D&D Campaigns Starting Soon

Bort

The door slams open to reveal a heavily armored figure standing in the opening. Heavy rain pounds the ground behind him. Dripping, he leaves wet footsteps as he enters the bar. The patrons turn towards him, but seeing his arms and armor, quickly glance away from the newcomer, hoping he’s not there for trouble. A hush falls over the bar and some eyes follow him across the room towards the notice board.

He peers at the silent mass and begins to affix information posters to the wall. The first poster shows a warning, intriguing one older patron, who walks over and begins to read aloud:

Curse of Strahd

Travel to distant Barovia, a land saved from life and freed from hope. Will you be the heroes to restore the light to the land? Can you lift the Curse of Strahd?

**WARNING** Curse of Strahd is a somewhat darker campaign than most. Not for the faint of heart or the queasy of mind.

“I have heard of this land and it’s plight. This is quite the adventure you are advertising,” the older man says.  The armored figure nods and hammers up the next poster:

Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Take to the seas, and face the dangers of the deeps, while using sleepy little Saltmarsh as your home port. Gather your crew, it’s plunderin’ time! Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!

Upon reading this, the older man laughs in a way that sounds both nostalgic and guarded . He says “AHH my days upon the seas calls to me as I read this. Alas, those days are long past. But there are many here who would take up this call.” The armored figure looks this old man up and down…. and begins putting the last of his posters on the board:

Descent Into Avernus

A dark and terrifying threat has already claimed one city, and is making moves to claim Baldur’s Gate. Can you save the city from its fate? Will you take the fight to the true antagonists, the denizens of Hell?

The older man, after reading this one, takes one more look at the figure and shrewdly says, “Ah, this is not a fool’s errand. This one could bring your very soul into peril. Truly, those that take this quest are the bravest of all.” He lifts his tankard in a toast to those that would go before him.

The armored man finally speaks, his voice gravelly and coarse, but it carries through the space with great strength, “The risks will be great, the rewards never quite enough, but admit it, you don’t do this just for the gold! You do it for the fame, the attention, and the free beer! So, what say you, adventurer? Will you step up and be the hero the world needs?”

During the month of April, I will be launching a few new campaigns - Curse of Strahd, Ghosts of Saltmarsh and Descent into Avernus, maybe among others, and I am seeking brave or foolhardy adventurers to join me on these quests.

The Perks

Signature Items! While your party may need to face these threats alone, you won’t be unaided in your quests. Concerned merchants, adventurer patrons, or something more, will sponsor you and see you are provided with the very best equipment money can’t buy… Your very own Signature Item. Designed by you, the player, and reflective of your character’s skills and goals, these items improve and grow with your character potentially reaching artifact levels of power!

Free One Shots! Signing up for one of the paid campaigns will also get you access to my one shot server, where I and others run regular one shot adventures. Even though the campaigns start in April, you would be given access to this server immediately, and are welcome to join any games that are running there.

Anything Goes! There are a lot of options available in the Charactermancer, and any and all of them are open for you to play with. Warforged Artificer? Sure! Fairy Barbarian? Why not! The only limit is your imagination.

Have Some Gold! I've noticed that quite a few GMs can be quite stingy when it comes to rewards for their players, especially in the published modules. I reward good roleplay, clever planning, and I'm not afraid to give my characters a pile of gold to spend. Of course, getting your hands on that much gold may have other consequences…

Impact Your World! My games are a living world. The actions players take could have consequences that would be felt for miles around, and it's not realistic to expect everything to be back to normal when you've moved onto the next town. This does mean that both positive and negative effects can be seen due to player choices. Ripples may even stretch into other games I’m running, and campaign results will persist into future campaigns.

Game: D&D 5e

Campaign: Various

Experience: From AD&D (2e) to 5E, I’ve been roleplaying for over 20 years, and GM’ing for nearly as long. The pandemic has given me extensive knowledge of Roll 20. I welcome players with no experience to my table. 

Game style: I provide a world and a story, and let the players interact with it as they want. While this does mean that it can sometimes be a challenge to keep the players on track, it also means that they have a lot of freedom. I also like to incorporate character backgrounds into the campaign, so like a good background from a player and reward accordingly.

Location/Timezone: UK, but timezone isn't too important as we play online. So long as I can understand you, and you can understand me, we’re good!

Schedule: Somewhat flexible as these are new games, so we are able to arrange them to suit the most people. I am expecting that most of them will be run in the evening, Eastern Standard Time (EST). I am hoping we can arrange them for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings, starting at 6pm EST, but this will be discussed with the players before any decisions are made.

Roles sought: Any and all!

Group type: Online - Discord for voice, Roll20 for the virtual tabletop. Free accounts for both Discord and Roll20 would be all you need.

Payment: These will be paid games, likely charged at £12 per session, or £40 per month, but final pricing will be announced before the campaigns start. Please note that Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.

Testimonials: 

"Freedom to have fun, be creative, to role play “your big moment”, to get items and loot galore… all with the constant fear your PC could be toast at any moment" - Jarndo, Dwarf Barbarian.

"Bort lets the PCs be the best versions of themselves. He puts interesting challenges in front of the group and lets the group go to work on them." - Darvin, Human Fighter.

“Bort provides the ideal setting for the player to express their creativity with the perfect balance of indulgence and RAW. If you have felt modules are a bit too stifling or homebrew a bit to freeform, Bort finds the sweet spot.” - Sunder, Hexadin

“I went into the game with this incredible signature item…. And it just got better… and then… just. WOW. No spoilers – but oh man. Love his DM style and play, but this item??? BEST DM EVER!” -  Voni, Human Arcane Archer

“Bort's GMing gently gets under your skin until you realize you're effortlessly having a lot of fun. He's generous with the loot but he giveth with one hand and removeth with the other like an omniscient god should. If there's something you want to explore he will go there with you but keep things on track, giving everyone time to shine. Very importantly he knows his rules and his lore and like a good artist knows when to transcend them.” - Nico, Human 'I see dead people' Bard

Still got questions? I have answers!
Please contact me on Discord @Bort#7252 for more information. 

Current Numbers: 5/18 spots filled.

Edited by Bort

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I play D&D (Love that game so much) and I did play Curse of Strahd.

I love role-playing ad backstories, so hello new character! She was wonderful. Strahd had killed her parents when she was young, but---SURPRISE---he had actually mindcontrolled 8-year-old her to kill her mother... Anyway, she was very blunt, went around asking people if they were evil, mistrusts everyone (and rightfully so... her senses are surprisingly accurate. I'm just waiting for Blinsky to be evil), and has no manners whatsoever. She was also a were-bear for a while.

Also, she hates Strahd (surprise!).

Well, I just wanted to put that out there.

(Oh yeah, she's an elf 2 levels cleric 8 druid with a wicked passive perception).

On 5/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

I won't be able to join this campaign, but Bort, I hope you and your players have an absolutely amazing time playing :D

Anyways, while y'all do that, I'm gonna go work on my Stormlight homebrew campaign :>

I have a knight radiant homebrew on D&Dbeyond, If that will help.

On 5/8/2022 at 6:15 AM, SymphonianBookworm said:

Tell me more...

What do you wish to know?

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I have a knight radiant homebrew on D&Dbeyond, If that will help.

Thanks, but I'm translating everything into DND myself, so I won't be using DNDBeyond. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

What do you wish to know?

:D

Well, if you're okay with it- I've been wanting to make a D&D 5e Stormlight campaign, but the logistics have been... eluding me- so, if possible, could you share some of the stuff you've made?

It's okay if you decide not to. How long did it take to make it?

It's not done yet, all I have right now is some very loose ideas pertaining to plot, a mostly figured out substitute monetary system, the final boss, and loose ideas pertaining to Radiant abilities.

So far, in amount of time doing think work to come up with this, it's been about a total of 2-3 hours. In terms of time since I decided to make it but haven't found the time or motivation to work on it, it's been about a month.

The current idea for plot is to have the party meet by chance after the Everstorm makes its first pass, and they investigate the escape of some Parshmen/singers, which sends them to some merchants where they do some busywork, and they go around the continent doing busywork until some of them discover they have radiant abilities, at which point Dalinar Kholin contacts them and they go do some missions for him. According to the mission given to them, depends on how many local missions they can do. But currently, I'm planning on 5-6 Pre Dalinar missions, 3-4 Dalinar missions, paired with about 2 or 3 Local Missions for every Dalinar mission, amounting to having to come up with 5-6 Pre Dalinar Missions, and 6-8 During Dalinar missions. The final mission is to go kill a Chasmfiend in the Shattered Plains, and I've already made the Chasmfiend DND stats page thingy (I stole most of the stats from an Ancient Blue Dragon.

Monetary system is a table, with the X axis along the top signifying Chips, Marks, and Broams, and the Y axis along the left vertical side, signifying types of gemstone, going down in order. So, from the top down, it would go Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Garnet, and Diamond.

Radiant abilities are easily one of the more complicated things I have to figure out. Currently, I have an idea to do it depending on how they make their 5e character, which, during the first session, will be heavily edited. But I'm still figuring that out.

Thats about all I have tho.

EDIT: details added

Edited by CalanoCorvus