Using Raysium to force people to use investiture, and other fun things

Trusk'our

Question

Here's another rather large post of my insane ramblings :) 

Can you use raysium to force someone to benefit from investiture? For example, normally someone has to be willing to tap a metalmind before it will happen, but if you could remove the investiture from an unkeyed metalmind via raysium, then inject it into a Feruchemist, could you ‘make’ them use that investiture?

Could you Hemalurgically grant someone Feruchemical copper, then inject them with unkeyed memories to alter their perception? Could you give them painful memories to incapacitate them, or memories that view something in a positive light to get them to like that thing?

Could you force stormlight into a radiant, then use Allomantic nicrosil to force a massive burst of power that would exhaust them?

Could you remove the breaths of an awakened object, then inject those breaths into another object? Would the new object obey the same Command used for the previous object? Could you remove a Lifeless from their body, then inject them into another corpse? Could you put a human Lifeless into a Koloss corpse? Could you put a Lifeless into a living human body? Would the human be compelled to obey the Lifeless Command?

If Nightblood were to be satiated like when he fed on Odium, could you then remove part of his essence, then transfer it to another sword, allowing you to make a duplicate of him?

2 answers to this question

I don’t know the answer to a lot of these. We don’t really know how Raysium will interact with Feruchemy, or awakened objects.

I would guess that transferring a Lifeless from one body to another would work, since we have seen that Raysium can absorb souls and it rationally follows that it should be able to put them back in, if a suitable container is around. Probably wouldn’t work for a living human, as their soul would likely resist the influx of Investiture. 
I also don’t think that you could replicate Nightblood so easily. Simply getting a piece of his investiture isn’t going to do anything; you’d have to take a significant chunk of his soul for even a chance to replicate him.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:27 PM, Trusk'our said:

Can you use raysium to force someone to benefit from investiture?

What would you call Hemalurgically spiking someone then rioting or soothing them would be? While I acknowledge that this is not through Raysium, it is a precedent for control through investiture, up to and including using investiture. I would think that other systems would have similar (if currently unrevealed) systems. Would Fused count? Their host bodies did not consent the specific usage of investiture as their minds were already gone before the Fused tried to use it.