Sanderson Theme Park

Shouldn’t be surprised this already existed once. Ha ha.
Okay. Here’s what I have so far. I am also including some non cosmere areas and modeling things more off Disneyland vs a real roller coaster thrill park. (I may try to do a super simple low skill map at some point. I’m just feeling extra nerdy today.)

Roshar area: 
Lunamor’s Restaurant: Menu includes sections for Vorins him and her and Rock’s menu. 

Rollercoaster called Windrunner. Can be either indoor like Space Mountain with visuals like flying through a high storm or just a classic outdoor roller coaster.

I love the idea of Adolin’s fashion shop. 

Small chouta stands are around. 

Scadrial Area: 

Ride in the style of Pirates of the Caribbean featuring Spook and the canals in Urteau. (I know they weren’t filled until the end, but maybe that could be included in the ride somehow still.)

A drop style ride (Tower of terror/Guardians) relating to steel pushing/pulling.

Is it correct that waffles are a Scadrian thing? If so, then either a restaurant serving waffles among other things or just loosely based waffle cones and ice cream. 

Nalthis Area:

This one I don’t have good ride ideas yet. But the area is going to be so decorated and colorful. Colored banners and stuff everywhere.

Food will include seafood restaurants and dessert shops for Siri and Susebron.

Shops will feature art.

Maybe this area doesn’t have ride attractions, but artists working like would come in the Court of Gods. 

Sel Area: (I’m struggling with this one so far)

Kiin’s Kitchen

Maybe a Soarin’ over California style ride that soars over Sel and points out the important landmarks that make up the important lines for the magic system.

Shops include customizable Soul stamps. 

Skyward Area:

Spaceship blaster ride

Nowhere Islands either as a playground/climbing area for all ages or as an Indiana Jones style ride.

Taynix Slug plushies are a must. 

Reckoners Area:

Area design includes 3 styles: things looking like steel, Babilar style glow in the dark spray paint, and carved from salt crystals. (Signs are posted around the steel areas asking allomancers to please get their steel somewhere else.)

Maybe a Splash Mountain style ride in a Babilar/Regalia theme. 

Edited by Philomath
Fixed spelling

6 minutes ago, Philomath said:

Shouldn’t be surprised this already existed once. Ha ha.
Okay. Here’s what I have so far. I am also including some non cosmere areas and modeling things more off Disneyland vs a real roller coaster thrill park. (I may try to do a super simple low skill map at some point. I’m just feeling extra nerdy today.)

Roshar area: 
Lunamor’s Restaurant: Menu includes sections for Vorins him and her and Rock’s menu. 

Rollercoaster called Windrunner. Can be either indoor like Space Mountain with visuals like flying through a high storm or just a classic outdoor roller coaster.

I love the idea of Adolin’s fashion shop. 

Small chouta stands are around. 

Scadrial Area: 

Ride in the style of Pirates of the Caribbean featuring Spook and the canals in Urteau. (I know they weren’t filled until the end, but maybe that could be included in the ride somehow still.)

A drop style ride (Tower of terror/Guardians) relating to steel pushing/pulling.

Is it correct that waffles are a Scadrian thing? If so, then either a restaurant serving waffles among other things or just loosely based waffle cones and ice cream. 

Nalthis Area:

This one I don’t have good ride ideas yet. But the area is going to be so decorated and colorful. Colored banners and stuff everywhere.

Food will include seafood restaurants and dessert shops for Siri and Susebron.

Shops will feature art.

Maybe this area doesn’t have ride attractions, but artists working like would come in the Court of Gods. 

Sel Area: (I’m struggling with this one so far)

Kiin’s Kitchen

Maybe a Soarin’ over California style ride that soars over Sel and points out the important landmarks that make up the important lines for the magic system.

Shops include customizable Soul stamps. 

Skyward Area:

Spaceship blaster ride

Nowhere Islands either as a playground/climbing area for all ages or as an Indians Jones style ride.

Taynix Slug plushies are a must. 

Reckoners Area:

Area design includes 3 styles: things looking like steel, Babilar style glow in the dark spray paint, and carved from salt crystals. (Signs are posted around the steel areas asking allomancers to please get their steel somewhere else.)

I love these Philo! :D 

10 minutes ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

Going into deeper detail on Philo's Skyward area... Mainly the first bit

Like a vr, immersive ride, where it acts like the holographic simulations, but it's not actually holographic. Idk how to explain it lol.

Yeah I can see something like this working. Basically little pods with a computer screen or something?

3 hours ago, Philomath said:

Reckoners Area:

An AR or VR Shooter ride where you go on a mission to take down a Reckoner and find yourself having to escape using that weird tech, and then find yourself in a new dimension and have to escape. 

Can't forget the curried food for the Roshar section, or the pancakes! 

Couple more ideas

Scadrian Area has 2 design ideas. A keep or two from Era 1 Luthadel and/or Era 2 mini New Seran with the waterfalls. Maybe a sky tram ride thing across the park starting there. I’m pretty sure they had those in New Seran to get up the different levels.

Instead of Hidden Mickeys all over the park it is Hidden Hoid.

And some food stands have instant noodles.

You know how I’m Disneyland they have those opportunities for kids to fight Darth Vader with lightsabers? You could come up with something like that with Shardblades maybe? 

I love this idea. Y'know those games that you're charged for with the possibility of getting a prize? I can see possibilities with this, such as drawing Aons or "mixing" (forgive me, i can't remember the correct term at the moment) metals for Allomancers.

• 1 month later...

I currently have a copy of the PlayStation 5 version of Planet Coaster, but no console to play it on at the moment.  When a PlayStation 5 or Pro, 32-36" 2160p television, and 2-4TB PCI-Express 4.x M.2 SSD are affordably available together, I will purchase them, get all possible possible building materials DLCs, and build my idea for a perfect Cosmere Park in sandbox mode.

I plan to use a plot with roughly the same footprint as the currently under construction Universal's Epic Universe in Orlando.

If need be, I can create an entirely new thread to discuss the details I would plan for my specific park (like individual land layouts), but I could offer a few insights that could apply to any hypothetical Brandon Sanderson/Cosmere park.

1: The food needs to be both in character, especially for a given land, yet still taste good and still have either selections available for special needs (Like Kosher, Halal,  Acceptable Triadic Hindu selections, or things like Vegan, Gluten Free, or Low Carbohydrate), or else forewarnings such selections are unavailable at a given food venue.  One can take an example Docking Bay 7 and Ronto Roasters at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios, where the food is kept sufficiently alien (except for the fired Tip-Yip), and there is a surprisingly wide selection of food, if one is willing to look.  In the particular case of Ronto Roasters, in addition to the Pork Sausage Wrap, they also have turkey and even a vegetarian "sausage" version made with tempeh and cooked quinoa, with Vietnamese rice paper "sausage skin."

2: Individual lands based on Cosmere (and even non-Cosmere) worlds are a given.  The Cognitive Realm as a hub connecting the lands is an equally logical choice.  However, in order to maximize the use of space within the foot print while doing (reasonable) justice to each land and the hub, I have a special proposition:  Have the hub (and the entrance to the park as a whole) be placed at a subterranean level, with the Material Realm worlds placed at the surface, and the access points to them themed as Perpendicularities!  For something with the footprint, of, say, Epic Universe, this could end up saving roughly 33 acres over going with a surface entrance area and hub.  The only downsides are that doing this in real life are 1, it will be extremely expensive, and 2, it makes planning surface-level water features that much trickier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An Era 1 ride that's in the Era 2 theme park. Basically, you go to see the Hero of All Ages moving experience, but they just received some metal bars that have been around since the Final Empire. Little does the theater troupe know that this metal is actually a Coppermind, and "touching it" aka having the bars down on the ride, transports people to the time of the Final Empire and we see Vin interact with Elend, Kelsier, and the rest of the crew. 

I think this would be a better choice of allowing people to see and experience the Final Empire without having to worry about implications of things. 

I'm not sure what to do for Era 3, but once the first book comes out, I'm positive we'll have ideas. 

Other things maybe:

A platform that travels above the theme park or a ride that travels above the theme park for Lux. 

A pilot training course for Skyward, a Superiority battle simulator for Starsight & the Skyward Flights. (Maybe you can keep a record if you go through each in sequential order?) A Nowhere-based rock climbing gym and restaurant for Cytonic?

Nothing for Dark One just yet. But maybe something will pop out next year.