Hunger Games Simulator RP

2EmLee2

I'm s'posed to be awakened by nightmares but don't know how that feels - the last time that happened was more than half my life ago when I was a Small Child, and mostly I remember what I did afterwards and the nightmare, not the waking up and the feelings.

THE FEAST:

The cornucopia is replenished with food, supplies, weapons, and memoirs from the tributes' families.

Tani and Mat get into a fight over raw meat, but Tani gives up and runs away.

Sequence decides not to go to The Feast.

Eluviani takes a staff leaning against the cornucopia.

Star decides not to go to The Feast.

Napollo steals EmLee's memoirs.

There was a feast announced. Tani perked up and crawled out of her hole, one thing on her mind: Food.

Edited by Tani

Mat was still bothered by what had happened with Napollo. The actual fighting hadn’t been as bad as he’d been expecting, but when the time came to deliver the final blow, well… he’d hesitated.

Napollo hadn’t. That was the Hunger Games.

What am I doing here?

Stay low. Wait and survive. Get out. His plan had worked thus far, and now only six others stood in between him and victory.

If it came down to him and one other, would he hesitate again? He hoped so. But he also hoped he’d choose to do it anyway. The anticipation of that made him sick to his stomach, either way.

Changing his thoughts, Mat recalled that the Feast was today. Perhaps it was foolhardy to go when he’s just reaffirmed his plan, but berries were getting old.

Sighing, Mat changed course and headed for the Cornucopia. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Tani said:

Tani reached her goal and started lugging it toward the rock field. Six yards and lots of minutes later, she wondered if she should have gone for something easier to maneuver.

@Matrim's Dice

Yes, thank you! I’d forgotten about this.

She doesn’t look dangerous, Mat thought as he eyed the girl dragging the meat across the ground, still decently close to the Cornucopia. Either that, or that chunk of meat is heavier than it looks.

The thought of the meat made Mat’s mouth start watering. Maybe it was foolish to be thinking about his meal plan in such a way when he was lucky to be alive, but he was tired of berries and fish. He could really do with a nice chunk of… whatever that was.

For a moment, Mat considered walking out and offering to split it, but then he remembered the fight that had just occurred. He needed to stop doing that, to stop putting himself out there in the open just for the sake of it.

And as much as he hated it, he needed to figure out a way to get his ruthless streak in gear if he was going to win.

Not really thinking, Mat leapt out of the bush he’d been hiding in. “Hand it over!”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

He inched closer. “I don’t think so. I’m tired.”

And I’m sorry. And hungry.

He didn’t have a weapon, but hoped that he looked imposing enough.

Tani drew her knife.

On 8/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, solarcat93 said:

Name: Solar

District: 7

I can put you in for the next game, but we're about halfway through this game. Sorry it's not moving very fast. You might be able to sub for one of the current players tho...

@solarcat93

Edited by Tani

41 minutes ago, Tani said:

Tani drew her knife.

I'm supposed to win this fight, though xD

Mat gulped.

He almost ran away right then and there, and probably should have, but he needed the food. There were only so many berries in the woods, and honestly he was surprised at how successful he'd been at fishing the creek he'd found. His luck could only go on for so long.

Figuring his opponent wouldn't be expecting it at all, he lunged for the meat, swatting her arm away and praying he wouldn't be stabbed.

1 hour ago, Tani said:

Totally didn’t forget about this

Obviously, the girl stabbed down at him. It had been wishful thinking to hope for otherwise, but that hadn’t stopped him from hoping anyway.

On instinct, Mat raised a hand and his wrist connected with hers as she swung. He was lower than she was, having leapt downward on his first attempt, but the small disconnected part of his brain just barely had time to note the move’s recklessness. He should have run.

To his surprise, the knife fell out of her grip upon impact, and Mat snatched it up before the girl could react. Just like that, the fight was over.

He blinked. How’d I manage that?

“I’m not going to hurt you,” he said, edging towards the meat. “I’m just hungry.”

He grabbed it and ran.

Uh, don't mind me speedrunning through the last few things I was supposed to do.

Eluviani walked through the forest. The ground was uneven and hard to walk on but he wouldn't have noticed if he tried. He was going to the Cornucopia, he hoped. A Feast. Supposedly something he needed was waiting for him there.

What did he need? Heck, what didn't he need? Food and water? Well, he couldn't complain, he had managed to salvage some supplies from that District 4 guy. He didn't remember his name.

Curiously enough, that was what he felt the most guilty about. He hadn't killed him but... No. He had killed him. Enter may have swung the sword, but his blood was on Eluviani's hands.

Why? Why had he done that? He had promised to only attack in self-defense. What kind of sick game was he playing at? Forcing another to take a life for him. He wondered who had it worse. The District 4 guy, who had died, or Enter, who had been forced to kill him.

At least he had lost the sword during the whole ordeal. That had been a small relief, at first, but the sponsors. They had been all to quick in replacing his weapon. He felt the axe in his hand, and it seemed too heavy. A wood handle, a metal blade, a life he had taken, and a life he had ruined. Too heavy.

He wanted to say he didn't care. He surely was as good as dead for his family, after that... incident. Might as well die for real. But he was scared. Without any right to be, he was still scared to die.

Eluviani looked up and saw that he had arrived. There it was, the place where it had all begun, not three days ago. It was quiet. Dangerously quiet. He tried to see what it was that he was supposed to take. It was a sorry sight honestly. Just a bunch of basic supplies, and some memoirs from fallen tributes. The higher ups were going to help, but not too much. Wouldn't want to ruin the show.

Then he saw it. A staff, leaning against the Cornucopia itself. Long, and heavy. And blunt. A weapon that wasn't meant to draw blood.

Of course it couldn't be for him, could it? The organizers knew he had a weapon already, a more lethal one, and surely making the coming battles less bloody wasn't exactly in their best interest.

And yet, it called to him. Eluviani found himself running towards it after waiting for a chance. He managed to get to it uninterrupted. There had been a skirmish by the center as he waited but still, he thought it would be more, eventful. Maybe the rest were as scared to come out as he was.

He dropped the axe, a trade of sorts, and took the staff. He didn't care if the next person started their own bloodbath with it. Right now, he just wanted a chance to stop his. He ran with his new weapon in hand, and a sad hope to not make more mistakes. Even if the ones he had already made were unforgivable.

• 4 weeks later...