WAIT NO I did not read 4 pages of signups and had no idea Drake had not only taken the meme stance already but also SIGNED UP headfirst with them. I shall now pick something else or I will die. 

hm

Okay, in honour of myself, I will only communicate using Stick figures. To make it bearable for everyone else I will be using speech bubbles. I did drawings in LG74 and had a lot of fun with them. :P 

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

WAIT NO I did not read 4 pages of signups and had no idea Drake had not only taken the meme stance already but also SIGNED UP headfirst with them. I shall now pick something else or I will die. 

Spoiler

7NqMgRz.png

Spoiler

QEdnpDz.jpg

Edited by DrakeMarshall

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

hm

Okay, in honour of myself, I will only communicate using Stick figures. To make it bearable for everyone else I will be using speech bubbles. I did drawings in LG74 and had a lot of fun with them. :P 

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:
  Hide contents

7NqMgRz.png

*watches while laughing as popcorn begins popping in the microwave. the doorbell rings and thaidakar answers, it is his pizza, he eats an entire half as thaidakar watches the meme war begin.*

Theoretically it should be easier to chill in a game with PMs and where your bros are playing, right? :P 

Right?

Edited to add: Going to see if I can do better at chilling in this game if I remind myself that I'm here to chill and have a great time with my bros, with some game-solving on the side :) Chill Kas mode engaged. I want to be the guy doing the analysis and stuff and RPing because it sparks joy, not because I feel I have to, and I want people to be able to get that I'm in the zone and having fun.

IDK, Orlok's post about not knowing how to enjoy SE anymore really hit me hard because it's become so much about duty and pressure and guilt less about what I want or what makes me happy.

Edited by Kasimir

I haven't RP'd in so long I have no idea how to do it. 
I'm going to utilize my old character from the last Shard game I played, in which Steeldancer eventually became a returned. 
My character now is... idk, his upstart son? He received spikes from his father as a parting gift, that give him the ability to compound steel. He doesn't have a spren like his father did. But he inherited the mantle of Steeldancer, so, Leets the Steeldancer he is. 
~~~
Leets had always hated Scadrial. 
It reminded him of heroes. 
Of his father. 
His father had passed away some time ago, giving away his breath for some noble cause. He could have kept compounding to feed his divine breath, but he had said his time had come. 
He hadn't been born with any useful allomantic power. He could burn aluminum apparently, but who cared about that?
However, before his death, his father had given him two spikes. 
The power of compounding steel had been given to him. How his father had managed to use hemalurgy without dying, he wasn't sure, but either way he had taken his father's last gift. And along with it, he had apparently inherited the title of "Steeldancer." A hero of the Cosmere, a man who moved faster than anyone else could, but did good with his speed. 
Leets was no such hero. He hadn't even used the spikes. Although he kept them safe in his quarters. 
Leets had always rebelled against his father's ideology of helping everyone he could. Why was it his job to fix everyone else's problems? So, at least for now, no one filled the mantle of the "Steeldancer." 
So when he had been privy to the opportunity of going to Roshar and doing some good to bring peace to the cosmere, he had to decided to come along and provide some muscle. And perhaps, being able to attract a Cultivationspren would prove that he was actually worthy of the title that his father had bestowed upon his unworthy son. His son who had spent his teenage years more interested in getting in as many beds as possible, in trying out the newest and most exciting fads, than trying to actually do any good for anyone. 
These were the thoughts in his head, relaxing in his cabin in the Survivor, when suddenly the ship came under attack. He wasn't a pilot, but rather a guard. He was here to beat people up. And as of yet, there wasn't anyone to beat up. 
He watched out the windows, confused to see the physical realm outside. The stars were beautiful, it was true, but they were nowhere near any planet, and certainly not in the Rosharian system as of yet. What had happened to the Cognitive drive? 
Something deep within him whispered, that something vast was about to happen. He frowned at the odd feeling. Fortune? Destiny? It felt like when he had tapped things like those before from the strange metalminds held by certain individuals. What was about to happen? 
Leets went back into his cabin, deep in thought. Like he often did when contemplating himself, he opened the small box under his bed. 2 spikes, preserved in his father's blood. Something within him trembled. 
"Guess it wouldn't hurt to be prepared," he mused aloud. He placed the box into his pocket, and grabbed a set of steel bracers, along with some small chunks of steel designed for compounding use. He placed it in a small backpack, and headed out of the cabin to go find some grub, then find out what was going on on this ship. 
~~~
If I get the chance, I'd like to play Leets off of some other characters. We'll see how much time I have to RP this week. 

Edited by Steeldancer
fixing small things

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

Sorry, Striker, but I'm going to have to back out of the game. I found out I'm starting to train next week, so I have to be on my best behavior at work, which means limiting my time on SE too much to play.

Karval, agent of chaos, will have to wait for another game. 

That’s okay Elan! I wish you the best of luck in your training. Would you like a link to the spec doc once the game has started?

3 minutes ago, Sequence said:

Would this be a good game to sign up for as your first Sanderson Elimination game? A friend recommended this one.

Sure! It's a little different than a normal basic game, with item grabbing and the like and but I'm sure we can all help you clear any questions you have (both now and even during the game). @StrikerEZ will the GM and he'd be able to answer all questions during the game. Please do read the Rules And Etiquette thread to get a general idea about it. 

1 minute ago, |TJ| said:

Sure! It's a little different than a normal basic game, with item grabbing and the like and but I'm sure we can all help you clear any questions you have (both now and even during the game). @StrikerEZ will the GM and he'd be able to answer all questions during the game. Please do read the Rules And Etiquette thread to get a general idea about it. 

Okay then. I finished all of the rules and etiquette stuff, and am reading through the game rules now.

Just now, Sequence said:

Alright, I finished looking through the rules. This sounds fun. How do I sign up?

You just say you're in and Striker adds you to the player list. You can even sign up with an RP character name if you wish to RP as well!

Just now, Sequence said:

Oh, okay then. Uh, I am formally, "in". Like that? Anyway, my character is named Sfirm Kryt. Is that all...?

Yep that's all. I'm also GMing this game along with Striker, and if you have any questions feel free to ask. He'll add you to the list of players once he sees this. 

5 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Incidentally @StrikerEZ is this game based on the WoB about cognitive FTL I got a few months back? 

Nope, I came up with the idea before you asked that question. Like, I think I wrote the rules down at first last summer. The cognitive drive thing was probably subconsciously based on your WoB as I put that in as I was doing the writeup last weekend. Or whatever weekend before I posted the signups. 

51 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Nope, I came up with the idea before you asked that question. Like, I think I wrote the rules down at first last summer. The cognitive drive thing was probably subconsciously based on your WoB as I put that in as I was doing the writeup last weekend. Or whatever weekend before I posted the signups. 

Ah, cool. I was just curious