Me: here's a reads list
Also me: hits send before adding in reads list.

Can you tell it's 0530hrs? :|

Light Village:

• Striker (C1 vote is kayana; Elim should be indifferent between V/V trains and it attracts unnecessary flak)

Null+:

• Araris (C1 Aman kill doesn't fit his MO; recognise that this is defeasible, hence the null+)

Null:

• xino (strat feels kayana for an Elim, but also avoids scrutiny, so I'm not too fond of it.)
  • Len (I still maintain his proposal seems V, but I can't deny I dislike the side-train voting pattern, so this pushes him firmly back into null for me)
  • Mat (I'm trying to decide if my disagreement over his side-train issue is making me side-eye him, i.e. if this is LG83 again. But I just don't like it.)
  • Flamingo (No real read - would like to know more of her thoughts, as she seems to be sheeping, but also, new player so.)

Gonna go back and look at the previous votes now. Striker and Araris are non-starters for me; I can be persuaded into anyone on my null tier.

6 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Looks like the elims messed up. I'm expecting 3 elims for a game this size, according to the square-root rule, and since the elims double-killed Ash we have one more chance to catch an elim before the game is over. Araris previously criticized me for talking about Ly/Lo, but anyone looking ahead could see the signs.

Now let's look at why the elims killed Ash. I, for one, was viewing Ash as likely village, and it seems like the elims agreed with my logic. Yet again, I don't think it was a good choice for Ash to wager so many votes, because it gives the elims effectively a free kill by creating a mislynch, but it seems the elims bungled the kill and gave us another chance.

Here are my reads so far, copied from yesterday:

Top Suspicions: Striker, Araris, Xino

Middle to slightly suspicious: Flamingo, Mat

Village: Kas

I'm williing to join a vote train on any of my top 3 suspicions, but I guess I'll start with Xino because that seems to be where the votes are falling.

@xinoehp512 I raise you at least a reason not to vote on me: if nearly half of the living players find it a good idea to vote on me, that means that the eliminators must be OK with me dying. What are the chances that every single surviving villager concurs that I'm an elim? Not likely - the elims want me mislynched in order to win the game.

Eh, I don't find that particularly convincing. Elims could be jumping on the bandwagon to allay suspicion.

@Kasimir I think you should vote Len. xino seems village to me with their switching to basically asking people to give their reasons for who he should vote. And Len is just giving me bad vibes. Not a fan of their reasonings so far. I had a more specific reason from C1 but I can’t remember it because it’s been a crazy 4 hours for me. Mostly insane IRL stuff on top of this game.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

@Kasimir I think you should vote Len. xino seems village to me with their switching to basically asking people to give their reasons for who he should vote. And Len is just giving me bad vibes. Not a fan of their reasonings so far. I had a more specific reason from C1 but I can’t remember it because it’s been a crazy 4 hours for me. Mostly insane IRL stuff on top of this game.

My problem is that Len and xino both balance out for me in terms of C1 voting, and I have weak reason to V-read Len placed against that, hence the null placing. I'm not keen to take a stronger stand until I can at least inspect the C3 votes due to the kayana EoC. 

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

My problem is that Len and xino both balance out for me in terms of C1 voting, and I have weak reason to V-read Len placed against that, hence the null placing. I'm not keen to take a stronger stand until I can at least inspect the C3 votes due to the kayana EoC. 

Why do you v read Len?

4 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Why do you v read Len?

I've stated as much in my readslist: I do think Len's C1 proposal is slightly more likely to come from a Village mindset. I am firm in my belief that CC tends to hurt the Village more than it helps and only works under a specific set of conditions. Offering a proposal that helps the Village more than the Elims by averting a CC seems to me to come from a Village mindset.

could be persuaded that it's performative, but I just...I don't know man. I guess E!Len could say that too, but I just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's another Experience thing for me tbh.

Edited to add: @Flamingo, why the late switch to xino?

Edited by Kasimir

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

I must ask: what is CC?

It's the Contribution Crusade, which advocates voting on players who are inactive in order to encourage activity. I proposed that the elims kill the inactive players instead, so we don't have to waste our votes.

Edit: I got double ninja'd XD

Edited by Elenion

My reason to v read xino is low because it's literally just his one reads list. I do think that his playstyle is fun, and I think it's the kind of thing that you decide pre-GM PM but idk. What I like the least about the v read here is how minuscule it is and I'd be fine overturning it just for that :P.

Len still feels evil to me but I never love consensus exes like this unless it's off of a scan or a truckload of reasoning. I guess it's not really a consensus exe though, it's 3-3 xD

I would flip a coin but I feel like they're not e/e :P.

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

I've stated as much in my readslist: I do think Len's C1 proposal is slightly more likely to come from a Village mindset. I am firm in my belief that CC tends to hurt the Village more than it helps and only works under a specific set of conditions. Offering a proposal that helps the Village more than the Elims by averting a CC seems to me to come from a Village mindset.

could be persuaded that it's performative, but I just...I don't know man. I guess E!Len could say that too, but I just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's another Experience thing for me tbh.

I think Len is good at thinking in a V or E mindset. The fact that Len go so many votes does help the case of V, but Len is good at strategy and could tell other E to vote to make things appear this way. On the other hand, Xino is auctioning off their vote which can be a good E or V strategy. In my opinion it is actually a very good E strategy so blame is avoided and you can get the person you actually want out with the other E

7 minutes ago, Flamingo said:

I think Len is good at thinking in a V or E mindset. The fact that Len go so many votes does help the case of V, but Len is good at strategy and could tell other E to vote to make things appear this way. On the other hand, Xino is auctioning off their vote which can be a good E or V strategy. In my opinion it is actually a very good E strategy so blame is avoided and you can get the person you actually want out with the other E

I think my question for E!xino is: what happens if someone gives you a reason to vote on an Elim? Wouldn't you be obligated to vote on them? I guess you could synchronise with your teammates to have them prompt you, and xino did refuse an offer from Len, so he has some wriggle-room but that does feel a bit risky. Depends on his team's risk appetite, I think, in an E!xino world.

Ah, gods above, am I talking myself into going for Len instead? :|

Edited to add: Soddit I'm running out of time. xino Len

This is where I'm at, I guess :|

Hier stehe ich. Ich kann nicht anders. RNG-Gott hilf mir.

@Elbereth Changed my vote.

Edited by Kasimir

I was going to vote on the train that was leading between xino/Len since I don't particularly care between them, and I don't want to deal with more bidding shenanigans, but upon looking at the VC I'm apparently the only player who hasn't voted. That's a first xD And it's tied, so it looks like I'm getting out that coin after all

*Flips*

xino

That's not necessarily final btw

Edit:

Wait

Len

Consolidation, people :|

@Elbereth

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Aftermath: A Story of Death

Elenion was killed by the exe and was a Villager!
Araris was killed by the eliminators and was a Villager!

Vote Count
Elenion (7): Mat, Xino, Araris, Kas, Striker,
Xino (5): Elenion, Flamingo,
Araris (2):
Striker (2):

The Eliminators have won! They were Kas, Mat, and Striker!

Player List

1. @Ashbringer Villager
  2. @Matrim's Dice Eliminator
  3. @xinoehp512 Villager
  4. @Araris Valerian Villager
  5. @Kasimir Eliminator
  6. @_Stick_ Villager
  7. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood Villager
  8. @StrikerEZ Eliminator
  9. @Elenion Villager
  10. @Flamingo Villager
  11. @Amanuensis Villager
  12. @Experience Villager

Doc links

GM thoughts are partly at the bottom of the spec doc, and more will come later once I’ve actually fully read my own game. :P Many, many thanks to @Devotary of Spontaneity, without whom I couldn't have run the game (or rollovers would've taken at least twice as long).

But I do have a few questions for y'all:

• How did the balance between your own votes and the added bid votes feel? The Experience / Ash deaths weren't really under the thread's control at all, and I know that can feel not great.
  • Were there any items you particularly did or didn't like? (Item types, that is, not flavor :P) Did the number of items seem reasonable?
  • Are there any ways you'd change the rules in a rerun, or in a longer-form version like a QF?
  • How did 1 hour cycles feel, for a Break Tank? Do you have any general thoughts on the format?
  • How was having a public vote counter? Would it still be helpful for longer-form games where the GM wouldn't update so frequently? What if it were publicly editable?

Answer any or none at your leisure, but any and all feedback would be great!

Edited by Elbereth

Just wanna say that I am very glad I got to be an elim with Kas for his first elim game in who knows how long. :D

Also I felt like the bidding thing was pretty fun. I was a little sad that no kill items showed up so I could do the highest possible bid on it. :P