Ask Morningtide anything!

Morningtide

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 11:18 PM, Robin Hatter said:

Who's your favourite non-Sanderson author?

If you could commission a piece of art from anyone you wanted, what and who would you choose?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Do you like hats?

Leigh Bardugo or J.K. Rowling

I would commision a portrait of a character in a book I'm trying to write. Discarding cost, Laura Hollingsworth

Probably oatmeal dyed a hideous color of greenish-brown for april fools day

sorta....

On 2/3/2022 at 7:50 AM, AonEne said:

Do you like psychology or sociology better? 

What's your favorite type of candy? 

Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate? 

If you do like hats, do you own any? 

Psychology

Thats hard! Some kind of high-quality chocolate or mamba

dark, unless it Hershey, then milk

I like baseball hats mostly:D. I think I have 5 or so

(sorry for the delay, I didn't follow this and just remembered about it!)

Edited by Ookla the Theoretical

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 11:37 AM, Morningtide said:

I would commision a portrait of a character in a book I'm trying to write. Discarding cost, Laura Hollingsworth

I see you're a fellow fan of Laura Hollingsworth's art. Have you read her comic? 

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

I see you're a fellow fan of Laura Hollingsworth's art. Have you read her comic? 

No, but I want to! I've read everything else she did pictures of. Lunar Chronicles was AMAZING

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

What was this whole thing that a bunch of people did where their username became Ookla The <Word>

I just found this out last year, but it was called Ookla Season or something like that. I'm not sure the purpose, but everyone changed their names, so I did too! Some kind of Brandon holiday I think.

5 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

What was this whole thing that a bunch of people did where their username became Ookla The <Word>

1 hour ago, Morningtide said:

I just found this out last year, but it was called Ookla Season or something like that. I'm not sure the purpose, but everyone changed their names, so I did too! Some kind of Brandon holiday I think.

Ookla season! I joined just in time for it.

• 6 months later...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm 

1 hour ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

If you could choose only one book series to be able to read for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Do you like mistborn era one or two better?

Which raven cycle/dreamer trilogy book is your favorite?

Stormlight Archive because it's absurdly long and will continue to get longer :D Also I'll probably notice new things each time 

I like the plot of 2 better, but the characters of 1. Unpopular opinion!

AHHH Don't make me choose!!!! I love Dream Thieves and Raven King probably. That's so hard though!

4 hours ago, Ookla the Theoretical said:

AHHH Don't make me choose!!!! I love Dream Thieves and Raven King probably. That's so hard though!

Hmmm good choices. For me it's a toss up between greywaren and dream thieves. Actually maybe mister impossible and raven king. Actually. Actually you know what never mind i'm not choosing lol

4 hours ago, Ookla the Theoretical said:

I like the plot of 2 better, but the characters of 1. Unpopular opinion!

I've never heard that before, interesting! For me it's W&W all the way, especially once you realize the parallels between the plots of era one and era two. And i love the era two characters SO MUCH. The era one characters never really made big impressions on me, though i do like kelsier and ham. (That’s his name, right, i haven't read era one in ages lol)

21 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

Hmmm good choices. For me it's a toss up between greywaren and dream thieves. Actually maybe mister impossible and raven king. Actually. Actually you know what never mind i'm not choosing lol

Yeah choosing is hard :lol: Greywaren is probably my second because the other two are tied for first. 

21 hours ago, Ookla the 3 Frogs ina Coat said:

I've never heard that before, interesting! For me it's W&W all the way, especially once you realize the parallels between the plots of era one and era two. And i love the era two characters SO MUCH. The era one characters never really made big impressions on me, though i do like kelsier and ham. (That’s his name, right, i haven't read era one in ages lol)

W&W is incredible but era 1 characters hold a special place in my heart as the first Sanderson I ever read. Elend and Vin and Kelsier and Ham and Breeze and SPOOK!! I just love them all. 

• Morningtide changed the title to Ask Morningtide anything!

Whatever you want the answer to be! Personally I think it's an in-depth philosophical discussion about morality, honesty, and religion and portrayed in Cosmere novels :D

See now this is a paradox. Because if I say yes, then I am wrong because the answer was yes. But if I say no, then I am wrong because the answer was no! I do believe that the answer is "potato" 

I have somehow managed to live my life without seeing any of those! A heinous crime I'm sure. But I have been wanting to see Interstellar for a while.