've not posted the sign ups yet, which means at least a week until your game starts :P Should you post it today, that's still 6 full cycles of this game in which you could either be exed or NK'd. Plus with 13 members atm (14 counting you) there's a decent chance it won't last that long either way.

38 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Well this game does start tomorrow, and you've not posted the sign ups yet, which means at least a week until your game starts :P Should you post it today, that's still 6 full cycles of this game in which you could either be exed or NK'd. Plus with 13 members atm (14 counting you) there's a decent chance it won't last that long either way.

Hmm true. Screw it, I'll play. 

Of all the ideas he'd had, Keredin was pretty sure that trying to woo Adolin Kholin was not one of the best.

As far as he could tell, anyone with a duelist Calling had to admire Adolin. Keredin'd watched some of his earlier duels and he'd liked Adolin's sense of style. Adolin had that rare combination of daring and pure élan—there was that legendary duel where Adolin'd won his Shardblade for the first time, and he'd only become more of an artist with the sword since. 

"Alright," he told himself, as he held the practice sword out before him and stood in Stonestance. It was his favourite stance, even if Cipher'd disagree. There was something about the solidity of Stonestance that appealed to him; let the world try to move you, to crush you. The avalanche did not break the pebble; merely diverted about it. Stonestance demanded you stand tall and proud against the world and you did not shatter.

Keredin knew all about breaking.

He moved through the training kata, making sure to take each move slow. In a duel, you moved fast. Here, with the weighted practice blade, you moved slow. Each move had to be perfect, seared into muscle memory so that in the heat of combat, your body remembered, even if your mind did not.

Stonestance was about momentum. Against an ordinary armoured opponent, the next stroke in the kata ripped free plate and then a backhand crashed into the opponent's vulnerable side.

Sometimes, the world tried to break you.

Sometimes, you just had to keep on moving, keep on running.

And there was Adolin Kholin, favouring Windstance, which a number of duelists in their generation didn't. Probably said something about him, if you were the sort to think a duelist's stance preferences said something about the duelist himself, though Keredin'd seen Adolin use Vinestance and Smokestance—not everyone was as flexible with their stance choices as Adolin, and Keredin himself considered Smokestance a preferred secondary rather than Windstance.

Windstance for nobility in those two clearchip drama books that Wyrum read to him, for a laugh. "Windstance for mobility," Keredin corrected him.

"Yeah, yeah," Wyrum said, waving him off.

Keredin took a deep breath and began again. He'd love to match blades with Adolin at some point. He didn't fancy himself a duelist of Adolin's calibre but he'd always believed—superstition, maybe—that you knew a man best when you crossed blades with him. And if Adolin was down for more than just swords...

Well.

Wasn't going to say no to that, was he?

Edited by Kasimir

1. Would like to request player sign-up name/character name changed to Keredin. I was not expecting the 'Brightlord' to be taken seriously as it is the standard Alethi term of address to a lighteyes and I'm not interested in confusing anyone who wants to co-RP with me.

2. Would like to know existing policy on death RP submissions - Y/N?

@Lotus

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

1. Would like to request player sign-up name/character name changed to Keredin. I was not expecting the 'Brightlord' to be taken seriously as it is the standard Alethi term of address to a lighteyes and I'm not interested in confusing anyone who wants to co-RP with me.

2. Would like to know existing policy on death RP submissions - Y/N?

@Lotus

1. Noted.

2. I would love death RP submissions. Do note that it should be in a bachelor-esc setting (ie not getting the final Rose, or being murdered in the fantasy suites)

43 minutes ago, Lotus said:

1. Noted.

2. I would love death RP submissions. Do note that it should be in a bachelor-esc setting (ie not getting the final Rose, or being murdered in the fantasy suites)

Thanks, I've just researched the Bachelor to be familiar with the setting :P 

*sound of chulls dragging carriges* Fifteen woman (and men) are here today to get to know the brightlord adolin, but only one may prevail. Who will attract the charm of Adolin Kholin. Who will get the roses, and who will be sent home? Lets start off with some introductions. Adolin, you stand here and wait for each woman to introduce herself, alright?

- - - 

Welcome to the first cycle! A few reminders:

PMs are closed

You must put your vote in your GM PM! Votes in-thread will not be counted

- - -

Now, introduce yourselves! Have a glass! Relax. I'm sure theirs no chance of murder on this season of the bachelor

- - - 

Player list: 

Spoiler

1. Kasimir-- Keredin

2. Matrim's Dice--Lucy

3. The Unknown Aon--Floradel

4. Devotary--Kelath

5. JNV--Aracha

6. Archer--Nid

7. Experience--Zara

8 .Stricker--Vanala

9. Ash--Tailia