Trusk'our

Capturing a Highstorm?

Question

Could you take the gemheart of one of those huge, island sized greatshells, and then capture the Stormfather in it? Could you use this gemstone to create a fabrial that would allow a virtually infinite amount of stormlight to be harnessed at will?

Huh, I seem to have come up with a theory on how to destroy Roshar, I guess.

9 answers to this question

You mean the Reshi Tai-Na... hmm, depends on the size and quality, possibly? The Highstorm powers all of Roshar. And do you remember the gemstone pillar of Urithiru? I think you'd require something like that. Otherwise, maybe if you get to the Stormfather after he's passed through the continent, when he's extremely tired and weakened then you could do that... and bring about the Night of Sorrows, you monster

Edited by Honorless

11 hours ago, Honorless said:

You mean the Reshi Tai-Na... hmm, depends on the size and quality, possibly? The Highstorm powers all of Roshar. And do you remember the gemstone pillar of Urithiru? I think you'd require something like that. Otherwise, maybe if you get to the Stormfather after he's passed through the continent, when he's extremely tired and weakened then you could do that... and bring about the Night of Sorrows, you monster

Hey, I never said that it was a good idea ;)

Edited by Trusk'our

I suppose another thing you might be able to do would be to capture the Everstorm instead. That would be a good idea, since you'd be ridding Roshar of it.

Although, that brings up another question; does the Everstorm even have a spren to capture, or is it just a large chunk of investiture that travels across the face of Roshar?

On 20/12/2021 at 1:32 AM, Honorless said:

and bring about the Night of Sorrows, you monster

... Guys, I think I know what happens in Stormlight 5.

On 8.01.2022 at 5:30 AM, Trusk'our said:

I suppose another thing you might be able to do would be to capture the Everstorm instead. That would be a good idea, since you'd be ridding Roshar of it.

Although, that brings up another question; does the Everstorm even have a spren to capture, or is it just a large chunk of investiture that travels across the face of Roshar?

Everstorm dont probably dont have Spren. Yet. Is just matter of time when this amount of Investiture would gain sapience.

What if we would make syntetic gemstone with proper size and shape?

The everstorm has a spren.  Everything in the universe thinks about itself as is though about by others.  If it does not then it cannot really be said to exist.  A synthetic gemstone is possible although rosharans don't know how to make them just yet.  Imprisoning large spren is possible.  It is also generally a very bad idea as a certain even in rosharan history makes abundantly clear.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:57 PM, Karger said:

The everstorm has a spren.  Everything in the universe thinks about itself as is though about by others.  If it does not then it cannot really be said to exist.  A synthetic gemstone is possible although rosharans don't know how to make them just yet.  Imprisoning large spren is possible.  It is also generally a very bad idea as a certain even in rosharan history makes abundantly clear.

There is a difference between a spren and a cognitive acspect.

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

There is a difference between a spren and a cognitive acspect.

Only the quantity of investiture is really different.

5 hours ago, Karger said:

Only the quantity of investiture is really different.

And sapience.