The Farseer Trilogy

Elf

Has anyone read the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb? I am reading Assassin's quest right now, so please no spoilers.

But, by gods above and beyond, I love this series to bits. I love immersing myself in this world of Wit Bonds and the Skill; of assassins, and kings, and wolves. Oh my, it certainly ranks among my top favourite books. Its certainly not a series for everyone. The books are long(especially the last one), its slow, and the language is not easy (for me)

But I love this so much and I'm glad  I picked it up. I will certainly be reading the entire "The Realm of the Elderlings" universe.

Edited by Elf

11 hours ago, The Unknown Aon said:

I actually read Farseer last. My first for Fitz was actually the second trilogy, so I never quite liked Farseer as much. Who's your favorite character so far?

My favourite character? Fitzchivalry for sure. And I take it by your statement that the second trilogy for Fitz is better  than this one? Than I definitely can't wait to read that since I love this trilogy too!

4 hours ago, Ookla the Blighted said:

Yeah, that last one was pretty slow... but that's in part because Royal Assassin was just amaze balls

Royal Assassin was amazing. But I frankly feel like all the books are pretty awesome. And yeah Assassins Quest is pretty slow but I like it a lot so far. I'm on page 500 of 800.

• 1 month later...

My favourite character is probably Burrich.

If you like the Farseer series, you'll really want to branch out into Hobb's other Realm of the Elderlings novels, being the Farseer trilogy, the Liveship Traders trilogy, the Tawny Man trilogy, the Rain Wild Chronicles (4 books, not 3), and finally, the Fitz and the Fool trilogy. 16 books, split into 5 stories, but all interconnected and developing the same world. If you like the Farseer trilogy, I do recommend that you push on to the very end of the series. They don't have to be read in order, but for the story to make the most sense, you really should.

A comment earlier was about the second Fitz trilogy to be better than the first. Yes, it is. And the third is even better than those. I my mind at least.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:26 AM, chongjasmine said:

I enjoy the first book on flitz as well.

Will continue reading the rest after after I finish brandon's cosmere.

Oh yeah Farseer is superb. It's honestly one of the best book series's i have ever read. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:28 PM, CryoZenith said:

My email address is actually still a Farseer reference. I freakin' loved it. Found it back when I was still a child.

My favorite character would have to be Verity for sure.

Noice, Verity. What he did in the end to save his kingdom...gods above I think I cried. 

On 1/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, Bort said:

My favourite character is probably Burrich.

If you like the Farseer series, you'll really want to branch out into Hobb's other Realm of the Elderlings novels, being the Farseer trilogy, the Liveship Traders trilogy, the Tawny Man trilogy, the Rain Wild Chronicles (4 books, not 3), and finally, the Fitz and the Fool trilogy. 16 books, split into 5 stories, but all interconnected and developing the same world. If you like the Farseer trilogy, I do recommend that you push on to the very end of the series. They don't have to be read in order, but for the story to make the most sense, you really should.

A comment earlier was about the second Fitz trilogy to be better than the first. Yes, it is. And the third is even better than those. I my mind at least.

Yes I am gonna be branching and reading all of it. But for me they are also very difficult books to get through becuase of the length and the writing so I am not gonna be binge reading those books. I'll read them slowly. 

Burrich is among the best father figure characters that I have ever read. He's way better than some others (looking at you, Mr Dumbledore) though he still has plenty faults of his own. He truly loved Fitz. 

If the second Fitz trilogy is better than the first and the third even better than those then maybe I'll start reading them earlier than I had planned.  :D 

P.S. :Sorry for the late reply

4 hours ago, Elf said:

If the second Fitz trilogy is better than the first and the third even better than those then maybe I'll start reading them earlier than I had planned.  :D 

And Rainwild is even better than those in my opinion. It has one of the most beautiful endings I've ever seen. It's also lighter than all of Hobb's other books.