“Massive Tidal Waves Plunge Chilean Coastline into Chaos; Cape Horn Submerged” read the headline as Alex sighed but continued on.

“A series of titanic waves, soaring up to 60 feet high battered the coastline of Chile and parts of Southern America. Earthquake, measured at 8.8 magnitude on the Richter scale, originated in western Antarctic Ocean and is expected to send waves as far as parts of Eastern Asia and Western coast of Africa. Death toll is expected to reach thousands and thousands more have lost their homes and their livelihood. Is the worst over, or should we wait with bated breath? That is yet to be seen.”

Alex folded the newspaper back to its form, he’d read enough. “Eva, dear? Pack our bags, we’re leaving.” 

“Oh dear, we’re going to Antarctica, aren’t we?” came her voice from inside. 

“That’s right. Albert, prepare the chopper. It’s time.”

Hello and welcome to MR56: Day of Reckoning! This is a complete blackout game with just the barebones revealed here. I'm very excited to run it, because I love keeping secrets. :P Join in to uncover these secrets and of course, the game will play out better with the higher player count, so I'll appreciate your time. 

For any clarifications, tags yours truly [@|TJ|] and to allay any concerns, we have @Elandera to impartially moderate our game. 

Sign ups will end on Thursday, 10th February at 22:30 IST [GMT +05:30] and the game will begin soon afterwards. Now on towards the rules!

Basics: 

Spoiler
  • Cycles are 48 hours long.
  • Ties in eliminations will be decided by RNG.
  • Inactivity filter exists, and players who do not post for 2 cycles will be removed or replaced. 
  • This is a blackout game. No more information will be given at this stage, other than what you see so far. Information will be revealed as and when events occur in the game.
  • PMs are closed under normal circumstances.

Alignments:

Spoiler
  • Reckoner Allies: You are the uninformed majority. You win when Corrupted Epics are eliminated.
  • Corrupted Epics: You are the informed minority. You have a doc to scheme in and access to one faction kill per cycle. You win when you achieve parity with Reckoner Allies.

Participants:

Spoiler

Players

1. @Illwei
  2. @Matrim's Dice - Orion
  3. @Experience - Emfatic
  4. @Kasimir - Mordred Kasjek
  5. @StrikerEZ - Nathaniel Walker
  6. @The Unknown Aon - Apocalypse
  7. @Araris Valerian - Spark O'toole
  8. @Ashbringer
  9. @Tani - Ricochet
  10. @Karnatheon
  11. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Sonia Biven
  12. @Archer - Skmurph
  13. @STINK
  14. @_Stick_
  15. @Szeth_Pancakes
  16. @MintSilverTea - Zehpyr
  17. @JNV - Eiro
  18. @Amanuensis - Blink
  19. @Thaidakar the Ghostblood - Endrik
  20. @Orlok Tsubodai - Locke
  21. @Dannnex - Joe

Spectators

Pinch-hitters

Quick Links:

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity

Ooh, putting players/spectators/PHers into a 'Participants' box is smart. I'll have to do that next time.

I'll sign up. I haven't played a Blackout in over a year iirc, just trolled y'all GMing one :ph34r: Playing as Orion, a distinguished older fellow tired of all the upstart youth who think they have what it takes to be Reckoners.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

17 minutes ago, Illwei said:

OwO

Whaaat? :P

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ooh, putting players/spectators/PHers into a 'Participants' box is smart. I'll have to do that next time.

Oh yeah, I think I remember someone complaining about too many spoiler boxes and I agreed and thought to limit them :P

Just now, Kasimir said:

Might spec, let me think about this :P

Dw bro, RNGesus will never leave your side :P

Edited by |TJ|

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

I know I am about to run the LG.

But I am so tempted to play this. :P

who says u have 2 play @ 100% tho

full chaotic is the way 2 go amirite :eyes:

who needs rules

it's blackout anyway

just wing it

:eyes:

*Kasimir is not responsible for any ill-effects, discorporations, or TJ yelling that might occur as a result of taking his advice. This is not legal advice. Please seek a qualified SE Lawyer for play advice.

Just now, |TJ| said:

Oh yeah, I think I remember someone complaining about too many spoiler boxes and I agreed and thought to limit them :P

It really is an ingenious idea. Definitely going to be stealing this for LG83's signups. :P

Also, what if we signed up for each other's games? What could go wrong? :P

Just now, Kasimir said:

who says u have 2 play @ 100% tho

full chaotic is the way 2 go amirite :eyes:

who needs rules

it's blackout anyway

just wing it

:eyes:

*Kasimir is not responsible for any ill-effects, discorporations, or TJ yelling that might occur as a result of taking his advice. This is not legal advice. Please seek a qualified SE Lawyer for play advice.

I mean, hey, that's already how I was planning to do it if I did sign up. :P

3 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Dw bro, RNGesus will never leave your side :P

I distrust this coming from you when you want players >:(

Signing up as Kam Sasek. Could you give a tiny bit more setting (beyond Reckoners) info? Trying to decide how to pitch the RP character.

Edited to add: FWIW fair warning guys I intend to wing this. Don't expect my usual playstyle as I'm tired and want my chill, quiet, RPful game for real.

Edited by Kasimir

9 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I know I am about to run the LG.

But I am so tempted to play this. :P

Personally I always play and run games at the same time, but I think my schedule is more flexible than a lot of people's :P Ninja'd, by you not needing my advice

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Don't expect my usual playstyle as I'm tired and want my chill, quiet, RPful game for real.

Has it ever been done :eyes: Once, maybe?

i believe in u

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, what if we signed up for each other's games? What could go wrong? :P

:ph34r: MRs are fine because you sort for get it easy for the first 24 hours. I-probably will get flashbacks to QF50 every time I think of running a QF lmao. Also, we've both got the perfect reason if we roll evil and our activity drops, we can avoid getting suspected by giving GMing as a reason. :P 

*AHEM* GM TJ does not condone any behavior similar to posing inactivity, let me just make that clear :P

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Signing up as Kam. Could you give a tiny bit more setting (beyond Reckoners) info? Trying to decide how to pitch the RP character.

Game hasn't started yet and you're starting to eke out secrets :P Also look at the tags smh, I'm literally making it up as we go [er, the setting, not the rules xD].

Okok so basically some people are in Antarctica, that's it. I'll probably think of something more for C1 write-up so you'll have more info. Is that enough? xD

5 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

:ph34r: MRs are fine because you sort for get it easy for the first 24 hours. I-probably will get flashbacks to QF50 every time I think of running a QF lmao. Also, we've both got the perfect reason if we roll evil and our activity drops, we can avoid getting suspected by giving GMing as a reason. :P 

*AHEM* GM TJ does not condone any behavior similar to posing inactivity, let me just make that clear :P

I think this is actually a perfectly fine thing to do in SE and completely morally correct. :P

6 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

I'm literally making it up as we go [er, the setting, not the rules xD].

Scribbles down notes for a new blackout game

Nah, I still have my blackout LG with a 25 player minimum I need to run somehow :P.

9 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Has it ever been done :eyes: Once, maybe?

TBH, no.

When Evil, I get mad because I feel obligated to support my team, and can't chill as a result. It gets worse when I'm team anchor because if I do chill the thing collapses on everyone.

As a Villager it holds until I mislynch someone, feel bad, and then go all out for the Village (okay, to be fair, I've never gone all out since that's a level of analysis that is tiring for me so I have not had the incentive to go that hardball for a very long time)

Intellectually there was probably one game I had which was chill and RPful and quiet but I've looked at my play records to try to enrich them further and I honestly cannot name a single game where this happened. Maybe Araris's LG80, but I also died N2 so that was kind of necessary :P 

17 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Game hasn't started yet and you're starting to eke out secrets :P Also look at the tags smh, I'm literally making it up as we go [er, the setting, not the rules xD].

Okok so basically some people are in Antarctica, that's it. I'll probably think of something more for C1 write-up so you'll have more info. Is that enough? xD

Put it this way, I'm thinking of a plot hook I suppose. I'll leave it as Kam for now and return with opening RP later, I expect. I'll work with what you give me, no worries.

I sign up as Skmurph, a polar bear that ate the first man off the helicopter and is staying with the team until he gets hungry again, but no one suspects anything because their travel agent told them that polar bears don't live in Antarctica. 

Also, I just listened to the fabulous Snapshot audiobook, so I'm very excited there's a Recknoners game to be played. :D.