Hunger Games Simulator RP

2EmLee2

Nameless ran through the the night, away from Queen’s body. “I forgot how loud those things are. Everyone within a few miles can’t have helped but hear that.” Still, he couldn’t help but smile at a job well done. Maybe he had a shot at winning this after all.

8 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

Another cannon sounded.

Crap, Syn thought, looking up for a second, then back to picking up wood. People really are dropping like flies.

It should be her, though…

She rose, shaking more violently. Should be enough to build a small fire for herself and not cause that much attention… even though she should be looking for food, not something to keep her warm… but her body said otherwise, even if it was also shaking from hunger. Can’t cook the food unless you had some sort of fire; that much she knew. She may be dumb, but she’s not that stupid.

Syn hobbled over to a nearby clearing, staying towards the edge just in case. The wood fell out of her hands, clattering on the ground. Her mind swam. Her hearing grew fuzzy. She gasped for air. Her knees kept threatening on giving out on her. Everything becoming harder…

She slapped herself, shaking her head. C’mon, she told herself, beginning to search the area for any stray stones.

Syn crouched, a chilly breeze passing through her outfit. She pushed away the brush, humming to keep herself awake.

“So, I just sit in my room after hours with the moon,” she sang softly, placing a stone to the left. “And think of who knows my name… Would you cry if I died? Would you remember… my name?”

‘If?’ Syn asked herself, setting a few more stones next to the first one. More like when. Nobody will remember you. Nobody cares enough to remember you.

Of course, she was––

Snap!

Syn looked up into the forest, squinting. Was there someone…?

Sequence crept through the grass, doing her best to be quiet. She had left her tree cave a while ago with her sword, and was following the... district nine... girl...? Yeah pretty sure. She seemed to have some things that could be useful, and Sequence didn't have much left. Just a few mushy berries and that sword. Was she really going to kill this girl? The hunger games called for drastic measures. She prepared to attack, when something snapped beneath her. Oh [REDACTED]! The district nine girl's head spun towards her hiding spot. Now or never! Sequence jumped forward with her sword pointed at the girl's chest. Her eyes went wide and she stumbled backwards, but she wasn't fast enough, apparently. The sword ended up going straight through her throat with a small splatter of blood. Sequence winced and quickly pulled the sword away. The girl was writhing on the ground, clutching her neck. Sequence knelt next to her, frowning. A cannon shot shook the arena. "I'm sorry." Sequence whispered. It turned out that she didn't have much, but that was... fine. She grabbed the meager amount of supplies that the district nine girl had, and ran off towards her tree cave.

35 minutes ago, Sequence said:

The girl was writhing on the ground, clutching her neck.

I’ve come off my break for a second to tell you that I can write my own death scene and don’t need someone to take over my character without having the decency of asking beforehand, thank you very much.

Something ran through her chest.

Syn gasped, something warm and sticky beginning to soak her outfit. She wanted to scream, say literally anything, but she also knew that it was worthless, even if there was someone out there that wanted to help her.

The thing slid up to her throat.

She hacked, coughing up crimson. Her vision faded. A weight pressed on her lungs. Her knees finally gave way, letting her fall with a wet thump.

As she laid there, her mind flashed images of her life in front of her. When she would stay in the barn, tending to the animals. Watching the sheep graze as she sat with her knees close to her chest. Going into and coming back from town with no one, except maybe a stray cat or dog. The Reaping in general. A younger her waiting by the door, anxious for her parents to come back… 

Now her lying in the forest, drowning in her own blood.

A single tear escaped the corner of her eye.

I am destined to be alone. Nothing, but… death.

Yet, she didn’t feel agony. She couldn’t feel that sorrow. None of those emotions were going off. It was better if…

Syn gasped and coughed again, her final words hanging on her last breath.

“Thank you.”

A cannon joined the chorus, singing the song that went unsung.

16 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

I’ve come off my break for a second to tell you that I can write my own death scene and don’t need someone to take over my character without having the decency of asking beforehand, thank you very much.

Alright, sorry. It just sounded like you'd be gone for a while :wacko:

One cannon shot--two.

Fadran screamed as he tore through the foliage.

Smoke coiled through the air, blasted aside by his supplies being hurled away. The leaves and dirt scraped up into a trough as Fadran skidded on his knees, unheeding at all of the jagged rocks and old roots. He tumbled, crashed, but dragged himself forwards to pull Queen into his arms.

"D-dar...ling. Darling... Queen, hey--"

Her lips were stained red. Gods... all of her was stained red.

"You're okay. You're okay. You're okay." Fadran couldn't find a pulse. It was because his hands were shaking, right? Just... because...

Was it raining? Drops were falling onto her face. They rolled down and across her cheek. She'd always loved the rain...

"I love you." Fadran coughed. He gasped. Suddenly every breath ejected from his lungs like water from a broken glass; each one going in felt like dragging the world behind him. "I love you. Queen, I LOVE YOU."

Not a single puff of warm air curled from her lips.

"Y-you... love me... t-too."

Fadran pressed a hand to her cheek and brushed aside a sprig of hair.

"Right?"

Bleepy blepy, have a little sketchy of Hunger Games Syn cos I’m not done with it and I don’t deem it ready to go on my official art thread so y’all get a free sneak peek. Anyways, ima hide in my hole and be happy about not being overwhelmed by the Shard :>

1076DA6F-6E73-4DE1-AEE9-8ACC3067AA2D.thumb.jpeg.a38c381e891dd6f210e67d945657607f.jpeg

What kind of world was he living in that took his whole world away?

"Queen..." There wasn't any voice left in his throat. "Today... I love you... because..."

What was time and eternity without the one who loved him time and again?

"...You're here for me."

It was supposed to be him. It was supposed to be him.

"How... 'bout... you?"

The drone was beeping incessantly. Fadran threw himself over her body, arms shaking as he clutched her close. The rain--salty droplets--spilled all over her face. He tried to kiss her... she didn't kiss him back.

"You--CAN'T!" Maybe the whole world was watching. Sure as hell it was. They were watching him try to keep her away. "YOU CAN'T TAKE HER!"

Tribute Fadran, District Three: please remove yourself.

"SHE'S--"

Please remove yourself, or we will have to use force.

"She's... my..."

It was never him that was up bearing the crown. It had never been him.

"She's... she's my Queen."

Fadran coughed, throat dry and cracked from the screaming. It kept coming, the coughs: like ocean waves crashing over rocks. It pulled at his lungs, stomach; his soul. He stumbled away, panicking, desperate--then fell over his shoulder and threw up into the grass and leaves.

The drone descended to retrieve Queen's body.

"D-don--" More heaving. He coughed up phlegm. There wasn't anything left in him to give.

It began ascending, bringing her limp form upwards; like the angel she always was.

Fadran grabbed her hand. He couldn't breathe--he couldn't care.

His last words to her came out as a rasp. They were whispered, coughed, and broken. Wracked with sobs, devoid of breath, burning like the fires of whatever hell he'd destined himself to by volunteering to these gods-forsaken games.

"Wa-ai-t... for me...

"I'm... c... oming..."

On 5/14/2022 at 5:37 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Fadran receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor.

The parachute that came from the sky had no name on it. There wasn't any indication of who'd sent it.

He'd never know about the blue top hat that went around for spare change at District Three's home square, or the begging of the Peacemakers to wire it to the capital for just one cup of it.

They couldn't afford a message to send with. All that he received was a silver parachute and a tiny thermos of something warm.

Fadran's hands weren't holding still. They never would again, it seemed. Stained with red, streaked by tears, covered in soil--he unscrewed the lid.

Just a few bites--tonight's dinner, perhaps--of some zuppa toscana.

3 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

I love that you’re using my design. B)

Yes, ma’am. I really liked it, and since you were the first one to send in a drawing about anything related to this, I considered it canon lol.

Spoiler

Oh, and here’s the finished product >.>

Before the drones came to pick up Ex's body, Star cut into the boy's wrists, spreading the fountain of blood on her body. It was an odd thing to do, even for her, but hopefully if someone found her, they'd think she was one of the fallen. That and the blood was warm. The warmth wouldn't last, but it was better than nothing. She laid down at the foot of a tree, hoping her posture was that of the dead. 

18 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Before the drones came to pick up Ex's body, Star cut into the boy's wrists, spreading the fountain of blood on her body. It was an odd thing to do, even for her, but hopefully if someone found her, they'd think she was one of the fallen. That and the blood was warm. The warmth wouldn't last, but it was better than nothing. She laid down at the foot of a tree, hoping her posture was that of the dead. 

gasp, so mischievous

Edited by Sequence

Tani's eyes had started hurting a while ago. She had woken up with a headache this morning, and now her mouth and throat were entirely dry. How long had it been since she had had water? How long had it been since she'd seen water? Maybe thirst would be an alright way to die. Did she want to do that though? Did letting herself die a preventable death count as killing? Maybe.

She wriggled out of her nice cave and stood, then swayed for a moment. Yeah, she definitely needed water. She started walking.

It had been hours and she had found nothing. She was in the forest, listening, watching, using every trick she knew to avoid running into people. She had caught signs and glimpses of the others. A boy, kneeling, mourning. A girl, sleeping, soaked in blood. A snatch of a song, echoed by a mockingjay. She changed direction to avoid it all, trying not to lose track of the rocks.

Hours more passed. Her legs got tired, she got sleepy, the light was bad, she started missing things and seeing others. This was bad. This was very bad. Which way to the rocks? She couldn't get back tonight, and it was a bad idea to be sleepy during the Hunger Games. She curled up in the brush, hoping she wouldn't be found.

Nope, she was doomed. Someone was right behind her. There wasn't really any reason to not turn, so she turned. A glint of silver caused momentary panic until she realized - it was just a sponsor canister, not anything deadly. She detached the parachute and buried it in the loam, then curled up around the canister to hide the shine of metal. She'd open it in the morning.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Here's the next day. (I think people are mostly done?)

Day 3:
Eluviani forces Enter to kill Nameless or EmLee. He decides to kill Nameless.
Tani sees smoke rising in the distance, but decides not to investigate.
Dannex dies from thirst.
Xino bleeds out due to untreated injuries.
Mat tries to spear fish with a trident.
Vapor bleeds out due to untreated injuries.
Sequence searches for firewood.
Napollo receives medical supplies from an unknown sponsor.
Star makes a slingshot.
Fadran falls into a pit and dies.

Edited by Tani