Self Intro

Duxredux

Hi all, I'm Duxredux. I've been reading Brandon since picking up Elantris in my junior high library around 15 years ago. I've read all of the Cosmere books and I guess I'm joining the 17th Shard because I've had little observations and theories stewing for those last 15 years. According to the Knights Radiant quiz, I would either be a Windrunner or a Bondsmith.

@Duxredux Hey, welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favorite character from the cosmere? Also, have you had a chance to read Dawnshard? I know some people haven't gotten a chance to read that one yet because it was released weirdly since the first edition was done through the WoK Leatherbound Kickstarter. Also, I'm absolutely a Lightweaver.

Also, there's a group of people here on the forums that run mafia games based on Sanderson's books. It's called Sanderson Elimination. If you're curious, you can take a read at the general rules here, and the signups for the next game can be found here.

• 3 months later...

Wow, I forgot about this, and somehow missed everyone welcoming me.

@Robin Sedai Thanks!

@Not an Ookla, my least favorite character... I'm not sure. Brandon writes some good characters, and even if I would never want to meet them or interact with them, he brings them to life well enough that I pause and consider if the person I dislike is too much like myself. The characters from Dreamer really rub me wrong though, which was probably deliberate on Brandon's part. 

@StrikerEZ, My favorite character probably is the one that I relate to the most, or want to be like the most at the time of reading. That's been Dalinar, Kaladin, Sazed, Elend, Vin, Raoden, Kelsier, Leras, Shuden... Probably more. I have read Dawnshard, and that created way more questions then it answered for me. I've played mafia style games before, and for some reason I usually get bumped off really quickly. Maybe when people can't see my face I would do better. Maybe sometime I'll join, but I really enjoy the theorizing and analysis of the books and magic systems, which is why I joined and started posting in the first place.

Edited by Duxredux