Ideal Power Pairs

Halyo_Alex

On 2/19/2022 at 2:17 PM, Oversleep said:

Surge of Abrasion + Feruchemical steel is one of my favorites. You only need steel in very short bursts, so they can be very powerful, the rest of the way you use Abrasion.

That pairing is actually more useful than just going really fast.  You could probably use F-steel for the initial acceleration and actively store speed for the deceleration as well. If you used Abrasion well, you would be able to regain most if not almost all of your expended speed, since you wouldn't have loss of velocity or momentum from friction, which is where most of Feruchemical speed ends up getting used.

(I know that double posting is generally frowned on, but it feels odd to add it to a comment that has already been reacted to. Also, this is an entirely separate idea, so hopefully no one minds too much)

19 hours ago, Duxredux said:

actively store speed for the deceleration as well

Storing speed won't decelerate you.

When you store steel, your movements are slower. It strikes me as something very dangerous to do: you don't want to be sluggish and have your movements impaired while sliding at high speeds.

And even then, I doubt you'd get any significant amounts of speed stored.

On 27-4-2022 at 2:56 AM, Duxredux said:

I stand corrected, and the rationale and limitations of F-steel make sense as described by @Frustration.

How about F-Bendalloy and Lift's ability to metabolize food into Lifelight and Surgebind with it?

Could work, but more as additional storage so you don't need to rely on the body's fat reserves.

For the speed alterations while using Abrasion, F-Iron might be more along the lines of what you want, since shifting weight while airborne alters your speed, with lowering weight speeding you up and increasing it slowing you down. This should carry over to Abrasion sliding as well. It won't allow for permanent speed changes, but it could allow for temporary changes.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:56 PM, Duxredux said:

I stand corrected, and the rationale and limitations of F-steel make sense as described by @Frustration.

How about F-Bendalloy and Lift's ability to metabolize food into Lifelight and Surgebind with it?

I think F bendalloy with Lift's life light hack "old magic" would be brilliant when combined with any surge.  Even if you ended up being surgeless and only having access to being able to store life light perfectly in a metalmind is insanely powerful.  It heals you and perfects you elevating you to be your best self all the while allowing you to become the greatest professional eater out there. 

Faintly glowing with a green hue, eating an endless portion of hotdogs and knowing that it can all be used up as more "awesomeness" later.