Feruchemical Tin and Psychic Senses?

Trusk'our

Question

The Coppermind Wiki says that Feruchemical tin can be used to store more than the traditional five human senses. Theoretically, could you get a creature from Patji to store it's mind sense inside an unsealed tin mind, then tap it for yourself to get that sense? Could an aviar like Sak that could see into the future a little bit store that sense for later use inside a tin mind?

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Dunkum said:

it would be tough to arrange all of that, since you'd need to someone convince a bird to store both aluminum and tin, not to mention the trouble of even giving it those abilities in the first place, but in theory yes.

Well, they do have a higher degree of intelligence than other animals. Plus, you can communicate and make deals with some creatures telepathically, like when Dusk 'talked' with those mouse creatures (can't remember their actual name).

On 12/26/2021 at 1:05 AM, Trusk'our said:

Well, they do have a higher degree of intelligence than other animals. Plus, you can communicate and make deals with some creatures telepathically, like when Dusk 'talked' with those mouse creatures (can't remember their actual name).

Meekers and yes, F-Tin can be used that way:

BartimaeusTrilogyFan

Can Feruchemists store more than the five ‘traditional’ senses, and does Allomantic tin enhance more than the traditional five senses?

Brandon Sanderson

More is possible.

/r/books AMA 2015 (May 17, 2015)

NewbSombrero

Can Feruchemical tin store Allomantically granted senses like bronze sense?

Brandon Sanderson

Possible.

General Signed Books 2018 (Feb. 8, 2018)

HA2HA2

Ooh, I think that's a really good point, Marsh probably should have flared steel or iron or something? /u/mistborn ?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, you're right. Good catch, /u/Thevulgarcommander! I believe we caught this already, however, and tweaked future printings.

Stormtide_Leviathan

So does this mean that tin doesn’t enhance Allomantic senses when burned? You’ve said before that windwhispers can store Allomantic senses, so I’m surprised at the difference there

Brandon Sanderson

I just think the passage is confusing, and was better of being tweaked. The new version, if you find it, makes it clearer--I believe he flares both tin and steel/iron.

General Reddit 2020 (Aug. 19, 2020)

The Aviar do seem to be very intelligent. Sak understood Dusk's intent and understood speech to a high degree.

We don't yet have much about artificial Metallic Arts confirmed though, do keep that in mind. Incl if parts of the process include Hemalurgy but just in case that it does:

Vegasdev

Would Hemalurgy work on animals?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, it would. 

Hero of Ages Q&A - Time Waster's Guide (Oct. 15, 2008)

Hopefully that doesn't just mean stealing attributes but giving attributes.

Edited by Honorless