Verification Issue

Ed Venture

2 hours ago, Ed Venture said:

I've never seen this before, but upon logging into the shard today, this popup took over my screen. None of the dropdowns actually work yet, so I doubt it's meant to be implemented at this point in time, and so I thought it would be important to bring up.

61edc613b8735_Screenshot2022-01-234_17_48PM.png.3cd80eb5a256a5c3daee301ca8ef9682.png

I saw it too. I chose to opt out instead of putting in something that I didn't trust. I know some of the mods here are also mods of the Sanderson-related subreddits, and I almost went to go ask them what is up if I couldn't post here. 

This is a thing the site is generating and nothing is compromised. We did change a few settings last night, though I didn't quite expect it to appear to everyone like this. It is currently improperly set up, as we would need to provide a predetermined list of questions that you could select from the drop-down menu. Since we didn't, they are just... blank. Yay. My apologies for the confusion.

I've disabled the security questions for now. I do recommend enabling Two-Factor Authentication, though! That is ultimately much more secure than security questions, and I highly recommend it. 

18 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I saw it too. I chose to opt out instead of putting in something that I didn't trust. I know some of the mods here are also mods of the Sanderson-related subreddits, and I almost went to go ask them what is up if I couldn't post here. 

I did exactly that.

Edit: @Chaos, please consider it a mark of my high esteem that since everything else your team does for the website is so amazingly polished, I immediately worried in the one instance it wasn't that something was horribly wrong. 

Edited by Serack