"I love watching High Prelan Ferac's pretty little plans fall to pieces," I think as he realizes his network of spies and informants has gaping holes in it.

"Always so clever and calculating, convinced he could whisper just the right words into the correct ears, and with just a hint of brass make sure the Final Empire ran according to his designs." [Now he begs food off villagers who wouldn't even recognize his name.]

"All as The Lord Ruler's perfect servant of course, no mere mortal could dream of crossing the Sliver of Infinity, but as head of the Canton of Resource his reach and influence were nearly unrivaled." [I'd like to see him try to influence an army of murderous Koloss.]

"For any threat he couldn't talk his way out of, he had his personal squad of Hazekillers, including me, his favorite, who he raised as a child and as a successor." [Not that I'd ever be allowed to be an Obligator, much less a High Prelan.]

"His contingencies upon contingencies let him weather the turmoil of the House War and the financial devastation caused by the destruction of the Pits of Hathsin, but he wasn't prepared for The Lord Ruler's abrupt demise." [May there never be another.]

"He fled to Tyrian Falls to reevaluate, with only me and three other Hazekillers to guard him. Even now he plots a way to implement his vision across a reunited Empire, but I'll kill him before I let that happen. He thinks I need him to enact my own ideas for how the Final Empire should be run, but the Empire is dead and I'll make sure Ferac burns on it's funeral pyre." [I can find assistance elsewhere now that the nobility's stranglehold on power has loosened.]

Elim coinshots are too powerful. Any other role is fair game for them. The village has lost every Tyrian Falls game, so the elim team will be weaker than expected to compensate. 5-6 elims, weaker or fewer roles.

21 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Perhaps a Venn, um, Diagram would help clarify things. Or perhaps not. I'll leave it at bold of you to assume that the GMs didn't take LG74 as a challenge. 

34 minutes ago, Scarlet Octopus said:

inserting myself into this to note that the GM for LG74 directly asked El for a role distro idea (well he asked a lot of people) and he used a role distribution that had been initially generated by El and Fifth for AG5 so it's strange that one might say the GMs wouldn't do this because in a way they did oh they went for the Mistborn madness idea for that AG in the end but the point the point the point is that it was one of the distros they had come up with and they rejected that distro for something more kayana by standard meta and so Kas took it but anyway

i say it as a point of order and not really because i'm interested in this speculation because i'm not too interested until we have more definite info about the distro which will come, like all things, naturally from the course of playing the game because that's what one does no real choice about it now you've signed up oh no

should note since the Elim coinshot distro talk that El and Fifth also had an evil coinshot distro and no, i'm not about to check those as i think it'd defeat the point of this game and really speculation without data at this juncture is pointless better to find elims

thanks for the pfp @Burnt Spaghetti i am pwetty and looking at myself is fun

until death inevitable death but this is the nature of the game as soon as we sign up we are prepared to die and so it is

i regret

this playstyle

help

Sunburst Toucan let's see some id

1 hour ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Lurchers are to the village what Seekers are to the Spiked. The size of this group makes them oh my is that octopus holding a dagger

Lurchers are pretty useful in my opinion. A thugs better, but lurchers can definitely turn games and a kill is blocked by one roughly every other game. I'd say it's more of an equivalent to an elim Tineye.

every step leads unfalteringly to Tyrian Falls

where the eye expects to see the village unchanged, Tyrian Falls as it has always been, world without end, if Warmmha wills it

but, thinks Kellehrt this is an illusion we depend on the illusion of permanency we depend on the assumption that

things stay

the same as they were when we left them

without this assumption existence is infinitely more fragile to see is to exist

or to be remembered is to exist

he has grown up in Tyrian Falls and moved out for a time not wanting to have lived the same life as his father and his father’s father, not wanting to live and to grow old and to die in Tyrian Falls

and yet here he is after all those years, drawn back to Tyrian Falls as though

some connections run through the blood

as though the world is drawn together on silken skeins tighter than Warmmha’s weaving

and the world is Tyrian Falls

and the barricades they are beginning to build; structures of wood and spikes that demand the world keep away, the beginning of the unweaving and the unravelling and the falling apart and Kellehrt is back in Luthadel working the forge

not his father’s forge or his father’s father’s forge where he has grown to the sound of hammer on anvil

like a bell, like the village bell

drawing him ever onwards to the worn stones of the village square

where undoubtedly someone will be holding forth on the state of the world on the reasons for the barricades since the last courier passing through with fear in his arrogant eyes said the Lord Ruler was dead the Lord Ruler was slain and perhaps it was supposed to feel as though the world had ended but there was only the unravelling

only a sense of faint relief

thank Warmmha, the worst is over

he’d thought then, but undoubtedly too soon

if the undercurrent of fear running through Tyrian Falls like the tug of that quiet mountain stream a fair walk away from Tyrian Falls up along the slopes of the ashmounts is any indication

things are still fraying at the edges and wearing down

like whetting a grass-stained scythe at the grinding stone, he had made enough of them, with his own two hands, taking up the scythe had felt like coming home with the ache of memory when he saw the maker’s mark stamped where the end of the scythe met the worn wooden haft

nicks easily removed by the comforting scrape of the grinding stone but the blade was itself wearing down

whispers of evil among them in Tyrian Falls because Tyrian Falls itself was the blade

scraped innumnerable times against the whetstone and ground

to nothingness (Warmmha grant them all peace)

and he looked at the villagefolk as he passed them one by one

Iguana was heckling others about who the traitors (the evil, Warmmha grant him strength, they had to be stopped) might be, drawing off past lives, dreams of past lives, Kellehrt supposed, because

you only had the one, you only ever had the one

he crossed the street, flinching as he saw a streak of rust

not blood, not likely blood, not rust

as though that ancient sin still lurked here, still waited, still descended on his head when he was least expecting it

why did you do it, he was asking again, a child

but there was no answer and there never would be any answer

there were Smokers in the past, yes, but the Smokers like all that Warmmha weaved like his lost years in Luthadel had been there for a purpose and while Kellehrt thought the past might be a guide you had to pay attention to the present

and if the present were any indication

the village square was still silent though many whispered

about the warning, about Wilson’s warning

he wondered if this was what they had done years ago, mind drawn back inexorably to the unexplained, to the unexplainable, to the ancient sin

which lay ever more heavily on him

the thought he would have no children, no son or daughter after him to inherit this weight, this guilt

was cold comfort as he walked on through the village square, seeking

as always, answers

§

it is not always possible to add one's thoughts to RP especially when u have prewritten some of it so i will just add that having at last steeled myself to do my duty and make a proper read of the thread despite the dread of going through wrangling about distro i have more thoughts

swan not wrong about pointless element to the discussion but i suppose i ramble and have already made my distaste for excessive role speculation clear 

no idea about village seekers but if we do have them expect spiked smokers

always possibility of v smokers and if too many, we should begin to suspect vote manip or seeks on the elim end but v honestly they may be there to nerf village seeker and to give a place for the elim smoker to hide

i say the because usual for elims to have at least one smoker on tyrian rules because seeker finds both role and alignment which is a hell of a thing

expect the usual countersmoking tactics if they think like claincy's AG team which yea we dk anything about that yet im just thinking aloud god i hate this playstyle why did i make myself do this instant word vomit into the thread very nice

since we are already on LG74 which will hang over us like the curtains i haven't washed i feel it is important to say we let the seeker do their thing if they exist but our job is to find the elims if we can don't overrely on the seeker LG74 spent too much time waiting for village seeker to bail them out and they didn't have a seeker we have to act as if there is no seeker so if there is one it is a bonus nothing more

the nice thing about AG distros is that its like clockwork which is that having some info allows us to infer some other info b/c it's usually about balancing elements of the game and the fact there is an extensive Tyrian style playhistory means there is precedent to infer about (even if we don't expect gms will pull wholesale)

at which point it is good to remind that Fifth and El have at last check a slightly more orthodox distro doctrine in terms of surprises (cf whatever i said about kas using a distro that was actually initially theirs) so in that sense i would regard lg74 as being directly within el's and fifth's gm meta but lesbehonest we don't play this to guess the gm and i don't know el or fifth enough to guess them and am not inclined to play that game

now that i have read, while i would like to see more from Sunburst Toucan, especially some id, u are spared for the moment as Pearl Chameleon's vote raises my hackles being either banal or performative

it is trivially true that each game will generally not recycle the distro of the previous game (my comments on el and fifth having churned the distro for lg74 notwithstanding) and voting on a player for trying to base a distro strongly on lg74 just reeks of being performative or opportunistic

yes it's a d1 vote i will grant d1 votes tend to be weird but that one especially read just like a reason to slap an easy vote down and appear to be participating and my gut dislikes this so what can u do im just gonna go with my gut

i like Octopus's line of thought so far in general and am agreed that it's good to have an idea of exlo but imo, wait a night

nks and vote manips and all sorts of things will let us make more inferences about distro then we can make a better projection of when hello lylo is and when we need to get more worried than we should already be

not so sure on Scorp yes elim Coinshots are powerful but as said, el and fifth have had distros starring them before and they did the all Mistborn AG so that was wild and i'm not going to really rule things out. el-fifth-wilson gm-im team is pretty 1337 y'all they can come up with some wild out there stuff

i wouldn't think of

but again and again im of the wait and see mind and im rambling more so im gonna stop here and go sleep

The door to Dyring's Inn creaked open as a man careened inwards. He eyes were haggard and ringed in inky tattoos that marked him a once-obligator, his face was weathered and prematurely aged, his mauve coat was missing most of its buttons.

"Best inn in town!" he announced joyously in greeting to the room. "Or was that the Letter Sixteen..." A look of puzzlement flitted across his face and was gone with a shrug. He plunked down into an empty seat. He had the good fortune to find a seat which was already furnished with a glass half-full of milk, which he topped up with a flask of dubious provenance and then drank, and three boxings, which he scooped up.

"Why's everybody look so mad today? Are we doin' a bar fight...?" he asked brightly. It certainly looked that way. He eyed the scene speculatively. He didn't recognize any of the contenders. They were dressed in pearl, saffron, and sunburst.

"If I had to, I'd wager against that one," his finger stabbed out. "The one in Pearl."

"Three boxings, any takers?"

Scimon Tlag quickly went through the many pockets of is over-large cloak. String - check. Boxings - check. Fake boxings - check. Brass flakes - check. Silver flakes - check. Ashleaf flakes - check. Bologna sandwich - check. Random history facts - check. Sugarleaf flakes - erh, best not to wave about that one. Qui- best not to think about that one, actually. Tlag knew a Tyrian falls had a reputation for Allomancers, and while that made it a unique place to sell certain materials, it also meant, well, Allomancers. He didn't quite believe that the more mental ones could read minds, but he didn't want to find out on this adventure.

Anything else? A spare sandwich and some minty alcohol, but that was for him. He had more stuff in his room. And in his cart. The majority and most interesting of his goods were outside, in his little camp outside town. But Scimon Tlag knew when to leave a town and when to stay in town. A horrible collision of rampaging koloss, terrified villagers, and secret saboteurs? Stay. Definitely stay. Far too many variables for sneaking out of town to be a viable strategy.

Plus, all of those groups had one thing in one common.

Well, that was rampaging bloodthirst. Which sometimes was a viable strategy for a sales pitch. But forgetting the koloss - even Scimon Tlag wasn't insane enough to try and trade with a koloss - they were all desperate. Desperate people buy things. Buy things they wouldn't normally need. Buy things they wouldn't normally want. Buy things they wouldn't normally disregard the lack of legality. And Scimon Tlag, well, he was desperate enough to sell them all.

Tlag patted his pockets one more time and went to find someone suitably desperate.

As the resident salesman of random history facts, Kasimir's LG74 was in fact set in Fallion's Tears, not Tyrian Falls. Even if Tearion Falls seems somewhat similar and analogous. In other words, I agree with the sentiment that LG74 probably isn't a great judge of what this game's distribution will be. I wouldn't be surprised if something unpredictable occurs, but a similar setup is unlikely in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

so the most reliable takeaway is that it is likely two thirds of us have roles

Let it be known that I predict this game is all vanilla with a single mistborn :)

2 hours ago, Turquoise Gorilla said:

I'm not sure about elims, but I'd say there's likely one kill role (coinshot/mistborn) among them

You have earned one half (½) of a Village Point!

I don't think an elim would sort elim!coinshot and elim!mistborn into the same bucket. Both are possible, but one is a much bigger deal than the other.

1 hour ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Lurchers are to the village what Seekers are to the Spiked. The size of this group makes them oh my is that octopus holding a dagger

How do you mean? I can't really figure a correspondence between Lurchers and Seekers rn.

Now that I look closer, that octopus really is armed to it's largely metaphorical teeth.

14 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

now that i have read, while i would like to see more from Sunburst Toucan, especially some id, u are spared for the moment as Pearl Chameleon's vote raises my hackles being either banal or performative

it is trivially true that each game will generally not recycle the distro of the previous game (my comments on el and fifth having churned the distro for lg74 notwithstanding) and voting on a player for trying to base a distro strongly on lg74 just reeks of being performative or opportunistic

yes it's a d1 vote i will grant d1 votes tend to be weird but that one especially read just like a reason to slap an easy vote down and appear to be participating and my gut dislikes this so what can u do im just gonna go with my gut

Is not every first vote in this game a little performative? A little too much? Banal, as you say? We play this game time and time again, and every time one of the first voters is deemed lazy or reaching for a reason to vote. Of course the first vote is going to be a stretch. I had maybe five posts to work with at the time I was composing my first post. I wanted to spur on discussion (forgive me for my previous spelling error last time I spoke of this), and voting, even for a reason some might find unconvincing, can, will, and has sparked discussion. 

As for my reasoning, you are correct that it is a little contrived. I was specifically looking for something, anything really, that I could use to justify a vote. Because I believe that getting the voting going early is imperative for our chances at victory. Waiting till the last minute to vote and decide who the candidates are has never been something I enjoy doing. And these first days often have a tendency to start slow and stay slow when no one is willing to be brave and vote. So I voted as I did. 

6 minutes ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

Now that I look closer, that octopus really is armed to it's largely metaphorical teeth.

I am armed to my beak.

Pearl just feels... slimy. Not outright elim, but very evasive. I do understand that they are trying to conceal their identity, but the way they're responding feels just backtracky enough but also overly defensive. Might just be tunneling here.

1 minute ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Is not every first vote in this game a little performative? A little too much? Banal, as you say? We play this game time and time again, and every time one of the first voters is deemed lazy or reaching for a reason to vote. Of course the first vote is going to be a stretch. I had maybe five posts to work with at the time I was composing my first post. I wanted to spur on discussion (forgive me for my previous spelling error last time I spoke of this), and voting, even for a reason some might find unconvincing, can, will, and has sparked discussion. 

really? because i can name you first votes that aren't banal or reaching: games where people argued a player elim-slipped (illwei's first game iirc) which was not a banal claim and could have been true but was ultimately shown to be false, games where players did something kayana like claiming d1 seeker and got voted for it (eol)...

the point is that it is not just banal, if u want me to be sharper about my accusation, i dislike your vote because it is based on something NAI and bad reasoning ("the past will be a good guide to the present" is arguably not necessarily bad reasoning either given the GMs here churned the distro for LG74, though i don't suppose Iguana knew that, even if it's not a line of reasoning i think is productive) - but the point is that bad reasoning doesn't necessarily make someone an elim 

villagers too are capable of bad reasoning or bad play

just look at mat's tunnelling or that azbantium-grade tunnel szeth constructed on archer and szeth insisting on reasoning by role distro in mat's game

fwiw szeth was in fact contextually right that all villagers were thugs but that's besides the point

the point is that first, the reasoning u cite is trivially true, and second, not only is it trivially true, but if it were not trivially true, u are voting a player for bad reasoning and without the commonsense check if bad reasoning makes them elim and that's sus to me because it looks like u aren't especially concerned with whether or not u r finding elims, only with the appearance of doing so - and that's an elim mentality right there

but that being said i don't like how fast people are also putting votes on u alongside me, i was ok with adding more pressure but this is really early for a train to coalesce so i am going to think about this and come back when i have actually had sleep

insomnia is a hell of a drug

8 minutes ago, Scarlet Octopus said:

I am armed to my beak.

Pearl just feels... slimy. Not outright elim, but very evasive. I do understand that they are trying to conceal their identity, but the way they're responding feels just backtracky enough but also overly defensive. Might just be tunneling here.

hehehehe, i am pretty slimy, since im a chameleon. get it??

are chameleons actually slimy? i don’t actually know

for what it’s worth, my reasoning for my first vote is 100% fullproof and also was a complete shot in the dark. and also saffron iguana

6 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

really? because i can name you first votes that aren't banal or reaching: games where people argued a player elim-slipped (illwei's first game iirc) which was not a banal claim and could have been true but was ultimately shown to be false, games where players did something kayana like claiming d1 seeker and got voted for it (eol)...

the point is that it is not just banal, if u want me to be sharper about my accusation, i dislike your vote because it is based on something NAI and bad reasoning ("the past will be a good guide to the present" is arguably not necessarily bad reasoning either given the GMs here churned the distro for LG74, though i don't suppose Iguana knew that, even if it's not a line of reasoning i think is productive) - but the point is that bad reasoning doesn't necessarily make someone an elim 

just look at mat's tunnelling or that azbantium-grade tunnel szeth constructed on archer and szeth insisting on reasoning by role distro in mat's game

fwiw szeth was in fact contextually right that all villagers were thugs but that's besides the point

the point is that first, the reasoning u cite is trivially true, and second, not only is it trivially true, but if it were not trivially true, u are voting a player for bad reasoning and without the commonsense check if bad reasoning makes them elim and that's sus to me because it looks like u aren't especially concerned with whether or not u r finding elims, only with the appearance of doing so - and that's an elim mentality right there

but that being said i don't like how fast people are also putting votes on u alongside me, i was ok with adding more pressure but this is really early for a train to coalesce so i am going to think about this and come back when i have actually had sleep

insomnia is a hell of a drug

that’s a lot of words

i am trying to find elims, i’ll tell you that. my first vote was pretty shoddy, ill give you that. you are right that i hadn’t considered that just having bad reasoning (in my perfectly imperfect opinion) doesn’t make someone evil. just makes them…not sound perfectly fine and dandy

I had anticipated my vote would be the second one to land on Chameleon, but as you can see I haven't retracted it on account of it actually being the third.

Sorry for that, Chameleon.

You will have to take me at my word when I say I am someone who believes that D1 votes should have teeth. Or beaks, I suppose, if you are an octopus. The sooner the vote becomes something where people can actually envision a particular outcome for, and maybe react to that outcome, the better.

If anyone doesn't like that there are three votes on Chameleon right now, well then I urge them to cast a vote for someone else :D except me

Let me just say I'm absolutely in love with the new Chartreuse Penguin (Great work Wilson!) :P The original looked sad :( This one's a vibe; reading Oathbringer by the fireplace with a cuppa joe :rolleyes: And it's ACTUALLY chartreuse. (Was the old one chartreuse? I can't recall so it probably wasn't :P)

Vote count? Vote count! 

Pearl Chameleon(3): Scarlet Octopus, Salmon Meerkat, Mauve Crocodile
Violet Axolotl(1): Chartreuse Penguin

I'm usually fairly talkative in-thread which you have no way of confirming :P but this time I've decided to be less verbose a playstyle change that means nada in an anon game. 

Would love to be PM'd, gonna go shoot a few myself now :P

edit: I MISSED ANENTIRE PAGE MY VOTE COUNT IS MESSE DUP

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin
my vote count was so so so wrong oh my god im cryig n

1 hour ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Pearl Chameleon(3): Scarlet Octopus, Salmon Meerkat, Mauve Crocodile

I'm usually fairly talkative in-thread which you have no way of confirming :P but this time I've decided to be less verbose a playstyle change that means nada in an anon game. 

Would love to be PM'd, gonna go shoot a few myself now :P

edit: I MISSED ANENTIRE PAGE MY VOTE COUNT IS MESSE DUP

sweet warmmha's mandibles i swear i legit thought swan had voted chameleon and was going 'this is a 4 vote train and this isn't even the 24 hour mark is this too easy is this patji all over again'

but ur right swan didn't so that's three votes huh

geuss ur not the only one with messed up votecounts fierfek

"Heartfeel" Reads (minimal logic, emotion-based instinct reactions - subject to change as new posts roll in - list order does not matter)

• Coral Swan: Coral's opening posts felt pure to me, and I agree with everything they've said. Will reevaluate later, but I'm removing them from my D1 pool of suspects.
  • Saffron Iguana: Like Pearl and Coral, I don't believe past AG distros will have an impact on this game (or if they do, we'd never be able to predict without info from deaths). Casting their opening post aside, their lighthearted tone is disarming, and their question to Pearl about Seekers being strong for elims feels like genuine solving / seeking. 
  • Magenta Albatross: I'm getting relatively new player vibes, and their questions don't seem to be forced (like a spiked might do in thread for credit). Leaning village.
  • Scarlet Octopus: Font choice makes their content more difficult to parse than I'd like, but I like how thorough their initial vote was. Their subsequent tunneling of Pearl is both offputting and reassuring. Leaning village for now, though I'd like your opinions on more players @Scarlet Octopus.
  • Salmon Meerkat: Oh boy, I both love and hate Salmon already (no offense on the hate :P). Your posts are like chaos incarnate; fortunately, I found your post with the Sunburst vote to be Chaotic Good rather than Chaotic Evil. Leaning village for now, though I expect your chosen playstyle will cause me difficulty in the future :P
  • Chartreuse Penguin: I would like to see more than a vote count and a vote on an inactive. @Chartreuse Penguin why Violet? More importantly, why not anyone that's posted?
  • Emerald Falcon: "brain no worky" @Emerald Falcon is it working now? Any thoughts?
  • Fuchsia Ostrich: Although their first post was tiny (RP nonwithstanding), their nonchalance toward number of spiked is comforting somehow. Very light village read.
  • Mauve Crocodile: For the most part, my read of Mauve was pure neutral. I'm not sure how I feel about the retraction off Pearl and subsequent encouragement for people to vote elsewhere. Possible E/E?
  • Melon Dingo: one post, one analyzable paragraph, and its RP semantics :(@Melon Dingo do you have any opinions on the players so far?
  • Oxblood Beagle: Only responded to Emerald's "brain no worky" with "mood." PLZ GIB MOAR @Oxblood Beagle
  • Pearl Chameleon: If I had to vote at the same point as Pearl, I'd probably have done the same as them for the same reason. I have more thoughts on their posts since being put on the defensive, but I'll need to do a proper analysis isolation of the people involved before I take one stance or another. 
  • Turquoise Gorilla: Amusing RP, albeit NAI. Need more (or longer posts) to establish a baseline feel. @Turquoise Gorilla
  • Amethyst Scorpion: Hm, this might be the player with my least favorite opening post. Not a fan of the firm language (I.E. "so the elim team will be weaker.") Possible slip?

I'm limited on time at the moment, so I'll be cutting this post here. Some of the placements above are kinda up in the air after reading page 2, although I'll need a good hour to sit down and process everything before I figure out where they land. At the very least, here are my first impressions! Keep the posts coming please <3

The following players have not posted.

1. @Amber Vulture
  2. @Azure Mouse
  3. @Ivory Dragonfly
  4. @Mint Heron
  5. @Onyx Flamingo
  6. @Opal Lion
  7. @Plum Rhinoceros
  8. @Quartz Zebra
  9. @Sapphire Elephant
  10. @Sunburst Toucan
  11. @Violet Axolotl

Pearl Chameleon(3): Scarlet Octopus, Salmon Meerkat, Mauve Crocodile
Amethyst Scorpion(1): Charcoal Hyena

Edited by Charcoal Hyena

36 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Chartreuse Penguin: I would like to see more than a vote count and a vote on an inactive. @Chartreuse Penguin why Violet? More importantly, why not anyone that's posted?

same reason you pinged em :P although in hindsight I should've pinged them along with the vote too. And as for why not anyone that's posted, it was partly because I somehow missed the existence of an entire page's worth of posts, and partly because I just didnt want to vote on anyone active right at that moment (in case anybody missed it, the initial vote count that I posted was only reflective of the first page). From my very wrong perspective, the vote was split three ways so I thought it'd be fun to have it split FOUR ways :P 

Charcoal Hyena

Before anyone demands for a reason, this is largely just gut :P Their first ever post being this big reads list kinda rubs me the wrong way cuz on one hand it's always great n all to have reads, but it's also often used by elims early in the game to gain village cred cuz they can always switch their reads up after this because 'it's only Day 1' and also this sneaky statement here just throws em all out the window dont it? :P Non-committal vibe

36 minutes ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Some of the placements above are kinda up in the air after reading page 2

Pearl Chameleon(3): Scarlet Octopus, Salmon Meerkat, Mauve Crocodile
Charcoal Hyena(1): Chartreuse Penguin
Amethyst Scorpion(1): Charcoal Hyena

edit: This is a weird question Hyena, but why didn't you write Plum Rhinoceros' name in bold under the inactives' list while everyone else's name is bolded? :eyes:

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin

he did not know

whether there were answers to be had, not now, not soon, not ever

but Warmmha was saying, you have to stop them, you know

and wasn’t it worrying when God sounded casual, or even concerned, or as though He was commenting about the weather when what he really meant was that something had to be done about the rot

eating away at the heart of Tyrian Falls

like the rotten core of an apple

and Kellehrt didn’t know

didn’t know if they were to be found or how to find them, didn’t know if their evil showed, the way his father’s evil had not, not until it was too late, not until the midnight hours of self-flagellation in Luthadel where he asked himself if he should have known

where the wayward glances of Tyrian Falls then asked how could they have not known

and he wondered sometimes if it was that which killed his mother

being asked to answer for the unanswerable, to account for the unaccountable

to bear the unbearable

because his father certainly wasn’t able to bear it though in Kellehrt’s mind even now as ever he stood there, distant, unflappable as though none of the insults and scorn heaped upon them mattered and

what he did was wrong, Warmmha says, and Kellehrt knows that, knows that to his marrow and tainted bones

but it feels a little better, the lifting of a pall at dusk, to hear God himself damn his father

as though it were not Kellehrt’s place to damn him

as though the damnation of a God is easier to bear than the damnation of men

and all of that doesn’t matter as he walks through the silent streets of Tyrian Falls and marks the silence and wonders if silence hides evil or lurking death

Wark had talked about this, once, when the watch in Luthadel had brought in a child-killer

pleasant as you please, Wark said, calmly, peeling at the wood he was whittling with his knife shavings curling to the floor golden-brown as though he was cutting an apple, removing the bitter skin

as though he was talking about the commonplace and not the Luthadel Cutter

you really wouldn’t have known, he added, that he was capable of this sort of thing

three families murdered in their sleep and a young girl’s throat cut in an Ironside smile and Kellehrt didn’t understand how you took in that kind of darkness and talked about it (Warmmha forbid) as though it was commonplace and quite ordinary

as though it was the grey of thunder, the morning light

the crackling of the fire as he shed his boots before bed

maybe evil lurked about them in the villagefolk calling out

denunications

maybe it lurked in the silent

Kellehrt wasn’t sure yet though he had his own misgivings and really they needed to see who leaped to whose defence, who spoke to whom, and all of that

Warmmha never set easy tasks

but God never did, you never asked God why, or complained, He made sure you were equal to the burden

so he told himself those sleepless nights in Luthadel and again, on returning to Tyrian Falls

where that old sin was buried though some whispered of it still, memory running deeper than old roots in Tyrian Falls untouched by time

where some mornings you could believe, stepping out through your front door and past the raised wood of your doorstep

that you were back

where it all began

§

Chameleon, Amber Vulture, more to say have you? i seen you

3 hours ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

I'm limited on time at the moment, so I'll be cutting this post here. 

Hey Hyena, are you a singularly focused herb collector, because based on the size of that post I disagree, it seems you have a lot of thyme! Thank you for the reads list. You may want to consider using a quote box for them to differentiate your reads and votes if you're planning on using red and green. 

7 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

i am trying to find elims, i’ll tell you that. my first vote was pretty shoddy, ill give you that. you are right that i hadn’t considered that just having bad reasoning (in my perfectly imperfect opinion) doesn’t make someone evil. just makes them…not sound perfectly fine and dandy

I think wanting to start the voting early is a good approach, but I question the contrast between your strong argument earlier and your retraction now. I'd be willing to believe that an opinionated villager would write as unusually much as you did about their first vote if they thought they were on to something, but I feel like that type of individual would have seen the subsequent pushback as confirmation that they were right and not be as introspective as you have been. 

7 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

As the resident salesman of random history facts, 

If your prices are reasonable, I would like to buy another please! If they aren't, put it on my tab. 

9 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

@Burnt Spaghetti

Sunburst Toucan let's see some id

Hard to tell if that's the government issued variety or the Freudian kind. 

9 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Elim coinshots are too powerful. 

This theory will be tested soon enough, assuming our Coinshot chooses to shoot tonight. 

7 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

How do you mean? I can't really figure a correspondence between Lurchers and Seekers rn.

A Village Lurcher must predict the Spiked's target to be successful. A Spiked Seeker must find a role worth killing to be really successful, such as the Coinshot, otherwise their job is relegated to checking potential Night Kill targets to see if they are Thugs or not. The common connection is both face low odds of success because there are many players they might target who would waste their time, either because the Spiked target someone else with their kill, or because they scan as a Regular villager. When the teams are swapped, their abilities become more powerful. A Village Seeker can check alignments and a Spiked Lurcher can protect their most suspected teammates, which is a much smaller pool. 

My power rankings for the Spiked would be Coinshot, Mistborn (because it's a village-seeming role), Thug (because they can block Day kills too), Lurcher, Smoker, Soother, Rioter, Tineye. 

For the village, I'd rank them Coinshot, Seeker, Mistborn (they'll be useful to us about half of the time), Lurcher, Thug, Tineye (depends how you value PMs), Soother, Rioter, Smoker (who only really shines against late-game Spiked vote manipulation or if contacted by a power role in need of concealment). 

Fifth-style multiquote time! Promise I'm not evil :eyes:

11 hours ago, Emerald Falcon said:

[Edited the rest of the RP out for space]

Maybe it would linger

Checks for white text

11 hours ago, Scarlet Octopus said:

But what about exlo? Isn't it important to have a consensus on when we lose if we make the wrong choice?

It saved your font this time. Praise the Ja!

I mean, yeah, and I think whether it's 5, 6, or 7 will become clearer as people start dying. We can develop better guesses once we see what roles are out there since we can make deductions on what roles would counter or go alongside those. So yes, it's important to have a consensus on when exlo is but we definitely don't need to come to that consensus today. And in the end, knowing it's exlo doesn't really change any of our behaviors since we're all just trying to find elims every day.

10 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

inserting myself into this to note that the GM for LG74 directly asked El for a role distro idea (well he asked a lot of people) and he used a role distribution that had been initially generated by El and Fifth for AG5 so it's strange that one might say the GMs wouldn't do this because in a way they did oh they went for the Mistborn madness idea for that AG in the end but the point the point the point is that it was one of the distros they had come up with and they rejected that distro for something more kayana by standard meta and so Kas took it but anyway

...True, I had forgotten. That's funny.

9 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

You have earned one half (½) of a Village Point!

I don't think an elim would sort elim!coinshot and elim!mistborn into the same bucket. Both are possible, but one is a much bigger deal than the other.

I like this read. You have earned one whole (1) Village Point!

9 hours ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I do want to village read you for this whole sequence seeing as I nearly voted Iguana myself (but thought better of it) so I understand where you're coming from and sympathize with trying to spark discussion. However this exact thing happened with Tuatara last anon game (not the AG) and they were elim so I'm hesitant to chalk it up right away.

9 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Often more capable; may the Ja help us all.

4 hours ago, Charcoal Hyena said:
  • Pearl Chameleon: If I had to vote at the same point as Pearl, I'd probably have done the same as them for the same reason. I have more thoughts on their posts since being put on the defensive, but I'll need to do a proper analysis isolation of the people involved before I take one stance or another. 

In my opinion, if you think you would have done something exactly the same as someone else did it that's enough of a reason for a D1 village read. Considering you mentioned them in multiple times in your reads of other players I think it's weird you don't have a read on them.

I hate that I read your post as elim because of the way it was constructed, but here we are. I'm not a fan of the single elim read you have either, it seems rather weak. Normally when making a huge list like that there's more than one red name on it- and yes, I know that we're barely 12 hours into D1 but that alone might be the reason for my read of your post.

4 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Charcoal Hyena

Before anyone demands for a reason, this is largely just gut :P Their first ever post being this big reads list kinda rubs me the wrong way cuz on one hand it's always great n all to have reads, but it's also often used by elims early in the game to gain village cred cuz they can always switch their reads up after this because 'it's only Day 1' and also this sneaky statement here just throws em all out the window dont it? :P Non-committal vibe

Now to decide whether to village read you for having the exact thoughts as me. I did just say that this should be grounds for a D1 village read, but then again I wasn't going to vote Hyena right now. I'd actually ascribe a non-committal tone to a villager this early (unless an elim is putting teammates low down the list, and Hyena had nearly no one low down the list).

That is technically defending Hyena, but I didn't get the same vibe from their post.

~

Like the amount of content from the night. Right now I'd say my strongest village reads are Crocodile and Iguana, and my strongest elim read is Hyena. I could probably make a list akin to Hyena's if people wanted, and maybe I should anyway since it'd help me figure out where I stand myself. Though I'll join Meerkat on Amber Vulture right now.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

46 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Hard to tell if that's the government issued variety or the Freudian kind. 

the only answer to an or question is always yes

46 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

My power rankings for the Spiked would be Coinshot, Mistborn (because it's a village-seeming role), Thug (because they can block Day kills too), Lurcher, Smoker, Soother, Rioter, Tineye. 

any reason why seekers are completely absent from ur spiked power ranking

>edit

1 minute ago, Coral Swan said:

Often more capable; may the Ja help us all.

indeed may Warmmha forgive me for i blame myself

Edited by Salmon Meerkat