What is everyone's theory for the 4 books?

AidenTollis

37 minutes ago, apepi said:

My thoughts:

1. New world, new character.

Agree. But which respictively whose world? Any ideas?

2. Non-cosmere, alternate world stuff?

The many Earths on the cover strongly suggest that, don't they? Reckonerverse? Apocalypse Guard?

3. World hopper or aether stuff? The girl is kind of giving me spren vibes, idk.

From the frequent descriptions of Sylphrena in a long dress or for another reason?

4. Ashyn stuff? My idea is this is the book with the character that we already know of, maybe Ishar? I do feel like this book is placed after stormlight 5 because it could spoil stormlight 5.

I am afraid I cannot follow that logic. Brandon has committed to a delivery date of SP#4 via the Kickstarter. But he cannot be sure SA5 will come out in 2023. Hence the sequence of delivery dates is still uncertain.

I’m really starting to think SP4 is Marsh. He is a side character and you will need to have read all the cosmere prior. Marsh was in Secret History and will be in The Lost Metal. The cover art shows a person that appears to show the outside curve of glasses…or a spike. Marsh also has the ability to World Hop.

Here's what I thought they were most likely to be:

Probably not Silence Divine, I expect that to be a Stormlight back 5 novella; probably not Sixth of the Dusk sequel or Kingmaker, those are not secret; probably not White Sand 2 either, not secret and also supposed to be comics I think?

1) Aethers books: one of the major magic systems of the Cosmere, as per Brandon and he had been dropping a lot of info about them recently. The Aethers world's seas have been mentioned by Khriss, and one of the covers depicts the sea.

2) Nightblood: a story that he'd have had quite a good idea of for the framework but supposedly hasn't started in on yet.

3) Dust Brigade (Threnody novel): Brandon's talked about it a bit, and Isaac is supposed to have made good progress on his Threnody work, iirc, so maybe Brandon's worked on his too. This is also what I'm hoping for the most. The book is supposed to open with a shipwreck as people try to sail back to the Homeland to try to reclaim it from the Evil, iirc, and one of the covers depicts the sea.

4) Obrodai or a new Shardworld of one of the Shards first mentioned in Rhythm of War! Obrodai is supposed to be a Sea World and one of the covers depicts the sea.

Guess I'll find out if Secret Project #1 is one of these soon! Update: And it is the Aethers world!

Edit: numbered according likelihood, not corresponding to Secret Project serial numbers!

Edited by Honorless

Second book is of course non-Cosmere book, have many Earths on cover, and Earth is not in Cosmere. First I thought (dream basicly) that it can be Rithmatist 2, but cover sugests something about Multiverse. Also dont match with any earlier Brandon books - wizard with gun in multiverse. Except one.

I think this can be in Perfect State Universe.

Book 4 I think can be on Ashyn.

Book 4 looks like an what I expect Aethers to look like.

The 4th story is the one that Brandon did for himself, which makes me think that it has to be something that is involved with his original picture of the cosmere, but not necessary for everything else. If it takes place on Yolen, that would be awesome, but I don't think it is Dragonsteel. Dragonsteel was never planned to get cut. This is something about the deeper backstory of the cosmere, I think. Aethers on somewhere (maybe Yolen... Hopefully Yolen) fits. I think that if Brandon was doing a book on Ashyn, it would be way more work. It is close to Roshar and there would be all sorts of cannon stuff that he would need Karen for.

Book 3 looks like... I don't know... I think about Aethers for that one too. Maybe I just only think about Aethers. That one is really mysterious. I am very confident that that one will be a brand new system.

Book 2 needs to be about interdimensional travel. There are tonnes of  globes with the same depictions of our planet. We know this has to be sci-fi, then. It is not "middle grade", which means it could be the connecting piece between reckoners and Cytonic, or it could be another book in that potentially connected sci-fi universe.

Book 1 ( minor book 1 secret project spoilers)

Spoiler

Is already revealed, but obviously was very well foreshadowed. There is a moon. You can see the spores coming down. Thaidakar of the Ghostbloods (the sharder) was able to identify the cup.  This proves that there are details that can be pieced together. (big spoilers below)

Spoiler

Obviously Tress's cups are a major theme, and so is the ocean and the moons that drop spores. I also know it is a long shot, but I would really like it if the sorceress is someone we know... All I can think of is a member of the IRE stranded or Kriss stranded. Either way, the sorceress is going to be a likeable character, I think

Book 1 seems to be the aether world (I saw somewhere that the aether world is supposed to have 12 as a special number, and 12 tidally locked moons that drop deadly spores seems like the batcrap crazy thing that aehers would be a part of.

Book 2 would be kind of funny if it was the Rithmatist 2, but idk how likely that is

Either book 3 or 4 seem likely to be Kingmaker (or whatever the sequel to sixth of the dusk is), we know that Brandon has written at least a little of it since he did a reading from the first few chapters.

On 4.3.2022 at 0:14 PM, Bzhydack said:

Book 4 I think can be on Ashyn.

I would hope so. However, isn't anything set in the Rosharan system a continuity issue? The Knights Radiant can now move quite freely within their system. And surely there will be a lot of novellas set in the Rosharan system during the back half of Stormlight Archive.

4 hours ago, DiePie said:

Either book 3 or 4 seem likely to be Kingmaker (or whatever the sequel to sixth of the dusk is), we know that Brandon has written at least a little of it since he did a reading from the first few chapters.

That would have to be #3, with #4 bringing back an old protagonist.

On 5.3.2022 at 9:23 AM, Kandrafish said:

The 4th story is the one that Brandon did for himself, which makes me think that it has to be something that is involved with his original picture of the cosmere, but not necessary for everything else. If it takes place on Yolen, that would be awesome, but I don't think it is Dragonsteel. Dragonsteel was never planned to get cut. This is something about the deeper backstory of the cosmere, I think.

Somebody we have seen, but who has not had his or her own story. That points back to old stories. Can this to be younger than Final Empire?

5 hours ago, DiePie said:

I don't think so. He specifically said that no one, aside from maybe his wife, knew about any of the Secret Projects. We found out about Kingmaker at last year's Dragonsteel Mini-con, meaning it wasn't secret. I personally don't think that the covers quite match what we know of Kingmaker, although that is just my opinion.

13 hours ago, DiePie said:

Book 1 seems to be the aether world (I saw somewhere that the aether world is supposed to have 12 as a special number, and 12 tidally locked moons that drop deadly spores seems like the batcrap crazy thing that aehers would be a part of.

Book 2 would be kind of funny if it was the Rithmatist 2, but idk how likely that is

3 is more likely then 4

On 3/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, Frustration said:

All three will be set on worlds we haven't seen before. Secret poj. 4 will be about Nahz or Khriss. Though Foil and Xisis are possible.

I dont believe he said "worlds". I think he said something more like "locations" or "places". One could argue Darkside is a new location. 

EDIT: he said words on the Kickstarter. My mistake

Edited by teknopathetic

17 minutes ago, teknopathetic said:

I dont believe he said "worlds". I think he said something more like "locations" or "places". One could argue Darkside is a new location. 

From the kickstarter page

Spoiler

Three of these are Cosmere books taking place on new worlds, and the other one is something completely different.

Brandon Sanderson

I just outlined a non-genetic magic system that I think is kind of interesting. I don't know if I'll ever get to write this book; I outline a lot of books that I don't get to write. But it was a really interesting idea for a magic system where a child was chosen by society when they were a newborn to gain the powers. You know, kind of for the good of society. And being one of these people, instead, I thought... Like I said, the implications are really interesting for that narrative story, is that you're forced, even from childhood you were chosen by everybody. You weren't born to it; but how do you choose a newborn? They just chose one, and now you've gotta live the rest of your life (Hope you picked a good one!) dealing with these implications. That's been very interesting to outline and think about, the effects on the character.

Questioner

Is that Cosmere or non-Cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson

That one is Cosmere.

JordanCon 2021 (July 16, 2021)

Anyone think this could be one of the secret projects?