The Surge of Transportation

Trusk'our

Question

Is there a way to allow other items to be brought with you when utilizing the surge of Transportation that is used by the Fused such as the Pursuer? 

Would piercing yourself with metals allow you to bring them with you, since they touch your soul? Could you take Feruchemical storages with you using this method? Would Hemalurgic spikes be able to be transported with you if you traveled this way?

5 answers to this question

If I recall correctly, when stabbed, the pursuer was able to still teleport away, without taking the blade with him. But if it was a hemalurgic spike stapled to his spirit web, I could see that traveling with him because it would be seen as “part” of him. I don’t think the feruchemical would count though

22 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

If I recall correctly, when stabbed, the pursuer was able to still teleport away, without taking the blade with him. But if it was a hemalurgic spike stapled to his spirit web, I could see that traveling with him because it would be seen as “part” of him. I don’t think the feruchemical would count though

What if he perceived it as a part of his body? Like, if someone who had metallic implants gained access to this power, would the implants travel with them, perhaps? Or maybe if Miles Hundred-Lives gained access to this power, would his goldminds stuck in his body travel with him? They don't seem to be rejected by his healing, so maybe he just views them as part of his being?

Edited by Trusk'our

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

What if he perceived it as a part of his body? Like, if someone who had metallic implants gained access to this power, would the implants travel with them, perhaps? Or maybe if Miles Hundred-Lives gained access to this power, would his goldminds stuck in his body travel with him? They don't seem to be rejected by his healing, so maybe he just views them as part of his being?

Can’t remember how the WoB was exactly phrased but there are limits to “convincing” yourself of something. I think the question involved using storm light to grow a third arm. I think hemalurgic spikes would work because of it being attached to your spirit web and how the body warps to include them in places that should kill you. But a mundane piercing, regardless if it’s a metal mind or not I think is a stretch to convince yourself that it is part of you. 

edit: correction, if you mean implant like a hip replacement, maybe I could see that

Edited by Pathfinder

17 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking; something that has come to replace a part of your body and helps it function properly.

I vaguely recall a WoB where a metallic implant was asked in that regard. I tried a quick search and couldn't find it, so I will try more later in the week, but I believe Brandon said it would take some time but would work. Then again I could be remembering incorrectly.