Elf's journey to become an artist

Elf

See, the thing is, when I started this academic year, I had two options. Pick physical education as a subject or art.

And since I get winded while climbing the stairs, I picked art.

But I also cannot draw for the life of me.

However I cannot ignore this any longer since my exams are in February.

So I am going to record my journey to becoming an artist. Hopefully doing so will be give me motivation to keep practicing.

Sketch 1- Female human body.

Spoiler

16397548555254865823219588670978.thumb.jpg.5a8f390df8f8f76abfeb5c7d66998057.jpg

Edited by Elf

Really great art! Body proportions are hard to get down when first learning about them.

6 minutes ago, Elf said:

How do I put the image in the spoiler box?

After uploading your image, place your cursor or whatever the thingy is called in the spoiler, press the plus button on your desired image, and it should be able to do that.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Mystic said:

Really great art! Body proportions are hard to get down when first learning about them.

After uploading your image, place your cursor or whatever the thingy is called in the spoiler, press the plus button on your desired image, and it should be able to do that.

Thanks! :D

I'll try that when I get my laptop back. Its currently broken :(

@Ookla the Lad I'm on my mobile.

Edited by Elf

1 minute ago, Ookla the Lad said:

Then I have no clue how to put images in spoiler boxes but Synnie got to it first anyways so we're all good here.

Thanks anyway for trying to help! 

Also...

You still haven't told me how my art is :P

Just now, Ookla the Lad said:

It's... an outline of a human form. There isn't much to judge yet. It's looking good so far, I guess!

I know it's not much to judge

But thanks for commenting anyway! (I just wanted to hear some praise :P)

• 3 weeks later...

That's okay, man :)) Art is always a process and you won't be perfect the first time 'round, but if you can draw a little something––it can just be a little doodle––it matters.

If you ever need some prompts, I can always help you with that lol.

11 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

That's okay, man :)) Art is always a process and you won't be perfect the first time 'round, but if you can draw a little something––it can just be a little doodle––it matters.

If you ever need some prompts, I can always help you with that lol.

9 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Honey, that sketch looks friggin' lovely! Keep up the great work!

Let me offer you something that helped me with anatomy s o  m u c h. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me! Good luck drawing. ;)

Thank you both so much! You really increased my motivation. Thank you Mystic Syn for the offer of prompts. Don't mind me if I take you up on that sometime. ^_^

And thank you Zephrun's Imperium for that image. I am sure it will help me a lot :D

• 2 months later...
Guest King Bean

im a cheery fox... so... OMG the female, body, thing *struggles to exist*... IT IS SO MUCH, LIKE TIMES TEN BETTER THAN MY ART AND THATS REALLY SAYING SOMETHING (no its not my art sucks its easy to be better than it but still OMG ELF SO FRICKIN GOOD! *screams wanting to be able to draw that good*  so gggggggoooooooddddd!!!

Edited by King Bean