Just now, Quartz Zebra said:

ah so it isn't

if zebra is an elim here then so am i because

i can't imagine any of these posts coming from anything but uninformed villager at all

i called gorilla and zebra town for the same thing but i called gorilla more defensive so I'm going to call that just obviously god tier skills that i just didn't pick up on

I'm shawn but i need a gus and I don't have one ;-;;

Edited by Emerald Falcon

Oh right Quartz, to answer your earlier question, I didn't try hiding my identity because I avoid lying whenever I can + felt that would be way, way, way too stressful to maintain. I'd have probably been much less active if I tried and I didn't want to limit myself. 

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

1 minute ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Current VC:

Hyena (lots): Just about everyone
A bunch of random words (1): Hyena

And I don’t think I’ve voted yet, so: Hyena

Definitely not going to entertain any ideas of postponing a suspected elim!Mistborn’s death.

Inb4 I've been a Thug the whole time and our real Mistborn is elsewhere

Now accepting applications for Gus:

Name:

Nickname(s) :
(don't worry. in the event that you can't come up with some, they will be assigned to you)

How long have you known me (hours):

Why do you think you are qualified to be gus:

What are, in your opinion, your three best qualities (unranked):

What are, in your opinion, your three worst qualities (ranked):

What alignment do you think I am based on a single post (you pick the post, show me which one):

Any references:

1 minute ago, Quartz Zebra said:

actually i think he's now voting for "our real mistborn"

HURRY everyone else unvote this might work!!!

Edited by Emerald Falcon

3 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Maybe I should have used a different text color for my openwolfing. Didn't even think about the voting thing. RIP.

Hey at least your first choice wasnt blue because you forgot about oog text being blue and then the mod was like wow u rly believe these reads huh...

Just in case.

Amethyst Scorpion
Azure Mouse
Chartreuse Penguin
Coral Swan
Emerald Falcon
Fuchsia Ostrich
Ivory Dragonfly
Magenta Albatross
Melon Dingo
Mint Heron
Onyx Flamingo
Oxblood Beagle
Pearl Chameleon
Plum Rhinoceros
Quartz Zebra
Salmon Meerkat
Sapphire Elephant
Violet Axolotl

Charcoal Hyena

This is my actual readslist btw

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

It appears that, due to my own procrastination and general low skill level of analysis, I now have 35+ pages to read through and analyze. And if we really dive into finding the next elim, there might be another 4 pages before the end of the day. I guess I'll get on that.

Comments: super exciting what I've read so far; I missed the majority of last Night and Day so I don't have the "prequels," so to speak, of this Day. What happened today will reverberate into the future of SE (presumably; I just wanted to say something melodramatic, but I also think that it's true)--and, in the meantime, we have another 4.5 hours to find another elim.

Thanks for everyone's patience with us inactives.

----------------------------------------

Tersin Worsin walked through the half-empty streets, pondering the koloss just outsides the town walls. He had been managing his family shop, "Worsin's Citizen Fixin's," and after a few days he finally realized something was different about the town. Not only were there distant koloss outside, and people within plotting to sabotage the town's only chance at survival...well, actually, that was the main thing. That was quite the concern.

It really just hadn't occured to Tersin that the koloss would really stand a chance against them. Didn't Tyrian Falls have siege engines? And tunnels, that weren't tall enough for koloss to walk in? Maybe...that wouldn't be enough, if the town ended up sabotaged sufficiently.

It was a thought. A thought that impelled him to keep walking, to find some of his business contacts and ask them for advice, and hope to team up before it was too late.

Additionally, if he helped in some way rather than staying holed up in his shop, maybe he could learn a thing or two for the future upkeep of his store. Maybe this new "economics" and "marketing" thing he had heard about, so many weeks ago.

Scimon Tlag's ears popped up. Did someone say "marketing"?

He shrugged. He didn't have much to do the rest of the day. He'd turned in one ballot for Charcoal Hyena, had figured he might as well. But maybe it was time to branch out his sales. If that didn't work, well, he had a few other ideas.

Praise the Ja!

Night 4 - Puzzles in the Mist 

The last rays of evening light fell over Tyrian Falls, and Dyring and Kellehrt still sat on the porch of the inn.

As sunsets went, it was a beautiful one. The ash was lighter today, but lay just thick enough in clouds around the nearby mounts to give the blazing star a reddish tinge, its rays breaking through the rising mists and illuminating both their faces. It reminded him of the cards his brother used to paint for him, landscapes of the dull ash and browned plants and purpled hills which sloped off into the lower parts of the Dominance, out to the Ashmounts and the Burnlands. His sketches would always be different though, abstract one might say, cutting away the choking clouds of ash for fleeting storm-clouds, blue and heavy with rain, and removing the mists entirely. A different landscape indeed. Yet he almost took comfort in his current one, despite knowing that somewhere, behind the curtain of ash and mist, a Mistborn in thrall to Ruin was being chased down, and the rest of his servants were looking to bring the town to its heels. Dyring didn’t believe the stories of koloss. He did believe the murders that were happening in front of his eyes, and the panic which drove the village to his bar every night to dull the pain and insanity and chaos. He looked at Kellehrt, who was still resting, and left him on the porch looking out at the world, eyes glazed over with sleep. He slipped quietly back into the inn to think.

Vincero’s bed was neatly made up–that kid kept after himself better than most adults–but he was missing, probably with Loenthal on one of his missions. The town Lord had spent a lot of time outside the gaze of the village recently, but Dyring could hardly blame him for wanting to avoid the insanity. He sighed, going to his small cabinet of papers. They were mostly finances, but a grubby file labelled “personal,” stuffed with discarded cloth he’d written on and old sheaves that were nearly crumbling apart, was the one he was looking for. He withdrew it, ruffled through, and found his brother’s old card, still painted with the skill he had before he’d left for Luthadel. 

He had remembered this one differently; the real thing was dominated by a dark tower, its only windows high and narrow and menacing, casting bright rays down onto the landscape. A red bolt of lightning split the heavens, which glared the same menacing warm colours as the sunset which still filtered through the door. At the bottom, though, a scrawl in his brother’s handwriting made him smile. He had fancied himself a philosopher, or at least wise, and a quote from one of those Terris journals he had borrowed occupied the rolling brown plains: “If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them–but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being, and who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Dyring flipped through the other cards, which contained similar exhortations, until he felt the emotions seriously well inside him at the memory of his brother and he realised he could not spend the night as a wreck in his small habitation, letting the nostalgia  get to him. There was a task before him. Maybe his brother had been right, and the Spiked weren’t the issue. Maybe it was them. Maybe it was him. Some instincts that had been revealed in the last two days, even among the most vocally anti-Ruin, had frightened him. Sometimes his own stance towards his fellow-man made him recoil. It was too much to consider. He took the most recent item out of the folder, a copy he’d made of a weird and smaller piece of graffiti before he had scrubbed it clean, and took it to Kellehrt outside, who looked up as he approached.

“Tough day, yeah?” the farmer asked. Dyring nodded, passing over the paper. Kellehrt sighed. “Is it worth it, Dyring? Worth continuing? Will we go back to where we were, where we should be, after today? Or even after we find the other Spiked?”

Dyring began to nod, then stopped. He looked back out towards the plains. The sun was fully behind the hills, and the grey, swirling fog began to fill the night air. “I don’t know,” he said after a pause. “But we’ll die anyway, today or tomorrow to the Spiked or twenty years to disease and age and mist-sickness. So you might as well do what you can before that.”

“Which is?”

Dyring grinned, genuinely for the first time in days. “Anagrams of course. No Tineye wrote that graffiti, and whether you find the Spiked or whoever’s been mucking up my walls without cause, we’ll make them pay.”

Kellehrt looked down. The writing was clear. 

aaiublth 1 3

traccasosn 4 10

ircedana 4 6 8

eolnstv 5 7

He smiled too. “We’ll get to work.”

Charcoal Hyena was a Spiked Mistborn!

Azure Mouse has been inactive for two full cycles and has been replaced. Please welcome the new @Azure Mouse

Hyena will edit in his death scene once he has it written. Also expect ninja Loenthal shenanigans to pop up sometime tomorrow when I get more time on my hands. And thank you to Axolotl especially for keeping up RP, and thus propping up my writeups. :P 

Vote Count
Charcoal Hyena (13): Amethyst Scorpion, Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Fuchsia Ostrich, Ivory Dragonfly, Melon Dingo, Onyx Flamingo, Oxblood Beagle, Pearl Chameleon, Quartz Zebra, Salmon Meerkat, Violet Axolotl

(we think this is everything, or we tried to get everyone’s vote. Trying is the first step to failure. He’s very dead :P)

Night 4 has begun and will end in about 22 hours. PMs are open. 

Starting at the end of Day 5, rollover will be moved 2 hours earlier, to 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern / etc.

Player List
1. Amber Vulture Vanilla Villager
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Sidor, newly resigned Hazekiller (Guardsman)
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena Spiked Mistborn
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Aethex (Jester)
6. Coral Swan - Su (Jaist)
7. Emerald Falcon
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Freddie (Glutton)
9. Ivory Dragonfly (Unlucky) (Replaced)
10. Magenta Albatross (Past Lives)
11. Mauve Crocodile (Gambler) Vanilla Villager
12. Melon Dingo - Scimon Tlag (Merchant)
13. Mint Heron - Tivend Elons (Casanova)
14. Onyx Flamingo (Gossip/Casanova)
15. Opal Lion Vanilla Villager
16. Oxblood Beagle
17. Pearl Chameleon (Secret :) )
18. Plum Rhinoceros (Prophet-ish)
19. Quartz Zebra (Drunk/Jaist)
20. Saffron Iguana (Helpful Heckler) Village Soother
21. Salmon Meerkat - Kellehrt, local farmer and possible madman
22. Sapphire Elephant
23. Scarlet Octopus (Neat, Extremist Priest) Village Tineye
24. Sunburst Toucan Village Thug
25. Turquoise Gorilla (Game Show Host) Spiked
26. Violet Axolotl - Dyring (Neat Innkeeper)

Good luck! Enjoy your anagrams! Praise the Ja!

Edited by Fifth Scholar

1 minute ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Good luck! Enjoy your anagrams! Praise the Ja!

Anagrams, yes :D. Never can do them but I sure like to try

Was a Mistborn and not a Thug. As expected. Will think more in the morning, probably, tomorrow will be my least active day

Praise the Ja!

I'm going to start off by saying I don't want to waste a cycle tomorrow discussing me, so I won't be self protecting tonight. Whether the coinshot wants to believe that I won't protect myself or not, or whether the coinshot believes I'm an Elim or not, that they should shoot me tonight. 

Wasting 24 hours talking about how I'm an Elim isn't as useless as wasting 72.