Allomantically Burning Hemalurgic Ability Spikes?

Trusk'our

Question

When an Allomancer burns a Hemalurgic spike, it splices the spiritweb of the spike to the Allomancer. 

Presumably, if this were done with a spike that contained an Allomantic or Feruchemical power, the power would be imbued within the spiritweb along with some other things (though this may not actually turn out to be true, this is what make the most sense to me right now, so for the sake of this post I'll just assume that's how it works). 

But what about human abilities stored in spikes? Those seem to have much more profound effects when placed in different areas, as they can transform you into a Hemalurgic construct of almost countless varieties. But you can (presumably) only burn a spike one way. So, do you just get a boost the ability stored in the spike, or does something else happen? Does it just not work? Do you get a random mutation?

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Some Random Spren said:

You can only burn a hemalurgic spike if it's taken from you, because the things stolen by the spike have a bit of identity and mess with burning it

also if it was your own then it would probably depend what the spike is and where

I'd assume that you could burn one that had no identity, though creating such a thing would be troublesome.  possibly by spiking someone while they are storing Identity. or a hemalurgist could theoretically spike Identity out of their subject and still keep them alive long enough to spike something else out, but I don't think we've seen anyone who knows how to do that.

5 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I'd assume that you could burn one that had no identity, though creating such a thing would be troublesome.  possibly by spiking someone while they are storing Identity. or a hemalurgist could theoretically spike Identity out of their subject and still keep them alive long enough to spike something else out, but I don't think we've seen anyone who knows how to do that.

Thats a good point, although either way burning a hemalurgic spike is a bad idea because the powerful ones normally through vital areas or at least stopping you dying