Ask A Crow Anything

Medium

30 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Seen a few animatics with Campfire song, it's pretty cool. I haven't seen or listened to the rest tho.

edit: @Cinnamon sticking with toenail, thanks.

Good choice.

if you want to watch it there is a “slime tutorial” on YouTube.:ph34r:

Have you ever been so mad you’ve seen red? And if so was it about your girlfriend?

Edited by Cinnamon

What's the longest reading session you've had?

Who is your favorite fantasy/sci-fi author other than Sanderson?

What is your favorite quote from any Cosmere novel?

Do you like macaroni and cheese?

Vegetables: cooked or raw?

What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Will you ask me a question on my AMA? :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Have you ever been so mad you’ve seen red? And if so was it about your girlfriend?

Yes, I have. Yes, it was. See, a kid at my school said that my girlfriend "could make bank with an onlyfans account." And lemme tell ya, I had to be physically restrained from absolutely beating this kids ass I was so mad.

12 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What's the longest reading session you've had?

Who is your favorite fantasy/sci-fi author other than Sanderson?

What is your favorite quote from any Cosmere novel?

Do you like macaroni and cheese?

Vegetables: cooked or raw?

What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Will you ask me a question on my AMA? :ph34r:

6-7 hours.

Hmm. Rick Riordan.

Not a quote, but Kaladins entire arc from beggining of WoK to the Honor Chasm part. It's inspiring. But if I had to pick a quote, probably smth Dalinar said, lemme search... “Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing.”

Yeah, it's good.

Depends on the vegetable. Usually better raw, though.

Maybe later, it's currently 6:20 am and I need breakfast.

4 hours ago, Elf said:

favourite book? 

when will you see arrival? its REALLY good 

anti heroes or traditional heroes? 

favourite colour? 

hogwarts house?

Rhythm Of War. Generally just a brilliant book.

I don't know... hopefully soon. Perhaps will watch it with my girlfriend :o

ANTI HEROES. GAY ONES.

purple. not like, base purple, but like a soft soothing lavender.

hufflepuff :]

On 12/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

May we please be graced with a recording of your Gay accent?

On 12/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, CalanoCorvus said:

i'll get it to you in about an hour and a half

doomie you never gave us a recording of you doing a gay accent :O

my question is this:

gay accent pls?

6 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

doomie you never gave us a recording of you doing a gay accent :o

my question is this:

gay accent pls?

oh good heavens my apologies. hopefully soon.

5 hours ago, RaeTheRaven said:

Hello Crow! Greetings from a fellow corvid. My question is, what's the difference between a raven and a crow? 

salutations! one of my dear friends is an amateur ornithologist and would love to answer this. i will attempt to do so without her.

ravens are larger than crows, and have a larger bill, tail, and flight pattern than crows. while ravens are the size of hawks, crows are about the size of a pigeon.

43 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

salutations! one of my dear friends is an amateur ornithologist and would love to answer this. i will attempt to do so without her.

ravens are larger than crows, and have a larger bill, tail, and flight pattern than crows. while ravens are the size of hawks, crows are about the size of a pigeon.

Ah, I'm afraid that is not the right answer. The correct answer is that ravens have 16 tail feathers called pinions, while crows have only 15. So the difference is simply a matter of a pinion. 

(I'll see myself out)

1 hour ago, RaeTheRaven said:

Ah, I'm afraid that is not the right answer. The correct answer is that ravens have 16 tail feathers called pinions, while crows have only 15. So the difference is simply a matter of a pinion. 

(I'll see myself out)

yes leave how dare you. i am right and you are right but that pun was awful lmao.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

If you could be proficient in any weapon, fantastical or real. What weapon would it be?

hmm that's a hard question. there's a lot of cool weapons out there.

gonna have to go with dual wield short swords. thatd be sick.

• 2 weeks later...

favourite song? 

grimdark books, yes or no? 

have you ever had that thing where you're almost scared to reccomend a book you loved to others because of how dark and gory it is?

9 hours ago, Elf said:

favourite song? 

grimdark books, yes or no? 

have you ever had that thing where you're almost scared to reccomend a book you loved to others because of how dark and gory it is?

favorite... song... uh.... too many :skull: literally way too many i have 2018 songs in my liked songs playlist uh um yeah a lot

hmm. depends. idrk what grimdark is completely, only a vague idea. i'd say small yes though.

no....

are you okay?

Grimdark: a genre of fiction, especially fantasy fiction, characterized by disturbing, violent, or bleak subject matter and a dystopian setting.

HAHHAH 

i just read the Jasper Dent series by Barry Lyga which is about a 17 year old boy whose father is the most notorious serial killer in America 

and 

loved 

it 

But 

its sooooo, soooo, sooooo, soooooo freaking dark and gory and violent and more so, because ususally in dark fiction you have a barrier you know. Like oh they have magical powers, or oh a 17 year could never be so smart and efficient and a gang leader, something like that. But everything that happens in this series could totally happen in our world. The characterization is spot on and you never feel that oh he's too smart for a 17 year old. nah he is smart but he acts like a teenager, a disturbed and damaged teenager. 

anyway 

its the most disturbing book series i have ever read and I LOVED IT 

but im scared of reccomending it to others :lol:

tangent over

Edited by Elf

8 hours ago, Elf said:

HAHHAH 

i just read the Jasper Dent series by Barry Lyga which is about a 17 year old boy whose father is the most notorious serial killer in America 

and 

loved 

it 

But 

its sooooo, soooo, sooooo, soooooo freaking dark and gory and violent and more so, because ususally in dark fiction you have a barrier you know. Like oh they have magical powers, or oh a 17 year could never be so smart and efficient and a gang leader, something like that. But everything that happens in this series could totally happen in our world. The characterization is spot on and you never feel that oh he's too smart for a 17 year old. nah he is smart but he acts like a teenager, a disturbed and damaged teenager. 

anyway 

its the most disturbing book series i have ever read and I LOVED IT 

but im scared of reccomending it to others :lol:

tangent over

my anxiety i dont think would let me read grimdark and enjoy it. my stomach would probably start to hurt and it wouldn't do good things to me mentally.

but hey, sounds like you enjoy it :D

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

I absolutely loved Fablehaven. When I was like 12 I went through like a whole Brandon Mull phase.

I guess I like Brandons...

Same! Isn't it kind of strange that there are two bestselling LDS fantasy authors named Brandon?