Emotional Allomancy in the Cognitive Realm?

Trusk'our

Question

1 answer to this question

It's possible that you should be able to but it might require some kind of trick to pull off. You might be in the Cognitive Realm but you're still human, this does not make you something like a spren or a Shard, who can whisper through the holes in a person's Spiritweb. Spren are Cognitive entities, yes but this might not necessarily be something inherent to the Realm.

It had occurred to me before that stronger emotional manipulation might be possible to pull off in the Cognitive Realm, like what you're thinking. There are some hints pointing towards it, such as Kelsier as a Cognitive Shadow was able to talk to someone who was mentally handicapped. I think he was only able to talk to Spook after Ascending, using their strong Connection. Soulcasting also takes the person's mind into the Cognitive Realm. Plus, the mind sensing predators of First of the Sun, it's hinted that their Cognitive Realm might be dangerous too near the Perpendicularity. The spren of emotion are Cognitive entities, though possibly as a counterpoint, they manifest partially in the Physical Realm while... feeding?

Plus, the Rhythms seem to be capable of influencing emotions to some degree, and could even be the underlying mechanism for emotional manipulation.

In conclusion, I think that this is possible but it might require a bit more than being on the Cognitive Realm, and would not be all that stronger an effect without a lot of power and skill, and the main benefit would be that you'd be hidden (assuming who you're manipulating can't just peer into the Cognitive Realm)