Warbreaker Prime: Mythwalker

Catalyst21

I was thinking there were 23 chapters for some reason, but 22 is the final one.

*cries*

So... Devin would have been a klutz, and that's why he was only average and not your normal KKoloss, and that's why now he's the king, he is awesome?

Then... he might be awesome now, but he will never be as uber-awesome as a normal Kkoloss king would be.

Just following the story's reasoning, and basing it in what Brandon told you.

I liked best old King Dunn, Prince Sarn and the priests' theory that he was the son of the son of the son... of a bastard, so until the killing he had actually been twentieth Sept, or something like that.

He would have been above the fifth sept, as when someone is adopted, they gain about the fifth sept. (chapter 5, if you want to know where I got that) I also find this explanation more reasonable. He then would still be higher than King Dunn, but low enough to avoid notice. 4th sept would probably be perfect to hide him, but for him to still be higher than Dunn.

I think inheritance goes down direct male lines, so the last living descendent of the old king would become the new king no matter how many generations (and thus sept positions) were in between. At least, that's what I got from the chapter where they were discussing the illegitimate heir possibility in the first place.

It's still odd, though. A bottom-level Kkoloss had a stronger power than a Guard, right? He'd have to have been pretty incompetent naturally for even Guard powers to only boost him to average.

So Ralan is koloss Ala Breeze. How does he eat? Such a big dead was made over vvenna's specific dietary needs. Is Ralan perhaps part eruntu, or are the dietary restrictions pure lies from the priesthood (doubtful). I like the idea that lower Sept koloss are interbreeding with eruntu similar to mistborn.

Edited by Bremen

Good points for the end, Peter. Didn't think about the seizures. However, it seems to me, that the whole Demon God plot is left too much aside, even though bthe title is Mythwalker. And I think, too, that the Demon God is good and Hess bad, in a Ruin/Preservation kind of way. The problem is, I don't think the priests would serve a bad good willingly... they seem to think... that they god is a pushover, or just a puppet they can control like the Emperor, and so are corrump, honestly.

And the fearsome apparitions Davin saw at the start of the novel? Hess' doing?

Oh, and I think they're going to the mainland because there Septs are unimportant, money is important. Maybe Devint will learn to be a master thief and they'll get a lot of allies that way!

• Chaos locked this topic