Brandon's announcement video tomorrow

Ixthos

In Brandon's recent update video he mentioned that there is an important and unexpected video he's planning to post tomorrow.

That sounds ominous. I hope Brandon and his family and friends are okay.

[Edit] The video is out:

Edited by Ixthos

1 minute ago, Fritochip said:

Yeah. My heart dropped a little when I saw it. Hopefully it is just a 'Stormlight will need them be delayed' message and nothing more serious. 

Agreed. I can take a delay in his schedule - he's been so good to the community. If this is related to his or his family's health, mental or physical or spiritual, that definitely comes first. Hopefully it is just a "my plate is very full and I need to slow down" video.

Just now, Frustration said:

This is worrying.

DId he sound different to anyone else, like something was slightly off? And he looked so tired.

I have a bad feeling about this.

It is worrying, but until we know more I'm hoping for the best. He did seem tired - hopefully that isn't it though. All we can do is pray and hope.

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

AH when does it release?

I'm not sure. Brandon's time zone is nine hours behind mine on average I think, so this video announcing the upcoming video came out about an hour ago, at around 09:00 am his time - I assume the second video will come out around the same time, though we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, Ixthos said:

I'm not sure. Brandon's time zone is nine hours behind mine on average I think, so this video announcing the upcoming video came out about an hour ago, at around 09:00 am his time - I assume the second video will come out around the same time, though we'll have to wait and see.

ok, *strangled breathing* let's hope it isn't Brandon saying he's done with the cosmere.

I just hope that he and everyone else is alright. He seemed somewhat subdued which is unusual for him. I don't want to borrow trouble and we won't know anything until tomorrow, but I'll admit that it has me worried. Hopefully, its nothing. However, its hard to shake the ominous vibes.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Did he sound different to anyone else, like something was slightly off? And he looked so tired.

Yeah, he's looked very tired the last few update videos, and has mentioned having to try to find time to revise Skyward 4 somewhere between TLM and draft one of KOTW makes me think it'll be a delay on something.
But I'm holding out hope it's something positive, like news about a progressing option on one of the adaptations.

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

ok, *strangled breathing* let's hope it isn't Brandon saying he's done with the cosmere.

I definitely don't think it'll be that, with how long he's been dreaming about the cosmere and its storylines. 

Just now, masaru said:

how about we hope he's okay first?

yea, yea ik.

1 minute ago, Invocation said:

Yeah, he's looked very tired the last few update videos, and has mentioned having to try to find time to revise Skyward 4 somewhere between TLM and draft one of KOTW makes me think it'll be a delay on something.
But I'm holding out hope it's something positive, like news about a progressing option on one of the adaptations.

I definitely don't think it'll be that, with how long he's been dreaming about the cosmere and its storylines. 

I really hope it is a positive. 

1 minute ago, paperstones said:

I wonder if he is realizing he can’t do all he needs to do in the Cosmere and that he is going to open the books up to other authors to write.

He was already planning on doing co-authorships for smaller novels, I don't think he would ever give anyone else free reign unless he was going to die, but co-authoring is likely.

On the discord, one of the employees dropped in to say that no one was hurt or sick, but at this was all they would say on the matter. 

Honestly my guess is that Brandon might have realized that his plans for the cosmere might be a bit too ambitious, so some of the things that have been in the backburner for a few years are either being cancelled or co-authored. 

Take it from someone who has spent periods of his own life working far too hard and long. When you are in the middle of it, you push through, feel invincible, and are proud of your own work ethic. However the exhaustion catches up to you, and not in a fun way. Honestly I don't know how the guy manages the things he already has on his plate. So if he needs to scale back or even take a break, id say he has more than earned it. 

9 minutes ago, ShadowX81 said:

On the discord, one of the employees dropped in to say that no one was hurt or sick, but at this was all they would say on the matter. 

Thanks for the info, that's good to hear

10 minutes ago, ShadowX81 said:

Honestly my guess is that Brandon might have realized that his plans for the cosmere might be a bit too ambitious, so some of the things that have been in the backburner for a few years are either being cancelled or co-authored. 

My thoughts exactly

Posted by Brandon on Reddit:

Just want to say to everyone, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. You don't need to worry as much as you are doing right now. I am fine. Though this IS related to the stress of the last few years, it isn't something that you need to feel concern for me regarding. Indeed, there are some big silver linings to what I'm going to announce tomorrow. It will make sense then.

19 minutes ago, Sixth_of_the_Dusk said:

I hope he's okay. Whatever is going on, the way he messaged it reminded me of this line from the 2021 State of the Sanderson:

"It’s been a strange year for me, for more than one reason.  Eventually perhaps I’ll be able to explain more of why that is."

Yeah I got some of those vibes off of it as well. If it's cancellations, my money is on Nightblood and The Aztlanian officially not happening anymore.

Just now, Nesh said:

Indeed, there are some big silver linings to what I'm going to announce tomorrow.

Hm...ominous. Co-authorship announcement?