Allomantic Bronze plus Bio-Chromatic Breaths?

Trusk'our

Question

This WoB says that Allomantic bronze could sense sources of investiture that are harder to detect normally, but that it would require a minor “tweak” of some kind

zas678

Can you detect Feruchemy with bronze Allomancy?

Brandon Sanderson

It is actually possible but it's very difficult. There's a tweak that you need to do to make it work and I haven't talked about that yet. They do not know how to do it… on Scadrial. But you can theoretically detect all kinds of active Investiture. Investiture that's being used. Kinetic Investiture would be the way to call it.

Holding Bio-Chromatic Breaths allows one to sense nearby sources of investiture, including those that aren’t active. If an Allomantic Seeker could get ahold of some Breaths, could the interaction between the two sources of investiture allow their bronze sense to detect these sources of inactive investiture as well?

3 answers to this question

Oh, I forgot that Lifesense could feel the quantity and even quality of Breath of others. So, they should be capable of detecting Invested people.

Would holding Breaths mix with the Allomantic bronze power? The individual might just be left with two separate ways of detecting Investiture. Plus, I don't think this is what Brandon had in mind with "tweak"

16 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

What do you think that he might have meant then?

I think this tweak is something inherent to Allomancy. It's possible that it might require mechanical Allomancy to pull off, but it shouldn't require other Shards' Investiture to pull of. Honestly, I don't think it would necessitate mechanical Allomancy either, for eg Marsh did talk about how he learned to figure out which of his emotions were being soothed or rioted, iirc, so I think this is also a trick that can be learned. I think that A-Bronze is a tool that can be used to detect active Investiture, with in-built instructions on how to detect Allomancy, so to speak. It can probably detect Allomancy easier because it's from the same magic system.