What is everyone's theory for the 4 books?

AidenTollis

My theory:

1. Taldain maybe? The "Waves" could be sand? The colour scheme doesn't fit though. It could also be a new world, as Brandon did mention that.
  2. Random non-Cosmere book.
  3. I saw some theories about the two characters as Siri and Susebron. I also saw one about Nazh and Khriss. I like these ideas, and I agree with them.
  4. There is a line in one of the letter from Frost to Hoid

Have you given up on the gemstone, now that it is dead?

On the cover of book 4 is a gemstone like thing. It could be a fabrial... Or we could have a Hoid POV book!

Number 2 is the one from outside the Cosmere, and likely a young adult one that was done as a gift to his son.

Number 4 is likely going to be on Ashyn as there's some kind of floating city on it, and Brandon has spoken about wanting to do it plus it fulfils the criteria of a new world. The other two I'm going to suggest are Obradai and the world of the Aethers, and one of those will be a romance themed one for his partner.

4 hours ago, Thanatos said:

There is a Hoid box before book 2.

Before the non-Cosmere book. Hence specifically put there to block that conclusion.

I'd say #1 is on the Aether World
#2 is Apocalypse Guard

These are the predictions I would be surprised by being wrong on.

my guesses:

1. no idea what world, for the magic, I think the woman is doing something to the water with the left hand and having a focus on a cup of water with the right hand. 

2. non Cosmere, looks like a Halloween sci-fi crossover. looks fun

3. this looks like a love story to me and I'm excited for that, because I liked Warbreaker a lot. maybe they're from different families with a feud... Romeo Juliet like

4. this could be Ashyn. Mr. Bald holding a sphere of Voidlight maybe... :ph34r: edit: Brandon mentioned this is a character we've seen before sooooo my guess is it could be Nale's back story on Ashyn.

Edited by Sandra
edit due to listening to the livestream

I’m kind of wondering if the Cosmere ones are possibly some of the other stories that Brandon’s mentioned over the years but hadn’t gotten around to writing. Specifically I’m thinking of ones like The Silence Divine (Ashyn), Aether of Night (whatever world that is), The Dust Brigade, the Silverlight story and the kite magic story set on a minor world featuring one of Hoid’s apprentices. Heck one could be a self contained story set on multiple planets because the character is on a scavenger hunt where each clue is on a different planet and this could be fun to read since it would follow a worldhopper and we can see how that lifestyle works.

19 hours ago, Frustration said:

All three will be set on worlds we haven't seen before. Secret poj. 4 will be about Nahz or Khriss. Though Foil and Xisis are possible.

He actually says that in the KS page: 

Each also takes you to someplace new, original, and vibrant.

I'm hoping for Silverlight, Silence Divine. Who knows... maybe Nightblood if it gets tied into Silverlight or another world hopping planet between Warbreaker and SA. 

19 hours ago, AidenTollis said:

There is a line in one of the letter from Frost to Hoid

Have you given up on the gemstone, now that it is dead?

On the cover of book 4 is a gemstone like thing. It could be a fabrial... Or we could have a Hoid POV book!

Topaz can be orange. It is the rarest type, and is called precious topaz.

And then Four is a book that I was planning to write years from now that I really wanted to write, but wasn't sure that I would have the time in my life. And then when I got to it, and I'm like "I probably should be done with these Secret Projects," but then a little voice said "If you're done with the Secret Projects, you may never get to write this one that you've wanted to write," and it is a... I wouldn't say "essential" part of the Cosmere, otherwise it'd be in one of the mainline series, but it is a key part of a character in the Cosmere, a side character, that I've wanted to do for years, and the seeds have been set up in a different series for doing this, and I'm like "You know, I need to do this." And that's why I wrote that one, kind of for me. If I don't write this book now, this book is not going to maybe get written, and I want this story told.

Some more evidence for the Dragonsteel theory...

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

mine hates me already and has for six billion years. All Hail Sanderson! All Hail the COSMERE!!

My phone spell check has given up and just accepted Kaladin, Cosmere, Jasnah, and several others as words:lol:

Back on topic, I personally think that 3 could be a kite-based magic system. Something about the cover... I'm following my gut here.

My thoughts:

1. New world, new character.
2. Non-cosmere, alternate world stuff?
3. World hopper or aether stuff? The girl is kind of giving me spren vibes, idk.
4. Ashyn stuff? My idea is this is the book with the character that we already know of, maybe Ishar? I do feel like this book is placed after stormlight 5 because it could spoil stormlight 5.