cowboy vampires

Elf

Questions about the vampirism:

What if vampires drink mostly animal blood and some human blood?

How long does it take for a sucked dry human to turn into a vampire and regain consciousness?

How long does it take for a new vampire to die if they don't drink human blood?

@Elf im summoning you

Edited by Tani

Then they'll still have their abilities but they won't be as potent. (sorry vampire diaries, there's a lot of repeated vampire lore out there and it's hard not to copy)

22 minutes

A day. 

sorry

If anyone is interested in playing is this, just do it without me for at least a few days. 

My country has started vaccination for minors (against WHO guidelines) and I'm not feeling so great after taking my first dose

Edited by Elf

It's legal. And say, wanna take over this RP from me? I'll fully allow you to. I'm not sure I have the time for something like this right now if people are willing to play. I'm sorta really busy with school

Edited by Elf

@Condensation @The Unknown Aon @Szeth_Pancakes @Dannnex You being summoned.

@Channelknight Fadran did you want to join or were you just saying the thing about Connie's appreciation for vampires?

Elf has GMified me. Connie, TUA, Dannnex, I'm pretty sure all your questions were answered with edits in the opening post. Are you finished with/working on characters? Are you wanting to no longer be involved? I'm taking silence as a yes to the first, and will ping you if I need stuff to happen (later on-ish.) If you don't want to be involved, please tell me.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:19 PM, Tani said:

Sure, you can play my character. Or not, if you don't want to. Just do whatever you want actually

Edited by Elf

Okay. I can't edit things into the first post, so I'll edit them into the first post on this page (it just happens to be mine, which is convenient)

If you have questions about the world that's where I'll put my answer and we'll see how wrong I am when Elf returns to her GMship.

My character is ready.

Spoiler

Name: Sabrina Wright

Nature: Vampire

Appearance: Boyishly short dark hair. Only wears dresses on special occasions, preferring to wear jeans, a shirt, and a chest binding so she won’t be immodest.

Personality: Gets really intense when she’s focusing. Is usually really willing to laugh and smile. Is likely to sock anyone who openly ogles her pants, flirts with her too aggressively, or tries to kiss her without her consent. She can punch really well, and might not break your nose. 

Family: Father (Jericho Wright), mother (Rebecca Wright), two older brothers. (Justin and Jonathan.) (if anyone wants to play any of these characters, go right ahead.)

Backstory long version:

Spoiler

Sabrina’s father, Jericho Wright, has helped the sheriff for as long as Sabrina can remember. She was always more interested in his job than her brothers were. He’s taught her much of what he knows, and she often helps him out with his work. She’s been helping him for as long as she can remember. She would help him figure things out when she was younger, and he let her help in bigger ways as she got older. (ex. Breaking up fights in taverns, watching prisoners, eventually patrolling and investigating right with him.)

- - - - -

One evening about seven years ago she was helping him search a house, like she’d done a few times before. Usually she just watched the outside while he went in. This time, the roles reversed. He’d already taught her how to search a house and decided it was time to test her, so he stayed outside while she went in.

Sabrina doesn’t remember the encounter.

The vampire ran out the back. Jericho, not knowing it was a vampire, tackled him to the ground, cuffed him, and went back to watching (as per protocol.) Sabrina came out a little later than he’d expected, and when she reported her findings, she said nobody was inside. After her report she asked about the cuffed young man, and Jericho told her the man came out of the house. She was a little confused about that, but shrugged it off. Jericho still wondered.

She acted a bit funny that evening at supper. She seemed hungry, even after she ate more than she normally did. All the little abnormalities bothered her father. He didn’t sleep well that night, but he figured it out.

The next morning, a while before dawn, Jericho told his sons that their sister was a newly turned vampire and asked them what they wanted to do about it.

- - - - -

Sabrina awoke to a pounding on her door and Justin yelling “Bri! Da’s missing!” She was up and out the door quick as a shot.

“What happened?” Sabrina blurted.

“Ma woke up,” Justin babbled, “and Da was gone. Jon and I don’t know where he is either. Can you check the barn?”

Sabrina ran out the door as fast as her legs could carry her. She checked every stall thoroughly, even under the hay. She checked the lofts. She checked every possible hiding place she could think of, and didn’t find him. She counted the horses - they were all there. She finally found him sitting behind the barn. He looked perfectly fine.

She flopped down beside him, tired from the worrying and the frantic searching.“Da! You could have told us before you left! We were worried sick about you!”

Her da turned and stared at her. “You’re right. We were worried sick. About you.” Her brothers grabbed her arms, trapping her.

All three of them proceeded to force her to drink human blood.

Backstory short version:

Spoiler

She helps out her father, who works for the sheriff.

Seven years ago, while in a mostly abandoned house, she gets sucked dry by a vampire - who is then caught by her father. Her father figures out that she’s been sucked dry and tells her brothers. Her father and her brothers set a trap for her and forcefeed her human blood so she doesn’t die.

Edit: Because of time period social stuff, I've replaced the Pronouns section in my character sheet with a Gender section. If you're willing, please will you do that too? Reasons are explained better below.

Edited by Tani

18 hours ago, Tani said:

Pronouns (why is there a pronouns section? I mean, I kinda get it, but if we’re playing in the wild west era, technically it should be male or female. Anyone who went by different pronouns than their birth sex dictated would be reviled.)

People still can have preferred pronouns, reviled for it or not.

7 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

People still can have preferred pronouns, reviled for it or not.

I know. They probably wouldn't tell anyone tho. They would be more likely to disguise themselves as the other gender and maybe move around lots.

And if you wanted a character who preferred female pronouns you could just make a female. I'm a girl and I've played boys. (Last time I remember, I was about eight through thirteenish, but I'm planning on playing a male Epic and I've worked on writing a story for a male mage.)

All I'm trying to say is that I think we should fit it to the time period more. If we moved it to another planet I'd have no problem with the pronouns section.

Or maybe I'm just overly focused on historical accuracy and should stop talking.

Edited by Tani

No, no you're right. Pronouns is actually a weird thing to put in a wild west RP so yeah. Just remove them if you wish and replace it with "gender" and also, what exactly is a "GMship"?

Edited by Elf

GMship: the state of being GM.

It's definitely an official dictionary definition. :P

Sabrina glanced up from the paperwork as her father walked into the house, then resumed working. Her father interrupted shortly afterwards. "The Sheriff's planning on hunting down all the vampires he can get at."

Bri paused. "Not unexpected, with what happened. And yes, I'm helping. I'll tell him if he asks, but I'm pretty sure he already knows."

7 hours ago, Elf said:

No, no you're right. Pronouns is actually a weird thing to put in a wild west RP so yeah. Just remove them if you wish and replace it with "gender" and also, what exactly is a "GMship"?

I'm unable to mess with others' posts. Would you be willing to do that?

I don't think...I can do that. I'm not a mod. What I meant was the you can replace it with "gender" in your post and then ask others to do the same.

Edited by Elf

9 hours ago, Elf said:

I don't think...I can do that. I'm not a mod. What I meant was the you can replace it with "gender" in your post and then ask others to do the same.

I'm pretty sure you can always edit your own thread's first post.

Ok. I'll do that. Thanks!

• 11 months later...