Sequence

I just felt that I needed to thank you all. Thank you guys for being such a kind community. Thank you for not being toxic, and thank you for making me (and others) feel welcome. I've never encountered such a kind online place before the Shard, and I'm so happy I found it. Thank you.

Also, not quite sure where I was supposed to put this, so sorry if I put it on the wrong topic page.

Edited by Sequence

This is a great thread! Thank you for starting it, Sequence! 

It is really a great community here, welcoming, helpful and friendly. The mods are fair, approachalbe and nice and do a great job altogether. There are special events here (like the 17th Shard christmas) that only help make this forum a great place to be. I have seen a lot of other forums failing in a lot of different ways, especially since facebook and reddit take over most of the more specialized news. But here, there are still a lot of very active users who keep alive!

I only discovered Sanderson fairly recently, reading my first book only last christmas. I joined here in summer and have really found a great community and and awesome place to just relax and read about my favorite books from time to time.

So yes, I'd like to join in. Thank you to all the mods who have a hard job without getting much out of it. Thank you to all of the users who seem to have been here forever, even though you probably aswered all sorts of questions from all sorts of newbies before and I never heard (or better read) you being mean or condencending and thanks to all the newbies for keeping the forum alive with new ideas. Keep at it! :)

Thank you for your kind words! It means a lot. (And yes, this is a perfectly fine place for this thread!) 

We work hard to maintain a respectful community and to avoid the toxicity in much of the internet. If you feel people aren't being kind and respectful (and thus are breaking the Code of Conduct), report the post and we will deal with that! It's a Flag icon on mobile.

21 hours ago, Marukka said:

I have seen a lot of other forums failing in a lot of different ways, especially since facebook and reddit take over most of the more specialized news. But here, there are still a lot of very active users who keep alive!

Indeed, dedicated websites like this are a dying breed, but we have no intention on going anywhere. Forums are pretty old school. But hopefully with our news, content, and good atmosphere we get some people :) 

• 1 month later...