Questions on Ascending

lukaash

Question

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, lukaash said:

Is asecnding actually getting a shard or is it just getting a ton of investiture? Could someone with a bunch of raw investiture (Nicrosil compounding) ascend into all three realms? Is this ascending (and would they be pseudo shards) or would it not work somehow?

I think that ascending is technically just getting enough investiture, which could maybe be achieved via nicrosil compounding. Big maybe on that one.

39 minutes ago, Nameless said:

I think that ascending is technically just getting enough investiture, which could maybe be achieved via nicrosil compounding. Big maybe on that one.

Fair enough. I guessed that we don't have any good answers on this. Thanks for answering.

4 hours ago, lukaash said:

Is asecnding actually getting a shard or is it just getting a ton of investiture? Could someone with a bunch of raw investiture (Nicrosil compounding) ascend into all three realms? Is this ascending (and would they be pseudo shards) or would it not work somehow?

4 hours ago, Nameless said:

You could probably achieve this effect if you were to get a massive interconnection of nicrosil metalminds (i.e. the size of a small city, or larger) and then tap it all very quickly. It would likely only be a temporary ascension, however, much like the Well of Ascension.

You likely could also ascend via bio-chromatic breaths, but you'd need A LOT.