Assuming we successfully lynch Hyena today (given the open-wolfing, their alignment is more-or-less confirmed), I think it’s safe to begin analysing other players with the assumption that Hyena is evil, and IMO Hyena and Falcon are very likely e/e.

Cuz first, their actions don’t seem to add up. While Hyena was still pretending to be village, he claimed to have rolled Iron N2, which he used to Lurch Falcon, whom he had previously scanned as a village Lurcher. Falcon has now publicly claimed Lurcher, and apparently forgot to submit an action N1. Hyena chose to Lurch the Lurcher who could’ve easily lurched themself. Of course, with Hyena’s E alignment we can argue that he didn’t Lurch Falcon at all, but v!Falcon should’ve called Hyena out on this odd choice of an action. I brought this up with Falcon in our PM but their response didn’t lessen my suspicions so I am bringing it to the thread now. Their choice to protect Azure Mouse N2 doesn’t really make a ton of sense to me either - in our PM they claim to have done it because they anticipated a low-info kill from the elims. However, purely for the fact that Meerkat had briefly voted on Mouse during D2, NKing Mouse is not as low-info as, say, NKing Elephant, Plum or Ivory would’ve been. (Mouse would have been a decent v!coinshot kill though, suggesting falcon/mouse e/e but that’s reaching, let’s approach one possibility at a time). 

Additionally, from Meerkat’s PM summaries:

“Falcon [1330hrs]: >Wants Meerkat to reveal who he thinks Hyena is before he goes

kel [1341hrs]: >Query

kel [1342hrs]: >Hyena isn't bothering to hide and has a distinctive phrase and playstyle, but Meerkat isn't comfortable doing so as this is an AN and especially not comfortable in Hyena's case as Hyena specifically signed up for an AN.”

In hindsight this seems like an attempt at distancing because in our PM, Falcon very much seemed to know exactly who Hyena was and was aware of his rep, while in their PM with Meerkat they seem oblivious to Hyena’s identity. This tells me two things, 1) Falcon, for some reason, did not pay heed to the possibility that Hyena was pocketing them. This is supported by the fact that Falcon seemed to desperately not want Hyena to die during N3, they explicitly asked me not to kill Hyena in our PM. I know Falcon is not that gullible a player, so I’m sure v!Falcon would’ve realised Hyena was just pocketing them, and so would not have been so strongly opposed to Hyena dying. 2) By pretending to not know who Hyena is, Falcon can easily claim to have not known Hyena is the type of player to pull a move like this, thus justifying their apparent trust for them.

If Falcon is indeed an elim, the D3 exe was e/e and that has it's own implications on the rest of the elim team's composition but I'd like to see Falcon's flip before going into that.

Would love to hear some thoughts on this

Let us revive the thread :D 

3 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

While Hyena was still pretending to be village, he claimed to have rolled Iron N2, which he used to Lurch Falcon, whom he had previously scanned as a village Lurcher. Falcon has now publicly claimed Lurcher, and apparently forgot to submit an action N1. Hyena chose to Lurch the Lurcher who could’ve easily lurched themself. Of course, with Hyena’s E alignment we can argue that he didn’t Lurch Falcon at all, but v!Falcon should’ve called Hyena out on this odd choice of an action.

...Huh. That's a good point, actually. Hadn't thought of that. I remember something from a PM that supports Falcon/Hyena being e/e but I'm 90% sure it was from Falcon themselves :P I'll try to find it, as I reread the thread I'm definitely settling on e!Falcon but it looks like I didn't find any of the same points you did, which is interesting. I might post those today, maybe N4, maybe D5, idk.

11 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

However, purely for the fact that Meerkat had briefly voted on Mouse during D2, NKing Mouse is not as low-info as, say, NKing Elephant, Plum or Ivory would’ve been. (Mouse would have been a decent v!coinshot kill though, suggesting falcon/mouse e/e but that’s reaching, let’s approach one possibility at a time). 

I don't think this matters as much as you're saying. Lion as the Spiked kill N1 was on a low active, not an inactive, which fits Mouse better than Elephant or Rhino. I do think the choice is still strange, though ironically I think it erases your previous point a little bit- presumably, Hyena and Falcon were communicating in PMs (if they're not e/e) and they could have decided to let Hyena protect Falcon while Falcon protects someone else. That's not completely outlandish, but it doesn't make as much sense as just letting Falcon protect themselves.

I don't think your points are wrong, just less. If that makes sense.

Praise the Ja!

21 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

I don't think this matters as much as you're saying. Lion as the Spiked kill N1 was on a low active, not an inactive, which fits Mouse better than Elephant or Rhino.

Mouse didn’t post at all D1 and posted one RP post N2. Elephant’s first post was also N2. So…But Rhino, yeah. Rhino didn’t post until way later. 

25 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

I do think the choice is still strange, though ironically I think it erases your previous point a little bit- presumably, Hyena and Falcon were communicating in PMs (if they're not e/e) and they could have decided to let Hyena protect Falcon while Falcon protects someone else. That's not completely outlandish, but it doesn't make as much sense as just letting Falcon protect themselves.

Bolded is what I’m basically trying to get at. Just an odd choice. 

8 hours ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

We really don't do threat-eliminations or threat kills anymore.

Yeah, this is definitely true. I think it’s a combination of smaller games (so threat players don’t have as long to put things together) and a deliberate effort by elims/villagers to keep the thread alive when sometimes half the thread isn’t doing a lot of talking.

8 hours ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

My bad xD Sorry Hyena, but my logic was more focused that bussing becoming such a norm nowadays that it's likely to be more looked at than defending an elim.

I blame this trend entirely on Araris. I don’t actually think bussing has been that common (at least in the games I’ve played) except when he’s involved.

49 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Would love to hear some thoughts on this

Also would love to know why Falcon did not seem to hesitate to trust a Seeker scan?

1. Falcon is better than to blindly believe someone who scanned them is village. There is no progression of Falcon's trust on Hyena at all.
  2. If I was a Lurcher and an alignment-unknown Mistborn claimed to have scanned me as Lurcher, my first thought would be to protect myself because there's a possibility that the Mistborn could be an elim. Here, she has no concerns for personal safety and Lurches Azure instead.
  3. Furthermore she believes in the alignment-unknown Mistborn's claim to protect here, which not withstanding the weirdness Penguin mentioned ["Lurching the Lurcher" as opposed to Lurcher Lurching self and Hyena going for someone else], the sheer lack of concern for personal safety is baffling here, because all things points to Falcon believing alignment-unknown Hyena's words to protect her.
  4. Players who have played Mat's Lord Ruler [MR46?] game will remember Falcon wanting to vote out Aman during D1, but ended up getting voted out because she did not want to vote on a returned player, and then Aman flipped elim and she regretted that decision quite badly. Such a player would be very wary of Aman's Seeker claim and would be very cautious of trusting them.
  5. Players who have played the last Tyrian game [LG74] will remember Falcon was a member of the evil team whose primary tactic was to get trusted by villagers by using the Seeker scan on them, mainly by Seeker!Fifth. Now, as an elim who has won using that tactic, v!Falcon be naturally more cautious to similar Seeker attempts made against her to dupe her in the process. But here, we see no such alarmness or doubt against this move. No suspicion at all against the Seeker claim, which - especially from the context of being on the LG74 evil team - is very very weird. 

One of my main points being this - THERE IS NO WAY A VILLAGE LURCHER BLINDLY TRUSTS A RANDOM MISTBORN, WHO KNOWS THEY ARE VILLAGE LURCHER, TO PROTECT THEM AND THEN MAKE A DECISION NOT TO PROTECT THEMSELF.

2 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Also would love to know why Falcon did not seem to hesitate to trust a Seeker scan?

1. Falcon is better than to blindly believe someone who scanned them is village. There is no progression of Falcon's trust on Hyena at all.
  2. If I was a Lurcher and an alignment-unknown Mistborn claimed to have scanned me as Lurcher, my first thought would be to protect myself because there's a possibility that the Mistborn could be an elim. Here, she has no concerns for personal safety and Lurches Azure instead.
  3. Furthermore she believes in the alignment-unknown Mistborn's claim to protect here, which not withstanding the weirdness Penguin mentioned ["Lurching the Lurcher" as opposed to Lurcher Lurching self and Hyena going for someone else], the sheer lack of concern for personal safety is baffling here, because all things points to Falcon believing alignment-unknown Hyena's words to protect her.
  4. Players who have played Mat's Lord Ruler [MR46?] game will remember Falcon wanting to vote out Aman during D1, but ended up getting voted out because she did not want to vote on a returned player, and then Aman flipped elim and she regretted that decision quite badly. Such a player would be very wary of Aman's Seeker claim and would be very cautious of trusting them.
  5. Players who have played the last Tyrian game [LG74] will remember Falcon was a member of the evil team whose primary tactic was to get trusted by villagers by using the Seeker scan on them, mainly by Seeker!Fifth. Now, as an elim who has won using that tactic, v!Falcon be naturally more cautious to similar Seeker attempts made against her to dupe her in the process. But here, we see no such alarmness or doubt against this move. No suspicion at all against the Seeker claim, which - especially from the context of being on the LG74 evil team - is very very weird. 

One of my main points being this - THERE IS NO WAY A VILLAGE LURCHER BLINDLY TRUSTS A RANDOM MISTBORN, WHO KNOWS THEY ARE VILLAGE LURCHER, TO PROTECT THEM AND THEN MAKE A DECISION NOT TO PROTECT THEMSELF.

Your post seems to assume that everyone in this game can identify Falcon. And also seems to be a bit against the spirit of the game, because you might as well be using your player guess instead of Falcon, assuming that the games you list conclusively identify them. While I think arguments from alignment guesses are valid for convincing yourself, the AN loses something if we are using arguments about specific players from past games.

That being said, I totally agree that Emerald is suspicious and should probably be our top vote candidate for tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

This. Essentially. The 5th point especially sets off lots of alarms.

36 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Your post seems to assume that everyone in this game can identify Falcon. And also seems to be a bit against the spirit of the game, because you might as well be using your player guess instead of Falcon, assuming that the games you list conclusively identify them. While I think arguments from alignment guesses are valid for convincing yourself, the AN loses something if we are using arguments about specific players from past games.

That being said, I totally agree that Emerald is suspicious and should probably be our top vote candidate for tomorrow.

I'm with you here. I don't wanna operate entirely off of player ID. It's against the spirit of an anon game! lol

42 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

These in particular set off alarm bells for me, negating player ID stuff. This feels far too easy a setup for two elims to "prove" each other good through interactions.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo
clarity of tone

44 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Yeah, I debated not mentioning the 4th and 5th points - but seeing as Falcon herself going - "if you know me, you know me doing X or Y is village for me" so if she can use the identity argument to try to prove she's village, I thought it's fair game for me to use it to mention my suspicions. Sorry, I know it still feels against the spirit of the game, but those are my personal suspicions, and I can't just... not state them right? 

Edited by Fuchsia Ostrich

49 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

just wanna say

not sure how i feel about using a player id guess to inform this suspicion

but at the same time

i'm glad that my suspicions of falcon are finally getting widespread appeal

i've been pretty sus of them for most of the game

and it's for a lot of these reasons, even ignoring the id guess

so yeah

2 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Cuz first, their actions don’t seem to add up. While Hyena was still pretending to be village, he claimed to have rolled Iron N2, which he used to Lurch Falcon, whom he had previously scanned as a village Lurcher. Falcon has now publicly claimed Lurcher, and apparently forgot to submit an action N1. Hyena chose to Lurch the Lurcher who could’ve easily lurched themself. Of course, with Hyena’s E alignment we can argue that he didn’t Lurch Falcon at all, but v!Falcon should’ve called Hyena out on this odd choice of an action. I brought this up with Falcon in our PM but their response didn’t lessen my suspicions so I am bringing it to the thread now. Their choice to protect Azure Mouse N2 doesn’t really make a ton of sense to me either - in our PM they claim to have done it because they anticipated a low-info kill from the elims. However, purely for the fact that Meerkat had briefly voted on Mouse during D2, NKing Mouse is not as low-info as, say, NKing Elephant, Plum or Ivory would’ve been. (Mouse would have been a decent v!coinshot kill though, suggesting falcon/mouse e/e but that’s reaching, let’s approach one possibility at a time). 

You're trying to read me off of...something Hyena themselves claimed lmfao

At the beginning of the night i mentioned possibly protecting myself, to which hyena said they'd do so I could protect whoever because they didn't want to think about who. I don't see what's strange about that honestly. i then told them I'd be protecting you probably. then i looked at the list of people who had posted anything more than 0 posts and chose one at random

lol

9 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

as someone who has not thought about who falcon might be at all

i dont think ID reasons are good enough for an exe. 

at the very least you could explicitly say who you believe falcon to be, rather than doing it indirectly by referencing other games.

What do you think of the points I brought up? Those aren’t necessarily based off falcon’s player ID. 

8 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

You're trying to read me off of...something Hyena themselves claimed lmfao

At the beginning of the night i mentioned possibly protecting myself, to which hyena said they'd do so I could protect whoever because they didn't want to think about who. I don't see what's strange about that honestly. i then told them I'd be protecting you probably. then i looked at the list of people who had posted anything more than 0 posts and chose one at random

lol

See but in our PM you left this piece out, and when I asked why you didn’t lurch yourself you explicitly said that you don’t like lurching yourself unless you’re in very real danger. 

1 hour ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

The first thing I'd like you to do is throw out the "Falcon is better" bit.

Now we can continue on.

And yet it's not like i just, put them in my village reads...and let them sit there? I wanted to keep most of my suspicions about them out of thread, but I do think I mentioned some directly to them :P. mostly to Kat though. nothing specific about the fact he claimed to have scanned me, which i think is an important point to point out. If I was trying to get village cred off of this I would have told anyone. I thought about telling Kat a few times but I didn't trust him enough. In PMs i was talking freely though with Kat so I think that it woudn't have seemed out of character for me to tell him.

Kat is afk for the moment so it's not like he can answer these things, and what's annoying is if he gets a pinch hitter then they won't be able to confirm these things and wont have access to the PM. But Yeah.

I mentioned my paranoia of Hyena pocketing me early on, then continued to bring it up, I don't know the exacts but I mentioned vague things and once hyena claimed to Kat, i brought things up in detail that made me concerned about hyena. Such /as/ the lurching me when he told me he always lurched himself, and we even talked about how he plays like that and I don't

First of all, you insist you know who I am, and then proceed to make a judgement on me based on what /you'd/ do? You should know better. First of all I thought my stance on what i view is the best lurcher play was pretty out in the open, with how I've reacted to various other people talking about how they purely protect themselves all the time. I don't like that, I don't play like that. If I thought i was in danger then I'd protect myself, but it's too blatant of a play and if Hyena was evil then he probably assumes either i trust him, or there's no point in killing me when something like this *gestures* would happen, because I'm pretty convinced it wouldn't have mattered how I played, but purely because he claimed to scan me is enough to get me eliminated.

Furthermore she believes in the alignment-unknown Mistborn's claim to protect here, which not withstanding the weirdness Penguin mentioned ["Lurching the Lurcher" as opposed to Lurcher Lurching self and Hyena going for someone else], the sheer lack of concern for personal safety is baffling here, because all things points to Falcon believing alignment-unknown Hyena's words to protect her.

Again, as i mentioned earlier.

Falcon: who do you suppose I should lurch? I'm thinking about lurching myself but i kinda wanna lurch penguin
Hyena: Idk, i don't know how to think abt that, I'll lurch you and you can lurch someone else

perhaps there was more messages there but like /shrug that's the gist of it.

calling me out for "lack of personal safety" imo while supposedly knowing who i am is also pretty funny.

I had actually intended to drop a "hyena" in my PM with Kat right before rollover, but I didn't because I was at work at the time and missed rollover.

Players who have played Mat's Lord Ruler [MR46?] game will remember Falcon wanting to vote out Aman during D1, but ended up getting voted out because she did not want to vote on a returned player, and then Aman flipped elim and she regretted that decision quite badly. Such a player would be very wary of Aman's Seeker claim and would be very cautious of trusting them.

And, as I said, I was. I was cautious, and I didn't fully trust them.

I didn't say so in thread because
 - Didn't want to out them as the mistborn if they were Village
 - Didn't want to make them think I didn't trust them if they were an Elim

Imo i wanted to play the best of both worlds.
Even looking at my supposed behavior in that game should be enough to see where your argument is flawed, no? Specifically how Illwei never trusted him, just dissaproved of the fact that he was getting killed D1 exed when in a normal situation any other returning member would get a pass, and he didn't because people were scared of him. I'm not going to base all my actions on Paranoia. If you look at that game you should see that the main problem Illwei had after dying wasn't the pure fact that Aman was an Elim, but how he went inactive after D1.

Players who have played the last Tyrian game [LG74] will remember Falcon was a member of the evil team whose primary tactic was to get trusted by villagers by using the Seeker scan on them, mainly by Seeker!Fifth. Now, as an elim who has won using that tactic, v!Falcon be naturally more cautious to similar Seeker attempts made against her to dupe her in the process. But here, we see no such alarmness or doubt against this move. No suspicion at all against the Seeker claim, which - especially from the context of being on the LG74 evil team - is very very weird. 

Again, whether I am Illwei or not, I don't play by paranoia. /shrug. We specifically used that to kill someone, and, well. I'm not dead. if he was going to kill me then he would have just killed me. maybe claimed and learned that I don't protect myself but even doing that before killing me opens it up for me to let people know through PMs that someone claimedm mistborn to me. But he doesn't know me, he doesn't know how I'd act.

EDIT:

24 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

See but in our PM you left this piece out, and when I asked why you didn’t lurch yourself you explicitly said that you don’t like lurching yourself unless you’re in very real danger. 

amazing how we lie about things to people we don't trust, isn't it?

Edited by Emerald Falcon

23 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

You don't think reasons stated not related to ID are good enough for the exe? Both are 2 unrelated points to every other point I made in my post. 

not really no

although atm i think i probably will end up voting for Falcon tmmrw, if only because i have no other ideas

but yeah, exeing someone based only on the fact that they didnt use their action on themself? eh, not really convinced.

shoot i think ive had more OOC post than RP at this point
agh
my streak
it's dying

someone RP with me

Just now, Emerald Falcon said:

suppose you're the elim mistborn claiming lurcher and I'm the villager trying to make an ikyk about my protection? why lie?

WhaT. No. A little misunderstanding here I interpreted your post to mean that you lied to me about the fact that you don’t like lurching yourself. 
Anyway, I see now you meant that you lied to Hyena about considering protecting yourself. 

24 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

And, as I said, I was. I was cautious, and I didn't fully trust them.

The thing is you didn't mention none of this last cycle, when they because the subject of discussion. None of your doubts or distrusts or any of such kind. Keeping it close to your chest is okay, but once they become the topic of the elimination, surely you'd feel compelled to reveal these doubts? You even defended them at some points. 

Just now, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

The thing is you didn't mention none of this last cycle, when they because the subject of discussion. None of your doubts or distrusts or any of such kind. Keeping it close to your chest is okay, but once they become the topic of the elimination, surely you'd feel compelled to reveal these doubts? You even defended them at some points. 

Sorry, Last cycle? when we. killed gorilla?

8 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

someone RP with me

But your character doesn't even have a name...

What with all the commotion surrounding the man who styled himself Charcoal Hyena, nobody stopped by Dyring's Inn that day. So Dyring took the opportunity to do all of the work that had slowly built up over the years.

He replaced the shutters in the northern guest room, which didn't close properly.

A section of the floor was stained with vomit from who knew how many years ago, so he tore up the boards and nailed some new ones down.

He finished repainting the wall that was graffitied earlier, and straightened out the billboard that would hopefully prevent that from happening again.

A crate full of glasses and mugs was opened up to replace some that rowdy customers had destroyed.

There were a dozen other tasks, small things, such that likely no guests would ever tell the difference, but Dyring took the time for each, working with a silent dedication. 

Last of all, he swept off the porch. And that was it. The inn was clean, and quiet, and still. Dyring sat on the chair, Elly's chair, looking out at a town that was dirty, busy, and loud, and did nothing. Sometime later, Kellehrt stopped by and sat in the chair across from him. Neither man spoke to the other, and so the two passed the rest of the day into evening, doing nothing together.

2 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

But your character doesn't even have a name...

I LIKE FIRST PERSON DON'T JUDGE ME

have a name in mind, its just that nobody's character has tried asking  ;-;

hey, they got rid of my favorite vomit stain. 

good night o' drinking that was...

Edited by Quartz Zebra