Warbreaker Prime: Mythwalker

Catalyst21

For those of you who haven't found it yet, Peter has been posting Mythwalker chapters up in the Warbreaker Deleted scenes section. http://www.brandonsanderson.com/library/catalog/Warbreaker_Deleted-Scenes

It currently runs from prologue to chapter 9. Really looking forward to reading more of this. I have enjoyed the concepts of this book, and hope that even if BS does not reincorporate this magic system into the cosmere, he will write more on it.

@Peter:

What is your timeframe for working on this project? Are you trying to do a couple chapters a week? Is there anything we can do to help?

I put up one chapter per week, usually on Monday. There are 22 chapters total. After that I'll probably start putting up the Alcatraz annotations.

awwwwww sad panda...... I have to wait a week for the next chapter

On a side note:

Thanks for all you do Peter!

Houses, colors and Kkell power. The format is:

House

Association (The 8 main houses list Main, the lesser houses list the main house they are associated with)

House Color

Male Kkell Power

Female Kkell Power

Sserin

MAIN

red (ch8)

Strength (ch5)

Litheness (ch11)

Ddoven

MAIN

green (ch8)

Repulsion (ch10)

Attraction (ch8)

Allain

MAIN

yellow (ch8)

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Mummar

MAIN

silver (ch8)

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Eln

MAIN

gold (ch8)

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Ardovess

MAIN

orange (ch8)

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Vveur

MAIN

brown (ch8)

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Kkeris

MAIN

blue (ch8)

Skill (ch5)

UNKNOWN

Dass

Sserin

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

Healing (ch2)

Edited by Catalyst21

Finally! A topic about Mythwalker! I hate opening topics, I always feel like I am going to say something silly and the thrad is going to be closed or stay with no answers for 'having no point at all'.

I have become addicted to Mythwalker. Brandon might think it's not well written, but it's far better than many things you can find on bookshops and libraries as of today. The magic system - the Houses' Kkells and so, I completely love, as well as the hierarchy that exists inside of a family and how it relates to power-level. What is more, I like the characters. Well, to be more specific... I like Devin's father who hasn't appeared. I'm really curious about him. And I'm curious about how Devin is going to cope with his new Kkell...

I have many questions, sure. Specially about inter-marriages between families and what happens with the different Kkell powers. And about why is it that the Oath is so binding. The last chapter seems to imply it is something more than just words, honor and soul at stake. As well as Prince Sserin's strategy.

I have many questions, sure. Specially about inter-marriages between families and what happens with the different Kkell powers.

From my reading, men and women of the same house have different powers, boys inherit the fathers power, girls the mothers.

I don't think so, but I bet you could read some other unrealeased works.

Read all those, and more (Aether of Night, WhiteSands....)

There are only 2 works (that are available) by BS that I know of that I have not read Alloy of Law and Dragonsteel (@BYU Library)

Edited by Catalyst21

From my reading, men and women of the same house have different powers, boys inherit the fathers power, girls the mothers.

Yes, That I know.

But try to give that a few generations of interbreeding, with boys inheriting the father's Kkell power and girls inheriting the mother's Kkell power.

The, let's suppose... the wife enters the husband's House.

We would have... Houses who would keep the male Kkell power... and a mixture of female Kkell powers which would not be their own.

If, instead, the lower-ranked one entered the highest-ranked one's House...

We would have... Houses with... let's see... maybe 50% males with the male Kkell power, 50% males with a mixture of other Houses's male Kkell powers; 50% females with the House's female Kkell power and 50% females with a mixture of the other Houses's female Kkell powers?

Somehow, that's not the impression I get pron reading the book (or the chapters we have as of now). I get the impression that all males of the House who are of enough rank have the male Kkell power, and all the females of the House who are of enough rank have the female Kkell power.

Unless a parson retains his/her House even with marrying? And so do their own sex's children? But... wouldn't thet lead to conflicting loyalties and a lot of spying amongst the Houses?

That's my question.

Yes, That I know.

But try to give that a few generations of interbreeding, with boys inheriting the father's Kkell power and girls inheriting the mother's Kkell power.

The, let's suppose... the wife enters the husband's House.

We would have... Houses who would keep the male Kkell power... and a mixture of female Kkell powers which would not be their own.

If, instead, the lower-ranked one entered the highest-ranked one's House...

We would have... Houses with... let's see... maybe 50% males with the male Kkell power, 50% males with a mixture of other Houses's male Kkell powers; 50% females with the House's female Kkell power and 50% females with a mixture of the other Houses's female Kkell powers?

Somehow, that's not the impression I get pron reading the book (or the chapters we have as of now). I get the impression that all males of the House who are of enough rank have the male Kkell power, and all the females of the House who are of enough rank have the female Kkell power.

Unless a parson retains his/her House even with marrying? And so do their own sex's children? But... wouldn't thet lead to conflicting loyalties and a lot of spying amongst the Houses?

That's my question.

That is a good point. We do know that they retain their existing power when they marry (Comments made about how lesser house Dass's female power is much sought after in marriage.) So we can rule out adoption into the new house / unadoption from the old. The only solution I see would be that they do retain their house. Not sure.

@peter, can you clarify this either here or in a upcoming annotation?

What? No. I just put up chapter 12 this morning! Plus I dropped something off for the #alloyofline folks last week.

as my kids would say, Sad Panda.....

@#alloyofline what did ya'll get?

@Peter:

A. Do you travel with BS?

B. Do you play magic as well?

• 2 weeks later...