A long time ago, in a universe far, far away….

Long Game 83 
The Survivor

The cosmere is in turmoil. The COSMERE PLANETARY CONFEDERATION has enforced prosperity across the galaxy, but a new threat to peace has begun to rise from Roshar.

A secret envoy of specially trained MISTBORN, equipped with the latest in medallion technology, is hidden on a convoy ship called THE SURVIVOR. Their goal is to infiltrate the Rosharan society and quell this growing rebellion as soon as possible. Peace must be achieved at all costs.

On their journey through SHADESMAR, the crew of The Survivor find themselves suddenly forced from the Realm, their Cognitive Drive destroyed. Once they appear in the vast nothingness of space, they are ambushed by a collection of starfighters. They manage to escape the attack, but some have begun to suspect plots of mutiny….

TnD5hUhCy3DfXJlaJhMRrRLQyfuuiAFrqaHRMI1zJLOxr7IXLjG5L630mgyWe5T7zWojK1loIs_sppryaLuj9ayPixFvkINZSxYwjfmlp3pXFNI77uS0-AM8NT-zbVkElgEnemSd

Halluk ran through the halls of The Survivor, her heart hammering. The starfighters were out there in the vacuum of space, trying to fight off the ships that were trying to kill them all. She and the other engineers had been summoned to the engine room to figure out what was going on with the Cognitive Drive. One moment they had been in Shadesmar, the next they had been flying through the Physical Realm. 

The engine room was mass chaos. Everyone was looking at the Cognitive Drive and trying to figure out what had happened. Others were trying to get the warp drives active. The system had not been prepared for a sudden shift between the Realms, so they were not activated yet. 

“Someone get me a primer!” Denno, the lead engineer, yelled. He was not even breathing with how stressed he was, relying on his metalminds. Halluk could understand how he was feeling.

Halluk watched as several engineers ran to get a primer cube, though they realized that only one of them needed to get it. Looking around the room, Halluk tried to figure out what had happened. The Cognitive Drive was smoking, and her heart sank. That level of damage was not an easy fix. Denno’s stress seemed even more understandable.

“We have no idea how it happened,” Jarna said, walking up to her and resting his hand on her shoulder. Halluk relaxed into his touch, her breathing returning to normal. “I was the first one here. I found it smoking like this, and none of the warp drives were active.”

“That’s so strange,” Halluk whispered, looking around at all of the engineers. 

“No kidding,” Jarna said. The ship shuttered then, some of the lights flickering. Jarna looked up, and Halluk couldn’t help but feel worried. They were sitting here talking about some engines and what went wrong with them while the pilots were out there fighting and dying for them.

Denno walked up to them, shaking his head. “The warp drives are activating. If those fighters out there can get us out of this mess, we can finally start going faster.” He sighed. “The Cognitive Drive is busted though. It got messed up good. We must’ve passed through a particularly strong Cognitive Anomaly.”

Halluk nodded. Those could cause havoc on the drives, especially if you did not realize you were about to pass through one. Jarna just pursed his lips and nodded as Denno walked away. 

That’s odd, Halluk thought to herself. He’s not normally so upset by Denno, even if he doesn’t like the man.

“Are you alright?” Halluk asks. “You seem-”

“Not here.” Jarna whispers. “I think something is wrong. Let’s go.”

TtoMqCaHRWEEMDMmMghrV_5WwvK_ozyWDDm4DwOoimAysHejD7TByj_-Rogaa-XMnLxS8xECpQUfUaMQth5K0hdDdCTumtZbmvTfWFg1O8ZEatkpEzSz0WgLtx7zgSMzb81ctzf_

Arval’s knuckles turned white as he pulled another tight maneuver to avoid his tail. The rusting bastard was good, and their ship was right on Arval’s tail. Blaster fire scattered across Arval’s shield and the shield finally flickered and died.

Now or never, Arval thought.

He suddenly turned his ship down, or down compared to how he had been flying through space, and burned bendalloy before his tail could react, pushing the limits of the bubble as far as he could. His ship flipped around, and he shot his blasters at the same time he stopped burning bendalloy. 

Time seemed to rush back to normal as the bubble disappeared, and the blaster fire obliterated his opponent. Arval just barely missed the rubble of the imploding ship as he flew by, back towards The Survivor. 

“Wow,” Vyrum said over his comm, “that was impressive. I honestly thought you were a goner.”

“Thank you for your confidence,” Arval said, “but I couldn’t die today. That would’ve left you in command, and we all know how much of a disaster that would have been.”

Nella, Goradel, and Isak, those of their squad that had survived the assault, laughed over the comm. “I’ll have you know,” Vyrum said, “I would have 100% known what to do if you’d died. I was too far to come rescue you, but I would have valiantly fought in your name.”

“I don’t know if I’d call what you do fighting,” Isak said, his ship coming up next to Arval’s. “It’s more like just trying to survive.”

“That’s enough,” Arval said. “Let’s get back to the ship before they decide to leave without us before more fighters show up. We lost way too many people today.” They’d managed to get the last of them before Arval had been chased down by his enemy, but Arval was certain that they would see more of the rebels if they stuck around.

As they made their turns docking inside The Survivor, Arval had everyone in the different squads give him their battle reports. Most squads, groups of 8 fighters, had lost at least 2 fighters. His squad, Black Squad, had been lucky to only lose three people. He tried to not think about Alin, Yndbeth, and Noura. It was simply the life of a soldier, losing people in battle. 

Once they all landed, Arval waited until everyone had made their way out of the hangars before leaving. Unfortunately, he got stopped by a messenger in the middle of the hallway.

“Commander Arval?” the messenger asked. “Captain Kellian requests your presence for a debriefing.”

“Is it really necessary right now?”

“He said it was urgent.”

Arval sighed. “I’ll be there soon.”

TnD5hUhCy3DfXJlaJhMRrRLQyfuuiAFrqaHRMI1zJLOxr7IXLjG5L630mgyWe5T7zWojK1loIs_sppryaLuj9ayPixFvkINZSxYwjfmlp3pXFNI77uS0-AM8NT-zbVkElgEnemSd

Arval walked into the bridge and found Captain Kellian there. There were fewer people there than normal, just his assistant captain Somah and the lead navigator Byndweth. They seemed to be really tense.

“You needed me, sir?” Arval asked. 

Kellian turned around. “There you finally are. We don’t have much time. Tell me everything that happened out there.” 

Arval did not hesitate before he began relaying everything he could remember from the battle. They had fallen out of the Cognitive Realm and found themselves ambushed by a group of rebel fighters. Within 15 minutes they had mobilized several squads to intercept them and keep the shields of The Survivor online. Once the whole of the starfighters had been deployed, it had been a relatively quick battle, though a very brutal one. The enemy had suffered more casualties, and had seemed much more willing to risk their lives. There had been few survivors.

Kellian grimaced at this point, though motioned for Arval to continue. So he did, talking about how many pilots they had lost and what they still had at their disposal. If they were attacked again, it was very unlikely they would make it out alive.

“That’s enough,” Kellian said, motioning for Arval to stop. “I have heard enough.”

Arval nodded, and moved to leave, though Kellian stopped him. “What do you still need from me, sir?”

Kellian looked at Somah and Byndweth, and they nodded. 

“We think we have been infiltrated by some of the rebels,” Kellian said. “We do not know how many, or who they are, but everything lined up too perfectly for this to be a coincidence.”

“I was watching the radar very carefully,” Byndweth said, “and there were no Cognitive Anomalies within our path.” She paused, shaking her head.

Arval’s heart stopped  “What do you mean?” He said cautiously.

“To put it simply,” Somah said, “we believe that someone sabotaged our Cognitive Drive, just the right time for us to return to the Physical Realm where a flight of rebel starfighters were waiting for us. They were not expecting us to have as many fighters as we did, or were expecting the surprise of us falling into the Physical Realm to make it easier for them to kill us.”

“What if it really was just a coincidence?” Arval asked. “The enemy seemed just as unprepared as I felt fighting them.”

“Do you really think it could be a coincidence?” Kellian asked, genuine surprise on his face. “Our named mission in the logs as a diplomatic envoy sent for the upcoming celebrations on Roshar would give no reason for those fighters to try and kill us once we dropped into their space. Our real mission would be much more reason for them to fight us. And the only way they would know our real mission would be if there were traitors amongst us.”

Arval could hardly believe what he was hearing. They were on their way to secretly destroy a rebellion. If they had some of those same rebels amongst them, armed with the same level of medallion technology as the rest of them….

“What do you expect me to do with this information?” Arval asked. “Do you want me to lock away the pilots? Interrogate them? I would hate to do that, but I could-”

“No, no, don’t do that,” Kellian said. “We don’t want to cause mass panic. We are going to be discreet about this, act as if we have not realized what is happening. And we will watch everyone very closely. We can find the traitors amongst us.” 

Arval could not decide if Kellian’s words were reassuring or not.

Welcome to LG83: The Survivor! I am excited to finally run these rules for all of you, and I hope you enjoy. My IM for this game will be @Devotary of Spontaneity, who you can go to if you have any concerns with other players or need to talk to someone about how you are feeling about the game. I am also more than willing to help if Devo cannot, but I would request you go to her first. Primarily because I will only be closely paying attention the thread during the hours shortly before and after rollover because I have classes and do require sleep. :P

I will be posting the rules themselves into this post, though I will also be attaching a link to the google doc for ease of access. You can find the rules here. I would recommend checking the rules doc more than this post, as I will be updating that more often with rule clarifications than this post.

Signups will end on February 15th at 8 pm CST. The game will start as soon as I can get everything posted and PMs sent out to everyone. Rollover for each turn will take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. As a fair warning, some of the Night turns will need to be 48 hours long to accommodate my real life schedule. I will let everyone know in advance. The first Night where this is an issue is Night 2.

Also, if anyone wants to co-GM with me to get experience or even to just help out, that would be appreciated. I could certainly use help keeping track of everything and potentially help with write-ups. If you want to help me out, send me a PM or a DM on Discord. I am more likely to see the latter. EDIT: @Experience has offered and is now my co-GM.

Rules: 

Spoiler

Basics: 

Spoiler
  • Each Cycle is split up into a Day turn (48 hours) and a Night turn (24 hours). 
  • PMs are free to use, though may only be one-on-one. PMs must contain myself, and the IM, if they wish to be included in PMs. In addition, make sure @Experience is in these PMs as well.
  • Each Day there will be an Interrogation. The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be Interrogated and removed from the game. Once they are removed, their alignment and role, if they have one, will be revealed. Ties will be decided randomly amongst the tied players.
  • Each player can perform as many allomantic actions as they have vials for. They can only use one non-vial item per turn. They only get one use of any role actions per turn.
  • Since each player is a Mistborn on the mission, every player has access to all the metals. The GM PM will not say that you are a Mistborn, though it will say if you have other roles.
  • When a player is Interrogated, one of their items at random goes to a random player who voted for them. When a player is killed, one of their items at random goes to their killer. The rest of their items return to the Stockpile.
  • There is an inactivity filter. If any player goes 2 full cycles in a row (4 turns in a row) without posting, they will either be replaced by a pinch hitter or removed from the game.

Factions: 

Spoiler
  • Confederation Loyalists: Your goal is to find and Interrogate all of the Traitors aboard The Survivor. You win when all of the Traitors have been removed from the game. 
  • Traitors: Your goal is to overthrow the Loyalists aboard The Survivor and take control of the ship. At the start of each Day, the Traitors will receive a steel vial that one of them can use to kill a player with during the Night. You win when you reach a majority of living players left. In addition, you will have a doc to discuss your plans in.
  • Thief: You’ve been stealing a few things here and there, over the course of your time serving in the Confederation Army. Nothing too major, but you just couldn’t help yourself. Now that there’s all this chaos, well...it’s the perfect time to steal a bunch of stuff and make off with it. Each cycle you may steal an item from another player. You win if you survive till the end of the game and have at least five non-vial item in your possession when the game ends.

The Stockpile:

Spoiler
  • At the start of each turn, the contents of the stockpile will be announced. In addition to the vials of metal used for allomancy, there will be some items available in the stockpile, relics and devices from other worlds in the cosmere.
  • Each player may grab only one item from the stockpile each turn. If multiple players go for the same kind of item and there aren’t enough for all of them, the items will be randomly distributed amongst those players, with one player (or more) not receiving any items.
  • At the beginning of the Night turn, the names of the players who grabbed items the previous Day will be announced, along with which item they grabbed. This information will not be revealed at the beginning of the Day turn.
  • Players can pass vials to each other during any turn, though they cannot grab a vial from the stockpile if they do so.
  • Some players may start the game with an item.

Allomantic Abilities:

Spoiler
  • Iron: When you use a vial of iron, you can lurch a player, protecting them. (Night only)
  • Steel: When you use a vial of steel, you can coinshot a player, killing them. (Night only)
  • Tin: When you use a vial of tin, you can spy on a player and learn who they targeted that turn (Day/Night)
  • Pewter: If you are holding a vial of pewter when attacked, you will survive the attack. You need an extra pewter vial for each attack against you that turn. (Night only)
  • Zinc: When you use a vial of zinc, you can riot someone’s emotions, changing their vote for that turn. This will cancel your own vote in the process. (Day only)
  • Brass: When you use a vial of brass, you can soothe someone’s emotions, canceling their vote for that turn. (Day only)
  • Copper: When you use a vial of copper, you can put up a coppercloud around yourself and one other player of your choice, protecting you from Rioting, Soothing, and Seeking. (Day/Night)
  • Bronze: When you use a vial of bronze, you can seek someone and see what metal(s) they burned that turn. (Day/Night)
  • Gold: When you use a vial of gold, you can look into your past and learn who targeted you that turn. (Day/Night)
  • Electrum: When you use a vial of electrum, you can look into your own future and counteract a single action taken against you for that turn, roleblocking whoever targeted you. (Day/Night)
  • Cadmium: When you use a vial of cadmium, you can target another player and make it so that their actions are delayed until the next turn. (Day/Night)
  • Bendalloy: When you use a vial of bendalloy, you can create a time bubble around you and another player, so that any actions taken against either of you are randomly redirected. In addition, if the target player takes any actions against players outside of the bubble, their action is randomly redirected. (Day/Night)
  • Aluminum: When you use a vial of aluminum, you can purge yourself of influence from any foreign Investiture (aka you’re immune to any items from other planets besides Scadrial). Be careful not to use any other vials when you burn aluminum, or else you will lose those metals! (Day/Night)
  • Duralumin: When you use a vial of duralumin, you can boost one of your other metals, getting two actions out of one vial of metal. (Day/Night)
  • Chromium: When you use a vial of chromium, you can leech a player’s metals from them, destroying one of their vials in the process. This is not limited to vials they are not using that turn. (Day/Night) 
  • Nicrosil: When you use a vial of nicrosil, you can nicroburst another player, giving them a boost for one of their metals for the next turn. (Day/Night)

Roles: 

Spoiler
  • Metallurgist: You may restock the items in the stockpile 3 times per game. The amount of items added to the stockpile when you do so will be between 5 and 8 items. (Day/Night)
  • Investigator: You’ve spent a lot of time learning how to find out information, and you’re putting your skills to use now. You can target a player and research their files and learn their alignment. (Night)
  • Hazekiller: You’ve spent a lot of your time not only training with allomancy, but also learning how to fight against allomancy as well. You can target a player and roleblock their allomancy actions. This does not waste their vial of metal(s) they used. (Day/Night)

Items:

Spoiler
  • Hrovell Potion: You can slip this potion into another player’s drink, binding them to you. If you die, they die as well. (Night)
  • Painrial: You can use this fabrial to inflict so much pain onto another player that they’ll give you one of their items to make it stop. (Night)
  • Shade Gun: This mysterious device has a trapped Shade in it. You can unleash it on another player, and the Shade will force the player to randomly target someone other than their original target. (Day/Night)
  • Attractor Fabrial: You can use this fabrial to search around the ship and look for more items to add to the stockpile. When you use this item, you will add a random amount of more items to the stockpile. (Day/Night)
  • Anti-Investiture Knife: A rare artifact, this knife holds anti-investiture attuned to Preservation’s power. When you use this on a player, you can purge the power from their Mistborn medallions, rendering them unable to use Allomancy. The effects of this knife can be unpredictable sometimes, and there is a 50% chance the player might die when you use this on them. In addition, there is a 10% chance that the reaction could cause an explosion, killing you in the process. (Night) 

Order of Actions:

Spoiler

Day:

Spoiler
  • Hazekiller
  • Chromium/Electrum/Bendalloy/Cadmium/Shade Gun
  • Duralumin/Aluminum
  • Copper
  • Zinc/Brass
  • Votes
  • Passing Vials
  • Nicrosil
  • Thief Stealing
  • Tin/Bronze/Gold
  • Items returning to/leaving the Stockpile
  • Metallurgist/Attractor Fabrial

Night: 

Spoiler
  • Hazekiller
  • Chromium/Electrum/Cadmium/Bendalloy/Shade Gun
  • Duralumin/Aluminum
  • Copper
  • Iron/Pewter
  • Steel/Knife
  • Hrovell Potion
  • Passing Vials
  • Nicrosil/Painrial
  • Thief Stealing
  • Tin/Bronze/Gold/Investigator
  • Items returning to/leaving the Stockpile
  • Metallurgist/Attractor Fabrial

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Aluminum does not last longer than the turn it is used.
  • Aluminum protects you from the anti-investiture knife.
  • If you are roleblocked by an Oracle, the only action that is roleblocked is the action that was targeting them.
  • Bendalloy redirects cannot hit the original target. 
  • If you are nicrobursted, you are made aware of your extra action for one vial. You get to choose which vial to use the extra action on.
  • Aluminum can be used to counteract the Hrovell potion at any point. For example, one could use aluminum the turn they are poisoned to counteract it. Or they could use it the turn they would die from the effects. Or they could use it at any point after they have been poisoned to counteract the effects.
  • The Traitors do not have to use their daily steel vial each Cycle they receive one.
  • If you take an action with a vial that gets leeched, the action fails.
  • You cannot store the extra actions from being nicrobursted or by using Duralumin.
  • The items a player possesses are not announced when that player dies. 
  • You can only pass one vial at a time, and cannot pass non-vial items.
  • Someone who has been Smoked and is Seeked by another player will show up as not having burned any metal vials.
  • If you target another player with bendalloy, any of your other actions that do not target them will be randomly redirected.
  • Painrials steal a random item, and can also steal vials.
  • All items are single-use.
  • Nothing happens if you target a player who is not taking an action with the Shade Gun.
  • Only one randomly selected action will be redirected if a player is targeted with the Shade Gun.
  • You cannot redirect actions that are self-targeting in nature, such as aluminum, electrum, gold, or duralumin.
  • When you burn electrum successfully, you are told that you were successful, but not whether or not someone actually targeted you.
  • Using an item on someone in a way that would cause no noticeable affect on them does not use up the item. For example, shooting a player who has not performed an action with the Shade Gun does not use up the Shade Gun.
  • If someone targets you with the Knife the same turn that you use any of the metals that come after it in the OoA, that action will not be successful.
  • The Thief is also a mistborn, like the rest of the players, though they cannot have another role.
  • Using duralumin will give you an extra action for a vial of your choice the next turn.
  • You cannot use duralumin boosts on duralumin or nicrosil boosts on nicrosil, though you can use them on the opposite metal.
  • You are not made aware of if you are poisoned with the Hrovell potion.
  • Using gold tells you who targets you during the turn you use it.
  • The possible outcomes for the anti-investiture knife being used are rolled separately. So it is possible for both the target and the user to be killed when it is used.
  • Pewter is indeed passive, as long as you have at least one vial of it in your possession.
  • If a player starts with an item, they will only start with one item.
  • Any actions that can only happen during a specific turn (e.g. kills or vote manipulation) would be delayed to the next available Night or Day turn, depending on the action, if cadmium is used on them.
  • One Traitor can submit multiple steel kills, if there are multiple in the Traitor Stockpile.
  • If you are roleblocked or redirected and did not take any actions, you will not be told that you were roleblocked or redirected.
  • The Thief does count towards the Traitors' wincon. They do not have to kill the Thief, but they do count towards the number of living players that the Traitors have to outnumber.
  • One player can link themselves to multiple players with Hrovell Potions, and all of those players will die if the poisoner dies. It does not reflect the other way around. A poisoned player dying will not kill the poisoner.
  • Metallurgist/Attractor Fabrials adding items has been moved to the end of the OoA. I don't know why it was where it was originally, and I have been doing that last anyway.
  • If a Traitor's kill(s) is(are) delayed via cadmium and they are exed the next Day turn, any steel vials they were using to submit the kill(s) would be available to be given to a player who voted on them and/or added to the Stockpile.
  • If Player A does multiple bendalloy bubbles (through having multiple vials or getting boosted), each bubble counts separately. For example, let's assume Player A puts one bubble on Player B and another on Player C. If Player B submits an action on Player A, it will hit the bubble surrounding Player A and C and get randomly redirected. 
  • Both nicrosil and duralumin need to be used the turn before you want the extra action.
  • Players who are nicrobursted are notified that they have been nicrobursted.
  • Redirects and roleblocks do not affect grabbing items from the Stockpile.
  • Using copper and zinc at the same time would not prevent your own vote from being canceled.
  • Hazekillers cannot roleblock non-allomancy actions. So that means they cannot block hazekilling, investigating, restocking, or non-vial items.
  • Iron cannot be used on yourself, but has no limits to the number of times you can protect another player.

Participants: 

Spoiler

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @Biplet - Edeis, a totally not immortal gossip
  2. @Ashbringer - Faleast, just a normal dude and definitely not a shapeshifter
  3. @Szeth_Pancakes
  4. @Matrim's Dice - Dooku, a man whose name is unrelated to anything
  5. @Araris Valerian - Arval, no the other one
  6. @Steeldancer - Leets, totally not the Flash
  7. @Amanuensis - Genis, a little kid who’s too smart for his own good and his AI friend, G.E.N.I.U.S.
  8. @JNV - Kali, another kid who managed to sneak on board the ship
  9. @Archer - Ivory Tarvis, Head Carpenter of The Survivor
  10. @Kasimir - Kavar Aral, a seasoned operative who really should have retired ages ago
  11. @The Unknown Aon - ExMach Inadeus, an extraordinarily lucky guy
  12. @|TJ| - Kranvar, a wanted criminal who snuck on board somehow
  13. @DrakeMarshall - The meme guy
  14. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel, a seasoned veteran
  15. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Levin Venture, totally not a Ghostblood
  16. @Dannnex - Kraval Aralis, who’s way too excited about potions 
  17. @Karnatheon
  18. @Haelbarde - Haen Plaid, he’s still here, I suppose
  19. @_Stick_ - The Stick figure
  20. @Sequence - Sfirm Kryt, they’re totally in the mission
  21. @Bort
  22. @STINK
  23. @Tani 
  24. @Fifth Scholar - Christel Groenloben, a surprisingly cheerful old skaa lady who doesn't act like it

Pinch Hitters:

Spoiler

Spectators: 

Quick Links: 

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

I’m in

Bro! You were supposed to post when I was right there so I could sign up first!! You fool!

edit: on principle you have to put me as the first person. This was your Valentine’s Day gift to me. Now to make it up to me you have to give me every role

Edited by Biplet

Rule Questions!

Spoiler
  • Does Duralumin boost a vial the turn you use it, or the next turn?
  • Can you use a Duralumin/Nicrosil boost on Duralumin/Nicrosil? If so, is there any difference between using Duralumin>Duralumin>Steel and using Duralumin twice on Steel?
  • Do you know if you're poisoned with the Hrovell Potion?
  • Does Gold work on the previous turn (like LG66/77), or any past turn? 
  • Does the Knife roll percentages seperately? (I.e. can both the target and the user die from it?)
  • Is pewter passive?
  • Does players starting the game with Items include vials? Can they start with multiple items?

Also the rules link is just Writeups from what I can see.

12 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

lemme fix that.

And I'll get back to you on the questions. :P

I don’t know if you were planning on using that doc to prewrite writeups for during the game, but don’t :P It’d be a shame if I knew I was dying an hour in advance due to opening that doc instead of the rules one.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

36 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Does Duralumin boost a vial the turn you use it, or the next turn?

Great question! To make things match up with nicrosil more, it will take effect the next turn.

36 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Can you use a Duralumin/Nicrosil boost on Duralumin/Nicrosil? If so, is there any difference between using Duralumin>Duralumin>Steel and using Duralumin twice on Steel?

I would say you can't use duralumin/nicrosil on themselves. It doesn't really make sense within the rules in the world. Though I think you can use them on the opposite one. Like, you can nicroburst duralumin or use duralumin on nicrosil.

38 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Do you know if you're poisoned with the Hrovell Potion?

Nope.

39 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Does Gold work on the previous turn (like LG66/77), or any past turn? 

The turn you used it. I believe that's how I had it in LG66/77.

40 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Does the Knife roll percentages seperately? (I.e. can both the target and the user die from it?)

Yes, they roll separately. And both the target and the user can die when it is used.

41 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Is pewter passive?

As long as you have pewter on you, yes.

41 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Does players starting the game with Items include vials?

PAFO :P

42 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Can they start with multiple items?

Just one item to start. 

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don’t know if you were planning on using that doc to prewrite writeups for during the game, but don’t :P It’d be a shame if I knew I was dying an hour in advance due to opening that doc instead of the rules one.

Yeah, I'm going to make a different version of that doc. Don't know how I managed to do that. :P

23 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm going to continue my trend of borrowing character names from writeups and join as Arval. We'll see if my elderly self can still keep up with two games at once.

I'm just going to pretend that they're two different Arvals. :P

I'll be the IM this game. If you have any concerns or problems I'll be around. I will try to keep up with all the posts and PMs, but feel free to PM me or ping me if you see a problem coming up. On that note, please include me in all player-player PMs.

I might show up as Sivera, a Nightform Truthwatcher keeping track of the efforts to protect Roshar's rights as a sovereign planet.

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Add note

*cough cough*

I'm making no promises about activity, but this next week is a bit lighter work wise, so ILL JOIN IN

Im also not going to read the rules right now because I'm lazy

I'll be Leets, a steel compounder with a spren that's probably a cultivationspren. So original. 

5 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I think Gold was the prior turn and Electrum was the current turn? Maybe it changed between 66 and 77. Either way works though.

I could not tell you. You think I remember my rules? :P

Electrum is a bit different this game anyway, so I like how gold works for this game.

I barely rp'd as Edeis in AG8 and i can admit that was me now so this is legal. Anyway I'm Edeis again, she's a gossip and definitely isn't immortal what are you talking about? No that's not her picture from 1000 years ago, that's a different person that looks just like her

27 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I could not tell you. You think I remember my rules? :P

Electrum is a bit different this game anyway, so I like how gold works for this game.

I remember Mage completely reversing the game with his Augury :P

I like it too. Old Gold would be a bit strong if literally anyone could grab it + Pewter.

Signing up as Genis, a too-smart-for-his-age, much-too-haughty, too-antisocial twelve-year-old and prodigal son of the late, great computer scientist, Turing, who invented many of the computer systems that run The Survivor. Before his father died (seemingly from natural causes), Turing managed to finish his life's work - a pair of computerized glasses equipped with an artificial intelligence named G.E.N.I.U.S. - and hid them somewhere only his son could find by solving a complex series of riddles and puzzles scattered around the ship. Upon their reunion, Genis learned his father was, in fact, murdered. Together, they are now on a mission to locate the culprit and bring them to justice.

Character traits include:

• Thinks he's smarter than everyone and confidently acts like it, despite the fact most of his skills, observations, and knowledge come from his father's AI, not his own talents.
  • Doesn't often bother explaining himself or his actions because "You just wouldn't get it," or, "I'm playing 5th Dimensional Chess and you're playing on a 2D computer screen."
  • Despite all that, is still an insecure, lonely, and grieving orphan whose only remaining connection to his father is the A.I. he created for him. Fortunately, G is a pretty great role model, often responsible for reigning back his unfounded arrogance and unintentional rudeness; inadvertently teaching the human boy empathy, of all things.

"I will be playing this game entirely in character. As Genis, I will address posts that catch my interest, or people who directly speak to me, with simple and straightforward dialogue. Should I ask or answer any questions, it may be terse and direct. The goal is to have smaller, more frequent interactions with players or provide commentary rather than excessively large essays. As such, I may not be entirely open with all my thoughts."

'However, G will engage Genis with my own more accurate, more reasonable opinions in purple text. This will help differentiate my perspective of the game outside of RP lens more clearly, both to ensure there's little confusion and make it easier for players to find the important details.'

Edited by Amanuensis

33 minutes ago, JNV said:

Hi! I'd like to play. I'll be Kali, a kid who snuck on board and has been running around in the vents!

Nice to see JNV among us. 

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Everyone welcome @Experience as my co-GM!

Gaining experience is good. 

I'm also not going to read the rules for a while, but I'm in. 

Signing up as Ivory Tavish. Centuries ago, their ancestor signed an exclusivity contract with a budding merchant company that guaranteed him and his descendants perpetual right of first refusal to be the Head Carpenter of any ship they sailed. After a series of mergers and technological developments over hundreds of years, that company now flies starships without a speck of wood on board, but the contract stands. A freeloader from a long line of freeloaders, Survivor Head Carpenter Ivory is the worst person to have on deck in an emergency, but they're technically a Senior Officer, so the Captain is stuck with them. :P. 

I see a Kel- name and I'm so tempted to steal it :eyes:

But I shall resist valiantly.

Signing up as Kavar Aral, a veteran Mistborn operative on one final op.

Kavar has been around long enough as an operative, seen enough osik that he should've probably gotten out when they gave him the option to retire two ops ago.

But it's always one final op. Kavar should probably know better. It's the last op, the one you think you're coming home from, that kills you, after all.

And maybe he doesn't know how to be anything else other than a knife.

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur. 

This is the way.

Notes: Have not read the rules, will probably wing this, may read the rules at some point and sob in despair :P May or may not be running a Mandalorian from my Star Wars campaign with the serial numbers filed off!

Also, I will endeavour to sneak in at least one prequel or OT meme per cycle, including in my RP :P 

Will do my best to play this chill RP style, may or may not slip into occasional Mando'a, but it will be translated if it's game relevant, otherwise it's just flavour.

You can learn Mando'a if you want to, it's fun. Besides, it's a nice throwback to LG15b where Spirba'ika, Kip'ika, and myself were speaking Mando'a among the aruetiise, though I don't recommend doing that anymore :P Besides, Spirba'ika turned out to be dar'manda and his teammate Araris N1ed me. So much for the Resol'nare :eyes:

Mando'ad draar digu.