Sasha

Journey Before Destination - Panorama Art (WoR spoil!)

10 posts in this topic

Panorama of Roshar. Hope you guys like it! I had a LOT of fun painting this one, though I was nervous about accidentally spoiling something as I was only starting the Oathbringer at the time of painting this. I'm definitely painting more of Stormlight in the future. Maybe Jasnah... or Pattern? I'd love to be commissioned for official art for the future books, that would be the dream!

I also welcome any feedback and critique, both for artistic execution and lore, but keep in mind that there had to be some liberty in putting together Urithiru so low and close to the Shattered plains and Horneater Peaks, for the sake of making the focal pieces clustered [Urithiru + Stormfather above the Shattered Plains] in the center of the painting as requested, for custom book sleeves with for all 4 books. Their spines, when put together, show the center of the painting.

"The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one.
Always the next step."

Stormlight Archive by Sasha Radivojevic.jpg

This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

3 hours ago, Robin Hatter said:

This is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

And thank you for the compliment! :D

Amazing! I love the detail. The two storms is a great addition, as is the oath at the bottom and the bridge in the right bottom corner:)

Posted (edited)

This is so cool! And it looks like so much work too. I would love to see your art end up on the official books too!

Edited by Mwindaji

I could definitely see this as a piece included in the actual books! 

It looks so GOOD.

Jasnah, you say :ph34r:

@Ookla the Theoretical You've found the bridge!! :D Thank you

@Mwindaji @ruin-apologist That's the dream :D I always read Sanderson's prologue and parts talking about working with artists on illustrating the series got me thrilled and wanting to be a part of that journey (puns intended)!

@Argent Jasnah's next I believe. I'm working on Pattern now, trying to capture the impossible!

Oooh this is ominous and fantastical! I love how you capture the danger of Roshar's landscape and climate in this.

Breathtaking! I've seen this picture before but I never expected to really "see" the person that made it! It's beautiful!!!