Hunger Games Simulator RP

2EmLee2

On 5/5/2022 at 7:09 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Anyway, i'll add in peeps who give me a description of themselves :)

Short(er than Fadran by about a head). Hair as short as the people in charge of her appearance would cut it. Right on the line between a darkeyes and a lighteyes.

Tani found a nice cave, small and dry, deposited her basket, and hid the entrance. Her main cave should be far from here - maybe near the tree line. Or near the cornucopia? If she was near the cornucopia, she could take a bunch of supplies while none of the others were looking. I like this idea. She started for the cornucopia.

Reaching the bloodbath field, Tani examined the area carefully. One body lying in the field. Not dead. Probably wounded - there wasn’t much to gain by playing possum. Immobile, so possibly dying. Would watching as she died count as killing her? Either way it was too close to that line for comfort. She entered the clearing, hunting through the stuff scattered around the cornucopia for medical supplies, picking up everything she found. What are you doing?? yelled her inner Mentor. She ignored him, hurrying over to the district seven girl.

@Zephrun's Imperium

Would you yell at me if I tried to heal Star?

2 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Star noticed one of the players approaching her, and tensed up. "Go ahead and kill me," she said. "I was planning on dehydration or infection taking me, but I suppose this is more noble."

Tani crouched near the District 7 girl, just out of arm's reach, dropping all the stuff she'd collected from the field. She started sorting through the pile. She found some antibiotic ointment, then paused. "How deep is your wound?"

Edited by Tani

"You're also a person with a family watching, and I don't want to kill anybody, even by standing to the side and watching when I could help. Since you've brought up the point about us being competitors, please will you not kill me while I'm trying to help you, and maybe give me a five second head start after I finish?" Tani set the antibiotics to the side and found some bandages. She set those to the side too - they might not be enough. "I was a mason, so I don't know much about herbs and healing, but I have watched this a couple times after my brother was hurt." She found more bandages. Maybe thread too? The woman had said it was deep. Tani made a snap decision and threaded a needle she had seen earlier, putting it back in its package to keep it mostly clean before setting it aside.

Now I have an excuse for any mistakes I make.

Edited by Tani

Star turned on her side, (the movement causing her to cry out softly) exposing the wound. Luckily no dirt had gotten onto it since she’d been laying on the cornucopia’s bottom, but shed left the ground a gory mess. “I ought to thank you for saving my life so that I can take Xino‘s…”

6 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Star turned on her side, (the movement causing her to cry out softly) exposing the wound. Luckily no dirt had gotten onto it since she’d been laying on the cornucopia’s bottom, but shed left the ground a gory mess. “I ought to thank you for saving my life so that I can take Xino‘s…”

Tani looked at the wound and accompanying mess for a few seconds, then tended to it the best way she knew. The result was a stitched shut back wound slathered liberally with antiseptic, bandages wrapped around the woman's entire torso, and the cut in the Arena uniform mended. Kind of. Tani stood, then offered her hand to the District 7 woman. "There are probably things that will help with the healing in the pile. You should try to replace the bandage every so often, I think every day but I don't remember how often exactly? and try to do more hiding than running for as long as you can."

Edited by Tani

On 5/7/2022 at 11:53 PM, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Star nodded. “Thank you,” she said hesitantly, her back stinging from the stitches. She sat up gingerly. “Do you happen to know which way my district partner went? Tall, dark hair, square face, glasses.”

"No clue. I kinda wasn't watching anything happening when I left the bloodbath."

She backed off a bit, then started to make her way out of the clearing, picking up food and a knife on the way. She headed for the forest, not wanting to make it too easy for the woman to find and kill her.

On her way through the forest to the rubble field, she saw the District 5 man, noticed his broken nose, and felt a pang of guilt. She hid and watched as he passed. Once he left her hearing range, she continued on her way.

Cannon shots: Two

Red Shirt 1 (Dannex?) District 1 Female

I don't exactly know what's going on there so @Dannnex do what you want with that

Red Shirt 2 District 5 Female

Night 1:

Tani lets Void into her campsite.

Facepalm, Robin, and Morningtide get into a fight. Morningtide triumphantly kills them both.

EmLee thinks about winning.

Syn cries herself to sleep.

Fadran receives a hatchet from an unknown sponsor.

Napollo starts a fire.

Mat and Sequence run into each other and decide to truce for the night.

Nameless cooks his food before putting his fire out.

Xino receives medical supplies from an unknown sponsor.

Eluviani thinks about winning.

Queen is unable to start a fire and is extremely uncomfortable.

Dannex receives fresh food from an unknown sponsor.

Star convinces TalnFan to not kill her, only to kill him instead.

Thaidakar is unable to convince Vapor to not kill him.

Enter is awoken by nightmares.

Experience falls asleep in a tree.

Edited by Tani

A parachute descended from the sky. Fadran frowned, glancing around him. It was coming down at his location: if there was anyone nearby, they'd be more than able to find him. Maybe they wouldn't turn aggressive, but there would likely be at least a scuffle over... whatever it was in that chute.

Fadran hopped down from the tree, leaving his gear up in the branches just in case. He found the chute, glanced one more time over his shoulder, then slowly unscrewed the container.

There wasn't a note, a name, or anything... just a single hatchet.

For firewood? He glanced at the tool uncertainly, taking it with him back up the tree. Or... for a weapon?

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Sequence crept through the underbrush, being as silent as she was capable of. She had the sword the took from the cornucopia strapped to her back with a sort of makeshift vine contraption, and the berries she took from that tree wrapped in a rather large leaf. A branch snapped. Sequence crouched lower, pulling her sword off her back. She slowly stood up a bit, peering over the bush in front of her. There was a tall boy standing a few feet away. That District ten guy. Sequence thought. She thought that she was well hidden, but Sequence was never very good at hiding.

Totally just had a dream that we were doing the HG simulator in someone's huge house in the middle of nowhere. Every hour we could meet to discuss what the sim says happens next. Also, I could fly and Gandalf was there, but that's unimportant.

Also, I am so freaking excited to kill someone hehehe, Taln, I'm coming for youuuuuuu.

Star angrily snatched the bloody hatchet that Xino had left on the ground after trying to kill her. It would be fitting, wouldn't it, to kill him with the same blade with which he had tried to vanquish her. She knew in the back of her mind that her plan was insane. Xino was still her best friend. He had only tried to kill her because of the game. But the game was very real, she knew that now. There were no misguided fantasies about somehow winning the game; she was wounded, and she hadn't joined to win anyway. She wanted to die. It just made it all the easier that someone else would be so inclined to do the deed instead of having to do it herself. 

She chose a random direction and started walking. Each step hurt like Mal, but it only made her more angry. And angry Star was not something anyone wanted to deal with. Her blue eyes were fire, her steps were stealthy, and her intent was deadly. 

When she heard a rustle in the leaves, she crouched, readying her weapon. 

@#1 Taln Fan

2 hours ago, Tani said:

After his narrow escape with the backpack, Mat finally was able to find a tree.

It was a nice tree, tall and sturdy. Climbable. Soon, Mat was up in its branches, looking across the arena. He could see more than he thought he'd be able to, actually; the leaves weren't very thick.

That made him nervous. What if someone else in a tree looked across and saw him? If they crept to the base of his tree, there wasn't anything Mat could do. He wouldn't survive that, even if he did have the high ground.

Reluctantly, Mat lessened the worth he had given to the tree strategy. Theoretically it was good, but in practice not so much. On the ground, he was more hidden and could escape easier. Both of those things became doubly important now that the sun was going down. Mat looked up at the sky, appropriately bleeding a red sunset. Was the sky even real, or was it a hologram put on by the Capitol to mimic Day/Night cycles? Mat hoped it was the real sky. That way he could look up and know that his family was looking at the same sky.

He sighed. Best not to dwell on them, for now.

Mat moved quietly, looking for somewhere to camp for the night. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, but he figured he'd know when he saw it.

5 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Sequence crept through the underbrush, being as silent as she was capable of. She had the sword the took from the cornucopia strapped to her back with a sort of makeshift vine contraption, and the berries she took from that tree wrapped in a rather large leaf. A branch snapped. Sequence crouched lower, pulling her sword off her back. She slowly stood up a bit, peering over the bush in front of her. There was a tall boy standing a few feet away. That District ten guy. Sequence thought. She thought that she was well hidden, but Sequence was never very good at hiding.

Mat heard a branch snap, and spun in a circle. Was that me? Mat didn't know, and that frightened him. Probably just me.

A form off in the bushes shifted, and something gleamed in the dim light. Mat jumped, barely keeping his composure. There was a girl, right there, and she had a sword.

Thinking quickly, Mat spoke, trying to sound more relaxed than he felt. "I see you there," he started. Was that weird to say? Was it better to run? He thought he was pretty fast, but had no desire to test that theory. "How bout we truce for the night, and go our separate ways?"

It was a lame offer. Mat had no weapons, and had a nice backpack of supplies. If this girl was even a little bit bloodthirsty, Mat was done for. The good news was that he was decently sure she was from District 12, and that made him think this had a good chance of working.

The simulator really likes the Xino and Star storyline, apparently.

Nameless sat in the woods, relaxing somewhat while he rotated a skinned rabbit over his fire. "If anyone else comes by, I can probably get them to not kill me by offering them some food. Not that I've seen anybody yet." He smiled ruefully. "I've had plenty of time for internal reflection." Nameless took the rabbit off the fire, hesitated a moment, then sighed and put the fire out. "No use in making a beacon for whoever's out there. Not while I'm asleep at least."

3 hours ago, Tani said:

Xino receives medical supplies from an unknown sponsor.

*blinks* You know, the thought ran through my mind. Clearly the simulator is telepathic.

There's really only one thing he needs right now...

A capsule. Food? Perhaps an end?

Swallow-

The sunlight hit Xino like a waterfall. He gasped as the world swam back into view.

Where... where was he? He remembered the games starting, remembered running to the Cornucopia - but after that, everything was a blur. He remembered climbing a tree and then falling out of it, and... had he allied with the District 10 girl, Vapor? He seemed to be at her campsite, and he wasn't dead yet. Maybe she'd be better able to tell him what had happened.

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

After his narrow escape with the backpack, Mat finally was able to find a tree.

It was a nice tree, tall and sturdy. Climbable. Soon, Mat was up in its branches, looking across the arena. He could see more than he thought he'd be able to, actually; the leaves weren't very thick.

That made him nervous. What if someone else in a tree looked across and saw him? If they crept to the base of his tree, there wasn't anything Mat could do. He wouldn't survive that, even if he did have the high ground.

Reluctantly, Mat lessened the worth he had given to the tree strategy. Theoretically it was good, but in practice not so much. On the ground, he was more hidden and could escape easier. Both of those things became doubly important now that the sun was going down. Mat looked up at the sky, appropriately bleeding a red sunset. Was the sky even real, or was it a hologram put on by the Capitol to mimic Day/Night cycles? Mat hoped it was the real sky. That way he could look up and know that his family was looking at the same sky.

He sighed. Best not to dwell on them, for now.

Mat moved quietly, looking for somewhere to camp for the night. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, but he figured he'd know when he saw it.

Mat heard a branch snap, and spun in a circle. Was that me? Mat didn't know, and that frightened him. Probably just me.

A form off in the bushes shifted, and something gleamed in the dim light. Mat jumped, barely keeping his composure. There was a girl, right there, and she had a sword.

Thinking quickly, Mat spoke, trying to sound more relaxed than he felt. "I see you there," he started. Was that weird to say? Was it better to run? He thought he was pretty fast, but had no desire to test that theory. "How bout we truce for the night, and go our separate ways?"

It was a lame offer. Mat had no weapons, and had a nice backpack of supplies. If this girl was even a little bit bloodthirsty, Mat was done for. The good news was that he was decently sure she was from District 12, and that made him think this had a good chance of working.

He saw me? Crap. Sequence stood up quickly, her sword held out on front of her. She watched the District 10 boy carefully. I can take him. Sequence did not know how to use a sword. She considered her options. "Fine." Sequence lowered the sword slowly. She looked around. "Can you climb a tree? That's probably the best spot to stay in at night."

Queen shivered in the tree, wishing she had something to keep her warm. The sun was up, but it was still freezing. I guess I could try to start a fire. In the daylight, it'd be hard to track me from the smoke...

She clambered down from the tree, then gathered any dry branches she could find. Piling them up like she remembered, she tried hitting two rocks together for a spark. She'd seen tributes do this in the Games before, and it worked just fine for them. After five minutes, with no results, she gave up, laying on the ground and being cold. Dang, there hasn't even been any action for me. I'm just bored and cold and uncomfortable. She rolled onto her side. I really hope Fadran's alright... She knew he wasn't dead, but more than that, she hoped he wasn't a completely different person, changed by the Games.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

Syn cries herself to sleep.

I literally can’t believe how on-brand this is and how well it fits with the story I’m telling.

Syn trudged through the forest, hugging herself with apple in hand. Even going through that ordeal, she still didn’t eat that stupid apple. She had brought it up to her mouth to eat on more than one occasion, but it only up inches away from her lips before she’d lower it. Rinse and repeat throughout the whole day. Her mind and stomach told her to eat that stupid apple, but her body refused.

There’s something wrong with me, Syn thought, hugging herself tighter. Always has been something wrong with me.

She then squinted. Was it… was it becoming harder to see? Syn looked up, seeing the “sky” darkening as that beautiful lie of a sun fell behind the line of trees, the rays painting the “sky” all sorts of colors, but Syn looked back at the forest floor. She didn’t deserve to look at that beauty, even if it was a lie. Did she deserve to be here? Yeah. It was better that she died instead of any one of the other youth in the District. There wasn’t really any chance of her District winning anyways; the Careers deserved it better than her. They actually trained instead of watching over the animals in the barn.

What she would give to be back in her family’s barn, lying in the haystacks with the dogs and cats, perhaps the sheep too. They never judged her… well, not vocally. Not that they really could anyways. They accepted her for the person she was, loving her more than anyone had ever done so. They made her feel like she wasn’t alone, even when she was having those anxiety attacks and didn’t want to be around anyone or thing.

Her vision watered, becoming blurry. Syn quickly wiped away those forming tears. The cameras were watching; she may be stupid, but she wasn’t that dumb about those kinds of things. The Capital will eat that thing up… but she knew deep down that they didn’t care about that. They were watching the Careers. They were more important. She was not. She was never that important. Why would she think otherwise?

Syn finally looked up, seeing a large tree in front of her. That… that would be a good place to rest under. She walked over to it, sitting down at the trunk, letting out a relieved sigh. The apple glistened in her hand, beckoning to her. She studied it, sighing again as she forced herself to take a bite.

Juices flooded her mouth, the sweetness following not far behind. Her stomach sang praises as she swallowed, thanking her with every bite. It was right. Surviving this long was good, in terms of the Games. Syn could just hide and perhaps survive; if she died… well, there would be no one to care. No one would cry over her. She was just a piece in their game. A body. Bait for the Careers. Not a winner.

Her eating slowed as her mind brought her back to the interviews… reminding her…

. . .

“Miss Syn,” the interviewer said, catching her attention. “I asked you a question?”

She looked back at the man, her pulse refusing to slow down, even just for a second. “I’m sorry?”

The audience erupted with laughter, the man even cracking a smile. He placed a hand on her arm.

“Looks like someone has a little bit of stage fright,” he chuckled, the audience laughing along.

Her face grew warm. “I’m sorry,” she whispered.

The interviewer laughed again. “No need to apologize,” he said, patting her arm. “I only asked if you were to win the Games if there would be someone to come back to. A special guy or girl? I can’t tell from your expression at the Reaping.”

The audience oohed, inching closer.

“No. No, there’s not,” Syn whispered, feeling her arms begin to wrap around herself. “No one would want to go out with me anyways.”

The man scoffed. “C’mooon! With someone as stunning as you?” He looked at the audience, gesturing to her. “Am I right?”

The audience cheered, whooping and hollering. There were a few shouts of agreement, others yelling compliments.

“I’m sorry. I don’t see what you see,” she whispered, quieter this time.

Protests arose, but the interviewer made downward gestures with his hand, the audience quieting.

“That’s alright,” he said, gentler this time. “So, is there family for you to come home to, then?”

Syn shook her head, hugging herself tighter, staring at the ground.

“No one to come back to? Not even friends?”

“If you watched the Reaping,” Syn said, her throat beginning to close as her vision blurred, “you would’ve saw that no one knows who I am. No one has ever cared.”

For once, the interviewer said nothing, not even a whisper. The audience didn’t yell out compliments like before; they were, in fact, dead silent.

“No one… no one will…”

. . .

No one will ever care, she found herself thinking again, tears streaming down her cheeks. Syn tried wiping them away, but they just kept coming and coming. She tried shooing the thoughts away, but the tears kept coming.

She curled up against the trunk, shivering as she wept. Syn heard her cries fill that little part of the forest, knowing that no one would be listening in. Sleep crept in as she continued to cry, overtaking her into the same interview, reliving it again and again.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

Eluviani thinks about winning.

I wrote two posts worth of "I don't know how to fight or survive" and now I need to think about winning...? We'll say humans are weird.

Eluviani lay down, looking at that strange sky. He was fairly sure it was fake, but it was still pretty. His thoughts didn't let him sleep as easily as he wanted to, or as he needed. If another tribute found him tired, he was as good as dead.

Knowing it didn't make it any easier to clear his head though. He thought about his family. Right about now he could be sleeping easy on his bed. Tomorrow could have been a long day. With about six hours of school and four at the factory he didn't have a lot of free time, and to be honest he had hated that factory since the very first time he had set foot in it. But, it seemed preferable.

Sure, it wasn't an easy life, but it was always better than fearing for your life as you try to sleep. His brother could always help him if he had trouble at the factory, and his mother was teaching him how to make clothes, by hand. Sewing, embroidery. The best materials to make dyes and where to get good thread, good fabric. He was grateful for that. His job at the factory was grueling, and most people could attest to that. He thought he'd hate the very idea of making clothes on his own time after spending so much of it being forced to but, his mother's works were different. The factory's clothes were plain and soulless but his mother's, that was art. Real art. He had thought about maybe making a living on that. To keep learning, giving people something personal, made by hand, they didn't really benefit much from what the factories produced anyway. And it would be a way to make his mother's art reach more people. That was before he was selected as a tribute, of course. I wonder if they're watching me.

Maybe he still could? His fate wasn't set in stone. He could still get out, he didn't need to give up on that goal just yet, on seeing his family again. Of course, that meant killing. Even if he avoided it all the way to the end, at some point there would be at least another person left. What then? What if he couldn't move? What if the other tribute was more determined? What if it was Facepalm? He hadn't really know her before the games, but they had spent time together on the days before. Training, learning to survive, trying to ignore the very truth he was now thinking about. Silently hoping they wouldn't have to kill each other. Have to face the other's family back home.

He tried to ignore it again, as that worry wouldn't do him any good if he wanted to sleep. He closed his eyes as he heard the sound of the cannons. Hoping she was alright, hoping he wouldn't need to kill anyone, hoping that by some miracle they could all go home together tomorrow, hoping they suddenly announced that the games were cancelled forever. Maybe it would happen. As his thoughts got more incoherent, Eluviani fell asleep.

Did I just do a whole lot of research on District 3 cuz I knew nothing about it? Yep. I did. Apparently all the tributes from District 3 were described as having "ashen skin," so if anyone's doing art, you can draw Queen to fit that if you want. Also I remembered that the lower the number, typically, the higher the quality of life, but apparently District 3 is kind of an exception to that lol cuz they rebelled

Morningtide was beginning to regret her decision to run into the field. She had tried to turn around a while ago, but didn't seem to be getting any closer to the forest in the distance. And, despite what food she had managed to catch, she was starving and thirsty. Morningtide saw two figures appear over to her left. She continued walking, hoping that they weren't after her. She didn't want a fight, but she wouldn't run away again. Exp had surprised her - she was still embarrassed about her cowardice. As the two figures continued to get closer, Morningtide was able to identify them as Facepalm and Robin. Both were good, but she hoped she could beat them. Finally, Morningtide spun to face her (probably) attackers. 

"What do you want? I'm not afraid to fight you. "

"We don't want trouble. Hand over the rope and sword and we'll leave." Robin was trying to be non threatening, but it was obviously a threat. 

"I have a better idea. How about you leave now, or I kill you." Morningtide was panicking, but managed to keep her voice calm. Fighting multiple opponents wouldn't go well for her. Robin and Facepalm glanced at each other, then attacked as one. Morningtide drew her sword and met their attacks before charging in. The attackers clearly weren't prepared for the speed in which she turned and struck. In an instant, Facepalm was down, stabbed through the chest. Now it was only Robin. Morningtide pressed the attack, adrenaline coursing through her. Their swords clanged together repeatedly in almost deafening clangs. She couldn't let them steal her supplies! She wouldn't have any way to defend herself without them. Almost before she realized it, Morningtide gained the upper hand. After that, it was only a few harsh blows until Robin lay beside Facepalm, the ground around them staining red. Morningtide hesitated before taking the gear that the two had been wearing. Robin didn't have much, just the sword. Morningtide preferred her sword, so she left Robin's on the ground. Facepalm had some food - thank heavens - a hammer, and a tarp. She took all of these and bundled them together. 

Morningtide was half a mile back toward the forest when the thought of what she had done struck her. Fighting was one thing, but killing? Morningtide's legs gave out and she collapsed, trembling, to the ground. Don't cry. DON'T CRY. Morningtide commanded herself. She stumbled back toward her feet and continued walking. This was her first time killing, but it almost certainly wouldn't be her last. 

3 hours ago, Sequence said:

He saw me? Crap. Sequence stood up quickly, her sword held out on front of her. She watched the District 10 boy carefully. I can take him. Sequence did not know how to use a sword. She considered her options. "Fine." Sequence lowered the sword slowly. She looked around. "Can you climb a tree? That's probably the best spot to stay in at night."

As the sword lowered, Mat felt his tension slowly ease. It didn’t disappear, by any means, but he undeniably felt better. For a brief moment he considered going for the sword and finishing her off, but the thought was gone as soon as it had come. He couldn’t stoop to the Capitol’s level, that’s what they wanted him to do.

“I’ve—” Mat started. He was going to say I’ve climbed a tree, yeah, it wasn’t a very good idea, but at the last second he decided against revealing anything about himself or the trees to this girl. He wouldn’t attack her, but he thought it best to keep some advantage. “I’ve tried. I think I’ll try again.” He dashed off before she could reply.

Mat shook his head. I’ve got to stop running into people. For a little while, he walked, but soon the sky darkened enough so that any spot to rest looked as good as another.

Mat drifted off to the sound of cannons firing in the distance.

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

As the sword lowered, Mat felt his tension slowly ease. It didn’t disappear, by any means, but he undeniably felt better. For a brief moment he considered going for the sword and finishing her off, but the thought was gone as soon as it had come. He couldn’t stoop to the Capitol’s level, that’s what they wanted him to do.

“I’ve—” Mat started. He was going to say I’ve climbed a tree, yeah, it wasn’t a very good idea, but at the last second he decided against revealing anything about himself or the trees to this girl. He wouldn’t attack her, but he thought it best to keep some advantage. “I’ve tried. I think I’ll try again.” He dashed off before she could reply.

Mat shook his head. I’ve got to stop running into people. For a little while, he walked, but soon the sky darkened enough so that any spot to rest looked as good as another.

Mat drifted off to the sound of cannons firing in the distance.

Sequence blinked as he vanished from sight. Maybe it was a better idea to find him and take him out, as he now knew the vague area that she was hiding in. Plus, he'd fallen for the tree thing so she'd know where to look. Sequence shook her head. What was happening to her? She sighed and crouched back down in the bushes, looking around for something to hide under for the night.

12 hours ago, Tani said:

Facepalm, Robin, and Morningtide get into a fight. Morningtide triumphantly kills them both.

6 hours ago, Morningtide said:

After that, it was only a few harsh blows until Robin lay beside Facepalm, the ground around them staining red.

Sigh... I suppose this is the downside of my first RP being decided by the arbitrary whim of a machine. I like that I died with Facepalm, it makes me think that Robin found a friend. Maybe I'll write a death scene later.