Hunger Games Simulator RP

2EmLee2

Just now, Robin Hatter said:

That would be nice, thank you!

As you may have noticed, the premise is putting people together and have them fight to the death, because there's plot about it in the books that doesn't really matter here. It's also not just about killing people, but also about surviving in general.

In the books, it's set in a post-apocalyptic America that's split into twelve sections called Districts. In each of the Twelve Districts, one male and one female are chosen by random to fight in the Hunger Games; the names of the people in the Games are called Tributes. Let it be noted: Just because you and one other person may be a part of the same District, this does not mean that you are allies. After a week of preparation, the Tributes are all put into an arena near a place called the Cornucopia, which basically has all the weapons and supplies that a Tribute will need. The first few minutes of the Games when everyone is let out is called the Bloodbath, because... well, I think the name speaks for itself (basically a lot of fighting goes down and also maybe probably death). And thus, the Hunger Games begin.

Obviously, not everyone will have a chance to go to the Cornucopia to get supplies to help them survive; this is where sponsors come in. While the Hunger Games are going on, there are people watching them (obviously), and the people that have helped the Tributes out during the week of preparation––or the mentors––are working to have some of the people watching sponsor the Tribute(s). If people do sponsor them, they are sent little gifts to help them out (weapons, survival supplies, food, etc.). So, that's what it means when the simulator says that so-and-so received a gift from a sponsor.

As I've said before, it's basically putting people together and surviving. How you win the Games is to be the last person standing, even if you had to kill them.

I think that's it, unless anyone wants to pipe in and correct or add on some stuff, 'cause this is all I remember about how the Hunger Games work.

16 hours ago, Robin Hatter said:

Thanks, this was very helpful!

16 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:
Spoiler

As you may have noticed, the premise is putting people together and have them fight to the death, because there's plot about it in the books that doesn't really matter here. It's also not just about killing people, but also about surviving in general.

In the books, it's set in a post-apocalyptic America that's split into twelve sections called Districts. In each of the Twelve Districts, one male and one female are chosen by random to fight in the Hunger Games; the names of the people in the Games are called Tributes. Let it be noted: Just because you and one other person may be a part of the same District, this does not mean that you are allies. After a week of preparation, the Tributes are all put into an arena near a place called the Cornucopia, which basically has all the weapons and supplies that a Tribute will need. The first few minutes of the Games when everyone is let out is called the Bloodbath, because... well, I think the name speaks for itself (basically a lot of fighting goes down and also maybe probably death). And thus, the Hunger Games begin.

Obviously, not everyone will have a chance to go to the Cornucopia to get supplies to help them survive; this is where sponsors come in. While the Hunger Games are going on, there are people watching them (obviously), and the people that have helped the Tributes out during the week of preparation––or the mentors––are working to have some of the people watching sponsor the Tribute(s). If people do sponsor them, they are sent little gifts to help them out (weapons, survival supplies, food, etc.). So, that's what it means when the simulator says that so-and-so received a gift from a sponsor.

As I've said before, it's basically putting people together and surviving. How you win the Games is to be the last person standing, even if you had to kill them.

I think that's it, unless anyone wants to pipe in and correct or add on some stuff, 'cause this is all I remember about how the Hunger Games work.

I believe that other things that can happen in the simulator include:

Floods,

Mutations,

Hurricanes,

Volcanoes,

And "hitting the edge".

It's mildly important to know that the area is an artificial dome filled with cameras and overseen by technicians, who can initiate "natural" disasters such as hurricanes, floods, etc. These are more rare ones to find in the simulator. Also, mutations are a scenario I've seen before. What they are, basically, are feral bioengineered animals that attack the tributes. I'm sure there's more stuff like that that I haven't seen in the simulation, but that's all I've got for now.

Edited by Sequence

13 hours ago, AonEne said:

Are there any spots left? 

8 hours ago, Sequence said:

District 1 and 5 female, and district 11 and 12 male are all free.

It's District 11 and 12 female, and 1 and 5 male.

Edit: aw crap sorry I messed up, Sequence is right.

Edited by Robin Hatter