Warbreaker Prime: Mythwalker

Catalyst21

I personally am really enjoying these Mythwalker chapters.

I agree they are very rough, and I'm super glad that many of the ideas were cannibalized to make other stories as those are integral parts of stories we love!

The Khell power idea is a really fun magic system though and I'd love to see that expanded upon :)

@Peter - with the 22 chapters of Mythwalker, how far into the plot does that get? Is there a synopsis of the planned rest of the book that we'll get to see?

Good.

Because somehow I don't think getting Brandon writing what's left, even in a short story, is an option...

Now I can see why Brandon and you say it's bad. But, to be honest, I've read far worse books. And I'm hooked twith the story anyway, even if it could do some improving. I like Devin. Even if he becomes uber all of a sudden. But I'm more interested in his 'human' friend.

And pity Prince Kkeris had to die.

T_T I want another chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

Thing as he has used elements of this story in his other works, will we see the kkell power in another shard world.

THe power must have a central reserve, for the skill while i could potetnially believe it could allow for faster learning, learning or seeing or speaking a word to learn something is just too much, there must be a central reserve that links the power holders. Everything a kkell powered person has ever learned, is stored. THe more thing he attempts the better and more powerful he could become. He is a swords man, but has he used dagger, knives, shields or lances yet.

Chapter 19 is up now too. I really love seeing the roots of Mustborn, Warbreaker, and even a little Stormlight Archive. Only three chapters left. :( Are Alcatraz annotations next or Alloy of Law? I'd prefer to see Alloy of Law next, but I can understand that Alcatraz fans have probably been waiting a long time for their turn. What I'd really love to see are Way of Kings annotations, but I guess those aren't even written yet. Oh well, maybe Brandon will write them while working on Stormlight 2.

I'm really curious about that final priest Siri saw. The other arch-priests are all scheming politicians who probably would use Siri for political leverage if they knew the truth. But, I 'm also assuming the emperor is a figurehead like in Warbreaker, which goes against what the religion teaches as well. Assuming the high priests know this its curious how he could be so concerned with Hess's design. I believe either there is some greater truth to the religion ala scientology, or he's just going about politics differently.

I'm also curious about that priest! He's... well, I don't know. For a split second, I wanted Siri to trust him. But he seemed so... so intent in killing her... I don´t know.

And the emperor... If that many time has passed, I'm starting to think he's not only a figurehead, he's a very stupid figurehead, too. And...

Now that I think about it... this is not Warbreaker... what do you think is the Emperor's Kkell power?

And the emperor... If that many time has passed, I'm starting to think he's not only a figurehead, he's a very stupid figurehead, too. And...

Maybe he's just extremely moral and wont force Siri against her will... um, ya.

Now that I think about it... this is not Warbreaker... what do you think is the Emperor's Kkell power?

Good question. Plus what happened to his father? Koloss are supposed to live very long lives, and the emperor even longer. The current emperor is like ~20 IIRC and he already has a vessel to produce a heir. One can assume the same happened with his father. So what happened to his father? We also have NO mention of any other imperial relatives. Its a very safe bet, imo, this is to contain the KKell power.

Also do we know what shards were supposed to be on this world? Since its presented as Warbreaker Prime I thought maybe just Endowment, the King gives of his power to his relatives after all, however I'm not sure this quite fits as it is forced surrender of power and not a voluntary giving. Then again Brandon could have easily changed his mind on exactly how the shard worked.

Edited by Bremen

Shards. Good question.

I have the feeling that, even if many things have changed, the idea of Adonalsium, the shattering, Hoid, the Shards, the Cosmere... has been there from the beginning, in Brandon's mind. So there has to be a Shard in that word, splintered or not. Maybe two. Probably two, in fact. The dark lord that is supposed to be going to be reborn, and the one who gives the Kkell powers and so.

In fact, given that this has ideas of many books, and not only Warbreaker's, I seem to find all the thing about a dark lord being imprisoned, the amount of Kkell power always being the same, a prophetised hero... more like a Mistborn thing. A Ruin-vs-Preservation thing, I mean.

What you've said about only being an Emperor and no more imperial relatives for the preservation of the imperial Kkell power... yes, that makes sense.

Theory: Imperial KKell power is the power to control the other KKell powers.

While considering the no relatives problem and what happened if the emperor died with no heir I thought "well the priests could just adopt someone into the imperial family like they tried with kkeris". This naturally led to the question, "Where do the priests get the power to adopt/unadopt people." With the logical conclusion that it is the imperial kkell power. Either the priests take a kkell oath or they adopt themselves into the imperial family.

Edited by Bremen

Theory: Imperial KKell power is the power to control the other KKell powers.

While considering the no relatives problem and what happened if the emperor died with no heir I thought "well the priests could just adopt someone into the imperial family like they tried with kkeris". This naturally led to the question, "Where do the priests get the power to adopt/unadopt people." With the logical conclusion that it is the imperial kkell power. Either the priests take a kkell oath or they adopt themselves into the imperial family.

Most likely a Kkell Oath, then. If they adopted themselves, for them to kill the emperor or use a TRUE not-of-the-blood figurehead would give them maximum power. Unless they're, somehow, eunuchs or unable to produce any descendence. And Peter says your theory is correct.

But now I am wondering... Siri is the Vessel, but she retains her Kkell power... even thought she's told she's not part of her family anymore. What about the priests? Do they retain their original Kkell power? And how does one become an Archpriest?

I'm also curious about that priest! He's... well, I don't know. For a split second, I wanted Siri to trust him. But he seemed so... so intent in killing her... I don´t know.

If the rumors from previous chapters are to be believed, his Kkell power is either removal or absorption of other's Kkell power. So he can say "drop ten Septs" and it will be so.

Siri read a book. I'm starting to agree with Peter wrt pacing.

As for Vvenna I tend to get really annoyed when characters who know X important fact just don't mention it at critical times. I'm never sure if the author is being realistic with character behavior or just doing it because the plot demands it. In this case most people there know House Sserin killed Kkeris, so not informing Vvenna just doesn't make sense imo.