Household Superpowers

Nani? Fadran started a Forum Game?

ALRIGHTY

Here's how it works:

You choose a household superpower... and then you write it down and post it. Maybe we can fight with them.

I know. So crazy. You'll catch on.

Here're my starters:

• The ability to perfectly fit a plug in on the first try
  • The power to open a box of goldfish cleanly
  • To always have a shirt fit on the darn hanger

1 hour ago, Robin Hatter said:

The ability to tell the kids to stop fighting and have it work

The ability to get rid of household pests, which may or may not be the aforementioned kids :ph34r:

YES. I'm the oldest of 5.

Also, the ability to never run out of hangers

Edited by Ookla the Theoretical

Making all the clothes fit in their drawer without bits sticking up, with the drawer being able to close easily, and without having to spend a long time folding first.

Making all the stuff you want to put in a drawer fit in it's drawer without bits sticking out and with the drawer still being able to close easily.

Alternate: Being able to fold clothes instantaneously.

The household power I would choose is having Intellectus over my apartment. (For people who haven't read Dresden Files, don't worry this is not a spoiler, it's general purpose worldbuilding. Intellectus is a form of limited omniscience where you, within a given domain or area, know everything you wonder about. So your mind doesn't literally hold all the information, you don't get flashes of inspiration, you can't make connections between things if you haven't considered them individually yet, you simply turn all known unknowns you deliberately ask about into known knowns. Sort of like a mental Google that you can always trust to be accurate.) It would be particularly helpful when I have to get out on a rainy day but misplaced my umbrella, or I have to exterminate a moth infestation but don't know the main nest.

On 2/18/2022 at 5:27 PM, Frustration said:

Being able to pull small tools like tweezers or nail clippers out of thin air and put them back rather than having to search the entire building to find them.

THE NUMBER OF TIMES I HAVE LOST MY NAIL CLIPPERS I CANNOT CONVEY 

A power I'd want is to be able to control the temperature of my bed area.