15 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Can't argue with the mech, man. I'm confirmed village there's no disputing it B). 

...try again, please. Just try a little harder to feel checkmated? Please? For me? ;-;

I tried. I really did. It seems you and the village are the ones checkmated, however. Sorry that it had to be you I dragged down in my master plan, but it's been a blast playing with you.

15 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Guys, I still think they're actually rae

Rae is cool and nice. I am not. But I do consider them my apprentice in some ways. In their first game ever, LG15b, I took her under my wing and we had much fun. I'm very proud of her and how much she's grown, both in games and IRL.

14 hours ago, Magenta Albatross said:

So there's been a lot of high tensions and I was avoiding posting to not get dragged into things before now, and I haven't checked the thread for like 8 hours, so, wow that's a lot to take in. I remember people calling for memes earlier so here's two I whipped up.

So I guess we'll have gotten two in a row, about 22 hours from now. 

Edit: I know other people have mentioned the image posting thing but I thought I got it right, guess not.

That Salmon/Turquoise meme actually made me cackle. A lot. Like a good five minutes. Still chuckle when I see it. Brilliant work. Hail Hydra.

12 hours ago, Ivory Dragonfly said:

ah aman

ye that makes sense

probs dont matter really now but may as well put down a vote on hyena in case theres vote weirdness somehow

Ivory come on, you and I both know we don't have that much emotional allomancy.

11 hours ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Hi, I wasn't here for all the drama as I dipped for the night because of a headache. So I've got few things to say 

Hyena, I don't know if this was an attempt at AtE but if you genuinely felt this way during the game, then I'm sorry. All arguments made (at least by me, personally - but also I don't think Meerkat or Vulture did this too) have not been made taking into consideration of your reputation. Reputation calls caution, yes, but always preceded by facts and thread activity. We really don't do threat-eliminations or threat kills anymore. Kel [not Kas, mind you :P] has been back here for a while now and despite a reputation of being a very good villager, almost always makes it to C3 or later. Really sorry if you felt you were being voted out because of your reputation.

This is not true because the main argument against him was D3 voting actions and thread behavior [and from my end, D2 actions as well wrt Gorilla and Iguana]. The claimed scan on you [and the Lurch on him] supports the above arguments and not the driving force behind them. 

My bad xD Sorry Hyena, but my logic was more focused that bussing becoming such a norm nowadays that it's likely to be more looked at than defending an elim. See a large train on red flip? Immediately assume there are a few buses on it - which is not a bad assumption but elims can use this to defend teammates and that'd be looked at not as suspiciously as the bus itself. In fact, you by yourself theorized that you "wouldn't be surprised if 3 of the elims" are on the Gorilla train. Normal to assume the bus, less common to assume strong defense as an action of elim teammate. What may seem as a reputational backed statement [well, maybe it was just slightly reputational because it still takes a good elim to take advantage of the fact :P] was my take on buses being suspected as the norm now.

It wasn't AtE, though I see how me being upfront with my emotions does in turn appeal to emotion or can be interpreted that way. The reputation thing has been a sticking point for me for a very long time and relates to some IRL trauma from my youth. I realize now my abrupt change in emotional tone was triggered by Salmon's abrupt heel-turn in our PMs - which we've since talked about and I hope has been forgiven - but you've definitely helped me realize that I myself blow the reputation thing out of proportion because whenever I get turned against, my brain immediately assumes it's because of my reputation. From the start, I should have refuted the problems I had with how Amber and Salmon reached the conclusion that I was an elim, as I did in my reveal post (please read everything before the reveal as serious game philosophy, I made very good points that have nothing to do with my alignment that should be considered), but at the point, I myself was blinded by my own assumptions, and everything just went downhill from there.

That said, I do think whether or not people consciously take my reputation too seriously, it does lead them to subconsciously expect complicated ploys or subtle manipulations from what details I focus on, ignore, or how I interpret things, where in reality, my ADHD just causes me to hyperfocus on certain details and flat out ignore others. I would have defended Turquoise no matter what as well, I've done it for Straw many times in the past when I believed they were being unfairly exed regardless of their alignment, so my arguments regarding that N1 were honest. On the other hand, it was always my plan to tie my alignment with theirs and get executed myself, though I didn't enjoy how Amber + Salmon got there (again, see IG text in reveal post). I would have liked the conversation I was going to have with you actually got off the ground and pulled more people into it.

I didn't know about the busing thing being normal tbh, I just thought my team decided Turquoise's death was inevitable. I personally wanted nothing to do with it because a long time ago, I bused a really good friend of mine who I love and respect deeply, which caused them great pain, so it's just not something I do unless I have no other choice.

Serious game talk over, back to the fun!

11 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

lmfao

uh then we're reading different threads but ok

Right??? But we probably don't have a clear vision of things, given we're the ones on the chopping block.

1 hour ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Also I believe that Hyena expected to die earlier on. If they didn't I'd expect more content in our PM, but they simply didn't engage with me on a number of things which makes me think that they weren't expecting to live long, and were worried about info.

You nailed it. Unfortunately, no one will believe you. RIP Village Lurcher.

1 minute ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Right??? But we probably don't have a clear vision of things, given we're the ones on the chopping block.

I mean, we're the elims here? so like, we have the clearest view of things smh. People should listen to us more tbh.

1 minute ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

You nailed it. Unfortunately, no one will believe you. RIP Village Lurcher.

Yep that's me

definitely village

definitely lurcher

both of those things yeah

11 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I mean, we're the elims here? so like, we have the clearest view of things smh. People should listen to us more tbh.

Yep that's me

definitely village

definitely lurcher

both of those things yeah

You're making it very hard for me to save you, friend :(

4 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Separate entities, got it :ph34r:

Whoops

should we entertain the idea of maybe letting a coinshot take out hyena and using this cycle to exe someone else?

the absoute worst-case scenario is as follows

1. Hyena is a mistborn
2. Hyena has not yet rolled Thug or Lurcher
3. Hyena was saved by a different e!lurcher

doing the quick mafs, there is an 8/29 chance that Hyena survives, given the assumptions above. 

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

The goal is to learn things, like what parts of your original reads post you made before learning you were evil.

TBH I don't remember specifically. I did like 3 reads but can't recall which; I reordered the list after it was done and doesn't really matter. I didn't look at my teammates names until much later.

Just now, Quartz Zebra said:

should we entertain the idea of maybe letting a coinshot take out hyena and using this cycle to exe someone else?

the absoute worst-case scenario is as follows

1. Hyena is a mistborn
2. Hyena has not yet rolled Thug or Lurcher
3. Hyena was saved by a different e!lurcher

doing the quick mafs, there is an 8/29 chance that Hyena survives, given the assumptions above. 

I personally believe all three of those points are true. I am strongly against not exeing Hyena right here and now :P 

Whether or not you believe me, I did roll Thug last night. I cannot confirm or deny if we have a Lurcher at all, but if we did, they would have saved me to preserve that life for today. Do with that info what you will.

I also didn't roll Lurcher N2. I put in the kill on Octopus when I meant to kill Ostrich. Dang these confusing color/animal names.

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

2 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I also didn't roll Lurcher N2. I put in the kill on Octopus when I meant to kill Ostrich. Dang these confusing color/animal names.

man, lying to the people is mean after all this truth smh

we all know you meant to kill salmon and accidentally typed scarlet smh

9 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

fair enough. 

i think 27.5% is pretty good odds but we'd need a consensus to pull off a new exe so i guess we're waiting.

fine i lied i'm bad at maths

i just wrote out every possible outcome and counted

I think 100% is better odds 

5 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Whether or not you believe me, I did roll Thug last night. I cannot confirm or deny if we have a Lurcher at all, but if we did, they would have saved me to preserve that life for today. Do with that info what you will.

Ha

I’ll take my chances :P 

Praise the Ja!

4 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I cannot confirm or deny if we have a Lurcher at all, but if we did, they would have saved me to preserve that life for today.

Is that what would happen if a lurcher protected a thug? do we have an OOA for kinds of protection?

if that is indeed the case, the exe wouldn't even kill him

seems like pretty obvious bait to waste a CS action on a pointless double tap, but i guess it is technically a possibility. 

I feel like salmon might appreciate getting NKd a little more than he normally does

and if he doesn't think so then he's wrong

also you couldn't have killed either of them until you were about to die because you'd be the last left and it'd get suspicious

anyways

1 minute ago, Quartz Zebra said:

seems like pretty obvious bait to waste a CS action on a pointless double tap, but i guess it is technically a possibility. 

the coinshot also doesn't matter because this isnt' a QF or MR

they can decide tonight if hyena is still alive /shrug

Edited by Emerald Falcon

4 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Ha

I’ll take my chances :P 

Praise the Ja!

That's what my team is banking on. I look forward to the night turn :)

4 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Is that what would happen if a lurcher protected a thug? do we have an OOA for kinds of protection?

if that is indeed the case, the exe wouldn't even kill him

I believe one the GMs confirmed it at one point. Someone asked in the doc and they posted it in one of their mega clarification posts IIRC.

On the bright side, I'll roll a new metal tonight. I'm really hoping for Lurcher so I can self-protect, but we'll just have to see.

Edited by Charcoal Hyena