Alloy of Law Reactions *spoilers*

Chaos

The government in Sanderson books seem to always be corrupt except maybe when a main character is a major part of said government, and usually even then.

It's usually various degrees of corruption. In the Alloy of Law and Shadows of Self,  the government's corruption models a little to our own. Petty bribes and such. While in the Mistborn..well. "Let the executions begin!" - Lord Ruler. 

It's usually various degrees of corruption. In the Alloy of Law and Shadows of Self, the government's corruption models a little to our own. Petty bribes and such. While in the Mistborn..well. "Let the executions begin!" - Lord Ruler.

I think this pretty fair. The corruption follows levels that have been seen through the world and history, and are therefore exactly the kind of thing I would expect from Brandon.

• 4 months later...

Plus it proves that you were right Chaos. Harmony can definitely read minds. How? No idea. But it's cool that he can.

Also, where is Hoid? Peter has said it should be obvious (to us), but the only person who I suspected was the beggar in black who is at the Yomen Wedding, talking to Joshin and Mi'chelle.

Also, I occasionaly found myself making tiny sound effects throughout the book. And I don't know why, but actually reading the physical copy of it gave me a ton clearer image of Elendel, with it's railroads, canals and skyscrapers, all of it slowly caressed by the Mists of Harmony.....

Also, I find it appealing that Marasi is a more girly-girl. It's kind of nice after having Serene, with her strong personality, Vivenna, with her internal doubt and Breaths, and of course Vin, to see a girl who probably wouldn't run head first into a fight- unless her friends (or a certain more than friend?) was invovled. Someone who perfers the soft life. A Vallete.

Also, I loved the High Imperial, Vindication, and the Hazekiller bullets. Awesome. As was Harmony. And Marsh.

Oh! One more thing- Bettin. He acted.... odd in the end. Could it be that he is not actually Bettin? But instead a kandra, perhaps even TenSoon? A little bit of extra nudge from a certain god.... Or maybe he was shown a vision. But I don't think so. It seems like he was acting unlike himself, not like he was being influenced to say (or do) something else.

Hemalurgy. Preservation could read thoughts, Ruin could send them.

• Chaos unpinned this topic
  • Chaos locked this topic