Striker's informed me that he expects potential confusion with two Arvals and one Aral in this game.

I blame past Kas who wanted a Mandalorian clan name that wasn't Ordo, Skirata, Orade, Beviin, or Fett :P Unlike my unlamented Wookie explorer Arrahak, I didn't even need to change Kavar's name to make him SE appropriate!

I'll largely be using Kavar in RP for perspective reasons, but I would also recommend you don't vote on me as Aral because that is the path to collective insanity for me and Striker and Experience. Kavar will do fine :P 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by Kasimir

49 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Sign me up as Kranvar, a....wanted person who sneaked on board at the last possible minute while evading capture. 

RIP Striker and Experience, this one is not on me :P

Spoiler

3f4.gif

Players and GMs this game trying to vote Araris or TJ or me:

Spoiler

visible.jpg

:P 

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

RIP Striker and Experience, this one is not on me :P

Reveal hidden contents

3f4.gif

Players and GMs this game trying to vote Araris or TJ or me:

Reveal hidden contents

visible.jpg

:P 

Hahahahaha :P I genuinely did not realize how close the names were, but now... this could be fun xD

13 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Pffft, we don't vote by using RP names anymore, we should be fiiine :P

"I'm not so certain about that, Kanvar. Why do you feel the need to go by two names? That suggests to me a duplicitous nature. Almost like that of a Traitor."

'Genis. My friend. I know you realize this, but I feel a need to point out the game has not yet begun.'

"Bah. Doesn't mean I trust him. I haven't even seen the man before, and I've studied every one of The Survivor's personnel files extensively. You know this. And so I ask: where did you come from, Kanvar? If that is your real name."

Edited by Amanuensis

48 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

"I'm not so certain about that, Kanvar. Why do you feel the need to go by two names? That suggests to me a duplicitous nature. Almost like that of a Traitor."

'Genis, my friend. I know you realize this, but I feel a need to point out the game has not yet begun.'

"Bah. Doesn't mean I trust him. I haven't even seen the man before, and I've studied every one of The Survivor's personnel files extensively. You know this. And so I ask: where did you come from, Kanvar? If that is your real name."

And so it begins :eyes:

Seeing justified text and it not coming from me sparks joy :D

9 hours ago, Kasimir said:

And so it begins :eyes:

Seeing justified text and it not coming from me sparks joy :D

"Justification is just so much cleaner, isn't it? Spacing can become a problem if one uses long words too frequently, but for the sake of beauty, the effort can be afforded to strike a balance. Good to know at least one person on this ship has some good taste."

'Genis! Are you bonding with someone right now? I'm so proud of you.'

"Save your pride," he whispered. "I'm only pretending to bond so that this other Kanvar might trust me enough to slip up in my presence. Friendship is for the weak-willed, and my will is anything but weak. I don't need anyone."

'You don't... need anyone? Not even me?'

Hearing the simulated emotion in the A.I.'s voice, Genis was nearly taken aback. "Well, I certainly don't need you. But I do want you, I suppose."

'...Really? If so, then couldn't you want a friend too?"

"Nonsense. They would only drag me down. Drag us down."

'I think you might be surprised how much good a friend can do. For our mission, and for you.'

"Bah! I will play nice and remain open to allies, but that's it. Got it?"

Instead of responding, an electric hum caressed the boy's mind. G's way of saying, 'We'll see.'

Edited by Amanuensis

This is going to be hilarious, I vote we all vote using our RP names for this game. :P

Edit: This is funnier because I just realized Aman said Kanvar which is basically Kavar + Kranvar so I donno if he's referring to me or Kas xD

Edited by |TJ|

14 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

This is going to be hilarious, I vote we all vote using our RP names for this game. :P

Kavar frowned.

He, at least, had been preparing to use people's names, rather than their callsigns. [OOC: RP style for me focuses on using character names rather than usernames, and I'm still old school SE I guess so yeah. This will be fun for me but I am probably just gonna OOC bracket and tag each time to do my part to reduce confusion :P ] He wasn't sure where the insistence on going by callsign had come from, either, though he'd noticed other operatives beginning to use callsigns over the last few ops.

The confusion though didn't surprise him at all.

On his first day serving with the Survivor, the quartermaster had confused him with Arval who was, apparently, not the same person as Commander Arval, though Kavar at least hadn't served under the Commander either. After finally managing to get his bunk swapped back with actual Arval's, Kavar found out a couple days later that there was someone by the name of Kranvar on board who had mysteriously appeared on the logs. Kavar was pretty sure that Kranvar was acting fairly suspicious, too. And a kid by the name of Genis had just confused him with Kranvar, or at least, Kavar wasn't sure who Genis was looking for.

And then, there was Karval, who just added yet another layer of confusion. But Karval, at least, seemed to thrive on chaos.

"Did you mean," he said aloud, very tiredly, as his communicator chimed with a message for Kanvar of Black Squad, when Kavar was with Pyrehawk. "Karval?"

[OOC: What are the bets they keep getting each other's emails/messages? :P ]

31 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Edit: This is funnier because I just realized Aman said Kanvar which is basically Kavar + Kranvar so I donno if he's referring to me or Kas xD

Pretty sure that's the point :P

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

I will join as Karval, who thrives on chaos.

Chaos is a ladder :eyes:

Spoiler

charlie-brown-confusion.gif

I'll be honest I already managed to accidentally type my own character name as Kanval and Karvan several times so I think I myself am confused :P I might actually swap to referring to him as Aral in RP to confuse myself less :D 

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

……

Yeah I brought this on myself by mentioning it to Kas. :P

You realise we're probably gonna end up asking if you meant:

Commander Arval, Bloodthirsty Arval, Aral, Kavar, Kanvar, Kranvar, Kanval, Karval, and various confused permutations of our names each time in the write-up? :P 

Spoiler

0*xa7VWDUQOK6W1VAk.jpg

Edited by Kasimir