• Waiting On A Miracle
    • Surface Pressure
    • We Don't Talk About Bruno
    • What Else Can I Do?
    • Dos Oruguitas
    • All Of You
    • Columbia, Mi Encanto

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite character is Isabella because I’m sorta know in my family as ‘the perfect child’ (as a joke be because nobody is perfect). I’m a perfectionist, especially when it comes to school and I always follow the rules and stuff. (Also I love flowers, pink, and dresses so there’s that.) Though, I don’t have a secret rebel lurking inside of me, waiting to burst out when my little sister annoys me.

My favorite song is… all of them. They’re all good. But I really like ‘Waiting On A Miracle’ because, as a middle child who doesn’t really need any help with life, I sometimes feel like I don’t get as much attention from my parents as my siblings do, though they do do well, for having three other (needy) children. I feel like the song is Mirabel saying, ‘Hey! I’m special too, y’know!’ And I can kind of relate to that.

I also, like so many others, really resonate with ‘Surface Pressure’. As the most responsible person in my family, I’m often put in charge of my siblings when my parents are out of the house (even though I’m not the oldest). To try to get three other human being to do anything is exhausting when they see you as an equal, not an authority. It’s just a lot of pressure on me to make sure my siblings do what they’re supposed to.

Anyway. I really love how Encanto focused on family and mental health rather than the classic bad guy, though when you think about it too much, the plot doesn’t make 100% sense. But it’s a Disney movie with amazing songs so who cares?