MistCraft, Minecraft Mods adding the Metallic Arts (Coders wanted!)

Halyo_Alex

Greetings!

For the past several months, I, along with a few friends and fellow devoted Cosmere fans, have been working on creating a full set of the Metallic Arts as Minecraft mods.

Some of you might know about Legobmw's Allomancy mod. We're working with him to make sure the three Arts interact properly, but for the most part, things are slow-going due to a lack of coders.

We also have a working Feruchemy mod that even includes functioning Compounding. Currently, the two are separate mod files that interact.

Hemalurgy is looking to end up the same, as a third mod with cross-mod interactions.

There are so many ideas we want to implement, including Ettmetal primer cubes and other in-world gear, but we just don't have enough manpower to code it all in a reasonable time frame.

Art-wise, I and a few others have textures for items and blocks solidly managed. We may need someone good at mob textures, but for the most part, it truly is just a lack of people competent in Java coding that's holding these mods back from their true potential.

If you want to contribute code for the Metallic Arts mods, well, you've come to the right place! Give some examples of your modding capabilities, and we'll add you to our modding Discord server so that we can coordinate our efforts.

2 hours ago, lukaash said:

I looked on both mod pages and neither mentioned compounding. How does that work?

pretty much exactly how you think it does. Burning and storing the same metal gives you 10x the storage speed, burning and tapping allows you to access one higher of a level of tapping that isn't accessible by a normal feruchemist.

21 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

pretty much exactly how you think it does. Burning and storing the same metal gives you 10x the storage speed, burning and tapping allows you to access one higher of a level of tapping that isn't accessible by a normal feruchemist.

Ok thanks. I tired out the mod, and I really liked it. Super cool mod. I especially liked iron and steel. It felt really cool to be able to pull and push on stuff. 

Edited by lukaash
I wanted to add something.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...